Model.Live: A New Reality Series from vogue.tv

From the bebo blogs:

Cato is home in Holland after a shoot in Mallorca. Whoops she has to go to Monaco tomorrow. Then home again to continue the visit.

Madeline is in NY, looking for an apartment for a month or so.

Austria is in Florida, visiting with family, on her way home. She expects to be back in NY soon.

oh I am so behind on all the episodes:o

I have to get caught up:blink:

Wow -- amazing episode about the economic realities of modeling! 100% Madeline!

Her landlord accepts dresses! double-wow! That's the trick - find a size 0-4 roommate/ sublet! Everyone wins!

Also, a review from Tatiana, my heroine at Jezebel:

Modeling is just like Madeline says. (And, to their credit, what Vogue and IMG allow her to say so clearly and directly.) Agencies deduct so many expenses — rent, any advances you've taken, messenger fees, laser copies of the images in your portfolio, composite card printings, airfares, et cetera — that your wages arrive so garnished you could mistake them for canapés. (I remember the first time I spent a whole summer in one market. It was my big break, with a big agency, in a big city — and I worked solidly, doing mainly editorials, and look books for designers who'd keep me for 10 hours and then say, "Now you get to pick out....A dress!" I was dismayed to find that by the end of the season, despite working regularly, I owed my agency $1000. For what amounted to photocopying.) You sink into debt so deeply that your only hope of earning it back is to stay in the game. But then when the nice money job, the $5,000-a-day catalog or the campaign for the South American mall brand you've never heard of, does come through, you don't see a penny because you technically spent it three months prior, when you had to pay your $325 weekly rent to stay in the agency-owned apartment and buy your $25 MetroCard and eat and reprint your cards to the tune of $500 — and all you'd booked back then was a lousy editorial that paid $100. Less your agency's customary 20%.

Great review Fontenrose thanks.

ps: I think Madeline was joking about paying her landlord with a dress :wink:

Yeah, Madeline was joking, but what a great idea! Find someone who will accept $3K dresses for the rent.

Sometimes... I really glad I never got too deep in modeling. Hearing Madeline and that review Tatiana going in-depth about just how you have to spend money to make money... and that's just ONE of the reasons why I don't think I would have liked being a model! :ninja:

Even though I already knew there were costs you'd owe the agency... I never realized just how much. Did know about the whole getting paid with clothes things... but it really sucks when you don't even LIKE the clothes though! :P

Thank God this episode is not about Cato. Am I the only one who hates her walk?

Does anyone know how long Model.Live will run with new episodes... My impression was it was going to end after fashion week, but guess not. Really wish the episodes were longer, like at least a half and hour. Why are the decent model shows always short/er? Like "A Model Life", the first modeling show I actually that was both realistic and enjoyable, and it was only an 1/2 hour show instead of an hour. And yet ANTM is a whole darn hour. :P

Yeah but the next episode might be...:ninja: or the one after that. I'm guessing since this last episode was featuring Madeline only, the next two episodes will only feature Cato then Austria or vice versa. Kind of like how in the beginning they had an episode with each of the girls seperately.

I don't know if I've ever noticed her walk really, then again I never really have an opinion on a model's walk, so... :wink:

No you are not the only one. I really like Cato she is a very pretty girl, but I prefer her in print more than on the Runway she doesnt transmit anything on the runway in my opinion as much as she does on print.

the 12th episode is all about Austria, she goes to her native country and books 12 shows you can really see the difference she was much more confident and happier there than she was in NY, she looked so cute. She also booked her first Campaing:woot: but they dont say what it is, im so excited and happy for Austria she is really determined in making it big and she is not really to give up I love that attitude.

http://www.vogue.tv/#Watch/Video_Player/8/258/true

The 13th episode has aired, its the pre-last one apparently and its all about Cato. Is it just me or are they gettin shorter and shorter every time ? This one seriously felt like one and a half minute max.

^I agree about the episodes getting shorter, I wasn't sure if I was just imagining it!:blink:

I'm really going to miss it:(, but I think it'll do the girls careers good if they're out of the spotlight for awhile.

Notice they say at the end "Season 1 finale" next week. So maybe next season, three new girls...

This might be a little off topic, but does anyone know the song at the very end of Cato's latest episode?

Oh I'd love to see them follow new girls, but I'd also like an update on Austria and Madeline

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
daaimage
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->