Makeup Tips for Black / African / Dark Skin?

This probably is in the wrong thread but i figured i might aswell ask you guys..
Anyone recommend a good sunscreen?

Hi does anyone know where Iman cosmetics are sold in the states.
Every macy's i go into say they used to carry it. and Ulta doesn't have the product I'm looking for.

I'm looking for the "lip corrector" it helps to even out 2 toned lips like mine. Darker top lip, pinkish botom lip.

Any help or alternatives to attain an even/nude look?

Drugstore.com carries it but I didn't see the lip corrector on their site. Have you tried just filling in your lips with a pencil. Wet n Wild used to make a pinkish brown one (I forgot the which number pencil it was) that I just loved. It was perfectly neutral for my skin tone and cost all of .99.

Drugstore.com carries it but I didn't see the lip corrector on their site. Have you tried just filling in your lips with a pencil. Wet n Wild used to make a pinkish brown one (I forgot the which number pencil it was) that I just loved. It was perfectly neutral for my skin tone and cost all of .99.
hmmm ok, I can try that. cos trust even the places I found that carry iman they don't have that product.

sorry if this is a silly question but with the pencil are you looking for a shade to match the top lip or bottom lip?
You said the pencil is pinkish brown but which colour is more "dominant"?

hmmm ok, I can try that. cos trust even the places I found that carry iman they don't have that product.

sorry if this is a silly question but with the pencil are you looking for a shade to match the top lip or bottom lip?
You said the pencil is pinkish brown but which colour is more "dominant"?

I'd say my lips are more brown but get more pinkish towards the center where both lips meet, so I try to "match" the brown skin.

Have you tried mixing your foundation with a touch of clear gloss or lip balm?

Not exactly makeup tips but I thought I'd still share it:

kidada.jpg

scanned by me from Lucky

Every macy's i go into say they used to carry it. and Ulta doesn't have the product I'm looking for.

I'm looking for the "lip corrector" it helps to even out 2 toned lips like mine. Darker top lip, pinkish botom lip.

Any help or alternatives to attain an even/nude look?

There is a product called Lip Erase from M.A.C but last I checked, it's only sold at their pro stores. It's a great product.

Article on Sam Fine and makeup for skin of color in the latest Vogue. I don't agree with some of his tips but it is an interesting read nonetheless.

Image Credit | Scanned by Me from Vogue US May 09

Does anyone know any places in Canada, the states or online that sell Black Up? I bought their under eye concealer when I was in Paris and I love it! Thanks

Vanessa Williams' Health and Beauty Tips

Yoga teacher:“Helena Mertens, formerly of Westchester Center for the Arts and now at Women for Fitness in Bedford.”

Nutrition strategies:“I have my food delivered to me in L.A. by Chef Paola Petrella. It’s low-fat, high-fiber, and loaded with flavor and variety. In New York, I shop organically at Mrs. Green’s, limit my sugar, try to avoid starches and refined carbs. Juicing is also a great way to start the day: carrot, celery, and beet with lemon and ginger.”

Skincare regimen:“I use Proactiv Deep Cleaning wash and toner, Mario Badescu eye cream, and Mila Moursi moisturizing oil.”

Hair: “A bit of a shocker, but I do get my hair relaxed at Sears at the Galleria Mall in White Plains. I have followed my stylist, Anetta, from JC Penney to Bloomingdale’s and now to Sears. It’s almost always open, and someone is almost always available at the last minute.”

Nails:“I go to Ana’s Nails on King Street in Chappaqua. She’s warm, inviting, and a master at mending a broken nail.”

Massage:“Nordic Therapy Spa on Route 120/Bedford Road in Chappaqua gives a great deep-tissue massage in a relaxing atmosphere.”

Waxing:“For anyone adventurous enough, Shine Salon on Main Street in Ossining gives the best Brazilian.”

Recent read: “The best book of the summer was Eat Pray Love by Elizabeth Gilbert.”

Tech gadget:“I can’t function without my BlackBerry. I have all my contacts, school schedules, appointments, and photos on it. It’s the way I stay in touch with my nanny, assistant, and kids. It’s life changing.”

s: Westchester Magazine

I must admit, knowing her history with acne and oily skin, I am intrigued by Perfekt Skin Perfecting Gel. Has anyone here ever tried it?

Perfekt Skin Perfecting Gel.

I went to Sephora and got a samples. The tiny tub they gave me has lasted quite awhile since I only use the gel under my eyes and on my nose. The clear variety doesn't do much for me but the one I got in "rich" is really quite nice. It lightens the dark circles around my eyes and reduces the appearance of my pores. It has that velvety silicone feel to it. I would buy it in a heartbeat if it wasn't so pricey.

^what's the brand of this product? I'm interested too.

Maybe a tip for a coloured skin who loves to use CHANEL......

Mix a little of the Soleil Tan the Chanel with lipstick Rouge Hydrabase Rouge Noir, thats the base...

Use the lipstick on your cheeks as a blush and also on your lips.

Crayon Yeux Berry or Navy on your eyelids, Inimitable on your lashes and you look FAB!!!!!!!!

Thanks Luxx For the Article!
We should post looks on here, or where can I find looks for my brown skin...pm me :smile:

Maybe a tip for a coloured skin who loves to use CHANEL......

Mix a little of the Soleil Tan the Chanel with lipstick Rouge Hydrabase Rouge Noir, thats the base...

Use the lipstick on your cheeks as a blush and also on your lips.

Crayon Yeux Berry or Navy on your eyelids, Inimitable on your lashes and you look FAB!!!!!!!!

Has chanel expanded their foundation shades to darker tones??

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CREATIVERESEARCH
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->