Model.Live: A New Reality Series from vogue.tv

just watched the whole show, and didnt see either of them oO
e

The video you just watched was from thurday. Friday night they were both supposedly walking Zac Pose they even have pictures backstage getting their make up done on the bebo page

There could have been 2 shows - in any case neither of them did the one that counts. :P

Oh thanks! I love watching these...

Cato did AMAZING in London, I thought her NY season was a bit underwhelming, but it seems Europe will love her.

Austria sort of fizzled in London, she did 3 shows, but I can only really recall her in one show.

Madeline... honest mistake I guess, but I really don't know what to say...

*Spoiler sorta*

damn I mean what was she thinking and what are the agents doing?
I mean its the 1st thing they should have talked about even before Catwalk season started.

She would have done great in London too...

Can someone explain me why did not Madeline do London?
I watched the episode but I can't understand their English.

From my understanding (I don't know much about work visas obviously..) but they sent something in the mail for her Work Visa and she was supposed to go somewhere to get it stamped, but she didn't read the instructions (she just assumed it was that actual work visa and she was good to go) and she didn't get it stamped

so she went to London and they wouldn't let her outside the airport because she didn't get the stamp or whatever.

Sorry if I just confused you more =/

Oh thanks! Now I get it. Ummm, wow!
But hasn't she traveled a lot? Wasn't she from a Greek agency? And wasn't she a living-american in Australia? How come she didn't know anything of this?
Oh well...

As usual, more analysis from Tatiana at Jezebel:

Her booker looks at her like she's an idiot for forgetting the notarization of her visa — and it is a rookie error. But doesn't Madeline also pay IMG to keep her up to speed on such details of duck order? It strikes me as almost as much their ****-up as her own, since I'm guessing, like every model I know, that Madeline relies on her agencies for all her immigration arrangements. Her booker should have been reminding her about the visa stamp daily.

and

But London proves difficult even for those who make it off the plane. Austria and Socrates McKinney, her Santo Domingo mother agent, have a hard time navigating their way to castings — even with a driver. (Now wise to the trap of agency debt, I can barely look at a driver without seeing dollar signs spinning like on a slot machine. That luxury must be costing the poor teen a fortune — far more than she could make back in a month of shows. And he's not even getting her to her castings.

and

In one scene, Socrates makes Austria take over his call with IMG London and write down her own new casting information because, he says as she wearily takes the ball point, writing gives him headaches. Oh, mother agents! They all work so hard for their lifelong, exclusive, worldwide, multi-agency kickbacks.

Tatiana slips in so many tips for models. Blame your agent!

Austria must pay for her driver?!
No way!
I thought that was an agency issue, not hers.

Oh thanks! Now I get it. Ummm, wow!
But hasn't she traveled a lot? Wasn't she from a Greek agency? And wasn't she a living-american in Australia? How come she didn't know anything of this?
Oh well...

In the video the agent asked her the same questions.. haven't you been all over the world??

She said she jsut opened it and saw work visa and assumed that was all she had to do... :shock:

I was thinking.. wow.. that is something like you would see with lazy college students not reading instructions for assignments.. then I realized.. well.. give the girl a break.. she's about the same age, and it was an honest mistake i guess.. her lost also

But I also think her agent should remind her about those things. It's her first season and the girl can't discover everything by herself. And it's not her first mistake, I mean, when she was in NY she lost her portfolio. But looking at it in the brightside, I think she will learn of her mistakes and do better next time.

It's not like it is the end of the world, right? I mean, there are still big shows in Milan and Paris.

Austria must pay for her driver?!
No way!
I thought that was an agency issue, not hers.

Models pay back their agencies for everything. They are self-employed. The agencies put things on their account and it can add up quickly -- show cards, couriers, flights, model apartments, $$$$... That portfolio Madeline lost, the pictures in it are probably high res prints...

Doing the shows is a huge gamble that you will get a campaign. You still owe the agency if you don't get it. If not, you get sent to a secondary market to work it off. Your bookers move on to get excited about a new girl.

Does anybody know that song they had at the end of the last episode when Cato was walking for Topshop? I NEED TO FIND IT. lol

I kinda been forgetting to watch this, but I just caught up. I wish the episodes were longer. I'm not too crazy about the editing either. They're all about the style, being cool and slick, but kind of fail to deliver a storyline. With that said, I enjoyed it. The girls are great. Madeline isn't really my type, but the Austria and especially Cato are awesome. Hope all three find success.

Models pay back their agencies for everything. They are self-employed. The agencies put things on their account and it can add up quickly -- show cards, couriers, flights, model apartments, $$$$... That portfolio Madeline lost, the pictures in it are probably high res prints...

Doing the shows is a huge gamble that you will get a campaign. You still owe the agency if you don't get it. If not, you get sent to a secondary market to work it off. Your bookers move on to get excited about a new girl.

How stressful.. people say it's easy being a model but this is the stuff you don't normally hear about.

From my understanding (I don't know much about work visas obviously..) but they sent something in the mail for her Work Visa and she was supposed to go somewhere to get it stamped, but she didn't read the instructions (she just assumed it was that actual work visa and she was good to go) and she didn't get it stamped

so she went to London and they wouldn't let her outside the airport because she didn't get the stamp or whatever.

Sorry if I just confused you more =/

you would all be very suprised the amount of girls i know that these kind of things have happened to. most of the time models know more than the agencies do. the agencies tend not to know much at all. esp about visas and the like.

and paying a driver is one of the worst things you can do in the fashion capitals cos as much of a pain public transport is, it is far cheaper and usually quicker. eg. in milan a month pass for all public transport is about 30 euros. a driver for a day (shared with other models) can be as much as 165 euros for a day.

Madeleine should be getting her act together if she wants to make it big, if you ask me. Losing her portfolio, screwing up the visa .. Two honest mistakes, I guess, but still. Then when her agent asks her if she wants to try London one more time she says no!? She should be begging to go back to London.

It just doesn't seen like she is particularly motivated and from what I understand, motivation is important if you want to break through.

Keep in mind that the agency,and the models all know that all they do will be on film ....for the agency to screw up in a big way by not checking on Madeline's work visa is a joke. When she walked into the agency after being sent home from London you can just see the chill in the air.
Can you imagine what it's REALLY like for your average model during show season.... Agencies hate to babysit....Austria looks miserable and tired and this shows in every casting and go see (I speak from experience on this one). Give that girl time to grow up a little...she's going to be a star if given half the chance. Her agent looks like he would rather be anyplace else than helping her to stay positive. What ever happened to development of a model?

Cato seems to be handling all of the stress and loneliness that comes with the fast pace show season. She's booking some of the right shows and making it all look like a piece of cake.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muk5
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->