Hermès Scarves

Scarf greetings from a new member to this forum :flower:

Wearing a Brazil II Gavroche in a simple cowboy knot

DSC00133.jpg

did anyone buy the Scarf Book that Hermes recently published??? It's wonderful!!!!

I agree with you, chaneladdict, it is a fabulous book! It features around 150 scarves and is about the history, mystique, design and the philosophy on coloring of Hermès scarves.

For anyone who would like to see sample pages, please check the link below, I have uploaded around 30 double pages onto my blog.
Le Carré Hermès Book

My favourite Hermès scarf is Les Cles in the deep chocolate brown. I absolutely love it!

Any recommendations for scarfes, that are suitable for men?

I love Hermes scarves, however they aren't the most masculine. Two fall season's ago in their catalogue, they showed silk scarves twisted in between cashmere losanges and mufflers. It looked really great, you can pick up on the bright colours without it being just a silk scarf.

I purchased the Les Cles scarf, and I twisted it in between a light grey Hermes cashmere scarf.

Les+Cles

credit: boredcontianus.blogspot.com

That's a really great idea, I am always looking for ways to wear my growing collection:smile:

I think my next one will be one of the Quadrige...I went back and forth between that and the new springs..chose the new springs and wish I had just gotten both!

and does anybody know what scarf it is that Peggy receives on Mad Men from Duck?(if anyone has seen that episode)

Mai Tai, your blog is amazing. Your style is the style I aspire to! So gorgeous.!!

Any recommendations for scarfes, that are suitable for men?

thejarc IMO the matte finish of the vintage silk in the 70 Carrés, and the Dip Dye versions of the 90s are beautiful mens scarves. In the 70 format, H has designs which are particularly for men. But some of the standart 70s work for both, men and woman, such as the Pique Sellier, which is gorgeous (and masculine) in the storm grey CW. The 70 cotton Carrés are another option, as featured in the attached pages of the current LeMonde catalog. And then there are Lozanges and Pocket squares. Good luck!

Left: 70 Vintage Carré ' Clan équestre' right: Losange GM blanc/noir/azur
19-2.jpg

Both scarves 70 Cotton Carré 'Collection équestre'
20-1.jpg

right page, guy sitting: 70 Vintage Carré 'Clan équestre', guy standing: 70 Cotton Carré 'Collection équestre'
21-1.jpg

I think my next one will be one of the Quadrige...I went back and forth between that and the new springs..chose the new springs and wish I had just gotten both!

Isn't this is more often than not the outcome of H shopping dilemmas, dear chaneladdict! :lol: Congrats on the 'New Springs', it is such a cool and fabulous take on a classic. I'm a big fan of the Quadrige too, it is one of my favorites.

Happy to hear you enjoy my blog, and many thanks for the lovely compliment :flower:

Oh, and I have not seen the episode you have mentioned, but if you happen to have a screen shot, please post.

unplugged I can imagine how amazing your Les Clés must look twisted with grey cashmere, fabulous!

Today wearing 'Cent Plis de Miao' (design by Aline Honoré, AW 2010) in a basic bias fold

DSC00067.jpg

Mai Tai, you're everything I want to be. Of course still a boy, but with amazing style.

I saw on your blog that you had purchased that lovely..I am excited to see it on, the colors are just gorgeous. I love it~

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mikishuki
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->