How often do you buy designer clothes?

I do own some designer items: a Diane von Furstenberg dress (eBay), Marc Jacobs boots (eBay), DKNY skirt (eBay) and some stuff from the Karl Lagerfeld for H&M collection. Ebay is great for cheap designer clothes. Most items from my wardrobe are H&M, Topshop etc. I can't imagine that if you have a normal job you can afford designer (I'm not an actress or a footballer's wife). Anyway, I receive the most compliments when I wear my cheapest dresses!

I only buy designers clothing. Well at least 99% of the times, I just love them so much, after being in an expensive shop then I go to H&M or Top Shop or whatever and I find everything so ugly and poor quality looking. Such a shame I was born a poor girl and I can´t afford eveything I like, but I prefer one item by a designer against 10 H&M items. Though I must admit H&M is one of the very few highstreet brands that I like.

Whenever I can. I normally try to wait for a good sale though, buying pieces I could wear for years... I couldn't afford to pay full price for everything.
If I really need something, like a suit, I'll pay regular price.

Last edited by a moderator:
I only recently started purchasing designer. It's cuz I figured I've saved up enough all my life and have an excess of 10K in my account. I still only mainly buy from Ebay though, as I hate paying retail price... I mostly purchase Cavalli, Versace, and cashmere/silk pieces, usually blazers or dresses....stuff that is versatile and that I can see myself wearing 5 years from now.

Although I did misbehave on my latest shopping trip and bought an authentic Fendi Spy, my first designer handbag :smile:

I buy maybe one or two designer peices each season as far as clothes- usually prada. Shoes are a different story. I'd say i get a pair each month- manolo choo or loubutin and if that means i don't get to eat, well so be it.

More than I thought actually! But only coz of the increased number of sample sales in London, my addiction to Ebay and sad as it is, increased income has tempted me to shopping on the 2nd floor in Selfridges (anybody on a budget should not ascend the escalators and stick to the ground floor :lol:)

I prefer unknown designers tho......so not MANY big names in my wardrobe.

I love vintage and buy tons of vintage designer items, but that's just when I'm in Stockholm because there's no good vintage shops where I live.

I prefer buying one designer item that I really love instead of buying a few H&M sweaters that I'll be sick of in two months or so.

I'll do some shopping about once a month.. high fashion clothing seems like there was more thought put into how flattering the item will be rather than the budget the corporation puts on it.. Its kind of an investment since I can get more wear from it.

I realize if I didn't I could buy a new car in a year.. but I don't really want a new car. I want that chloe skirt.

fashion is a really terrible terrible addiction.. fashionholics anonymous anyone?

I only pay retail for bags. For clothes and shoes, I either wait very patiently for the sales or I get discounts from friends who work in boutiques.

As for the students on tFS, i know how you feel, i just graduated 2 years ago so i can still remember what it was like as a student. Be patient, your time will come! :D

I go to Jcrew for basics such as dress shirts, Tshirts. Theory for suits. I buy designer only for the rest of my wordrobe...especially for shoes and bags...designer only...I rarely pay retail though, I probably do it 1-3 times/season.

Well I have designer perfumes, designer sunglasses & a pair of marc jacobs shoes. But that's it. I usually buy miss sixty, diesel, h&m, zara, mango... I'm a student and my parents don't earn enough money to afford my designer needs.

Never..except vintage..I bought a Y3 bowlingballbag but I dont know if it counts..

i buy designer stuff as often as possible... obviously depending on my finantial situation - which is not always good:(-... but once you start buying designer clothing and accesories anything else from "ordinary" stores starts looking uninteresting for some reason... i usually go for expensive cool designer stuff or ridiculously cheap stuff from flea markets & weird bargains u can eventually happen to find when you less expect it.
of course i also own stuff by rather cute italian brands such as Miss Sixty, Killah Babe, Fornarina and such (good quality stuff even if not from reputated billionaire designers) but i got sick of clothes from stores like Zara, for instance. they only sell bad rip offs of designers' stuff and the quality is very bad plus everybody wears that stuff (at least where i live) and that makes girls over here look the same... really depressing...

as for the designing stuff, I own clothes from D&G, Armani, Versace, Marc Jacobs, Dior, Cavalli, Anna Sui, Sonia Rykiel, Prada, Chanel, among others, as well as accesories by Miu Miu, Gucci, Tiffany and Co., Dior.... i bought some of those items on sales and some others were gifts and of course not all of these items are from their main lines, some of those items are from the designers' young lines which are expensive but not absolutely unaffordable. But i am of the opinion that the way you combine things and attitude is essential when it comes to dressing cool. sometimes the clothes do not make the girl!:wink:

Pinky* said:
I'll do some shopping about once a month..Its kind of an investment since I can get more wear from it.

fashion is a really terrible terrible addiction.. fashionholics anonymous anyone?

Oooooh Pinky.. i relate to every word you said!!!:smile: i guess i am one of those fashionholics anonymous you mentioned:lol: ... and i 100% agree that buying designer stuff is some sort of investment... i get bored of ordinary clothes easily (unless it is something i find very special even if cheap) but that doesnt occurs with expensive designer stuff... i value those items a lot more!:rolleyes:

luv, Sonny xxx

I'm a sales rack junkie. It's my dirty little secret. People are surprised at how little I pay for my designer stuff. But I do spend a lot of time yearning and lusting. Once in a while I get awesome random designer stuff from my total old-money grandparents (who insist that designer is the only way to go).

I love quality,and I therefore only buy designer shoes and handbags.
I only buy designer clothes,but I do not like Chanel,Dior,YSL,Gucci,etc etc etc I really like mid-range French and Scandinavian designers,a couple of Belgian ones (Margiela,Dries,Demeulemeester),and the occasional Marc Jacobs,Chloe or DVF item.

I don't know how "not to pay retail".Ebay scares me.I don't like clothes that have been worn by other people.I don't fit into sample size.I don't "know people".

The only time I get a freebie is when my favourite boutique has a sale,or when I'm spending quite a lot at some or other designer and they throw in a free tank or something:lol: .

When I was younger,I dressed completely in high street clothing and I still got all the compliments I get now,so it really doesn't matter that much.

I've just developed a taste for comfort in my old age:lol: .

700-1000$ a month... until a couple of months ago, because i'm saving up now for a go-wild-shopping-trip to Paris ... ^_^

Every month i would head over to the Comme des Garcons Guerrilla store and buy a couple of things and then i would head over to buy some Dior Homme and some pieces from Dries Van Noten..

... but i haven't bought anything for 3 months now, which i'm very proud of :lol:

I never bought any designer clothes, handbags or accessories. I can't afford them... I mean, I'm 16. My mom has some designer outerwear and bags from the time when she was young, and had no children. She spent all the money she could in good clothes, designer or not. I hope I can earn as much as she did in that time to be able to buy what I want!!

I shop for designer clothing and accessories almost every day!
Mostly on eBay or Neiman Marcus. When I am in shopping cities like NYC or London, I majorly shop and stalk up on everything that I "need".

But for shoes, though I prefer designer, I will almost never pay retail for designer shoes. I always wait until they go on sale.

Have never bought couture, but hopefully one day I will be able to afford to! (wishful thinking)

candicec

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloome
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->