Overrated/Underrated

yes he does! and to me he's a better musician than an actor :innocent:

Overrated: Green day, The Killers, Lady Gaga, Madonna (oh yes.), Linkin Park any other Sh*it on Mtv
Underrated: Kasabian, Muse, White lies

yes he does! and to me he's a better musician than an actor :innocent:

Oh, who knew! (Well, probably like everyone, but me. :lol:) But anyhow, I've never seen him act, so can't really compare, but going to see what he sounds like singing, anyhow.

Edit: Well, really did not like his music (from the sampling I heard), and if his music/singing is better than his acting...remind me to never watch him act, could get painful then! :innocent: Honestly, if millions of young girls weren't so gaga over him, and if he wasn't in "Twilight", I doubt so many would be "loving" his voice/music (as I witnessed from the YouTube comments.)

Last edited by a moderator:
I've listened to a couple of his songs, thanks to my friends who are Twilight lovers, and they made me feel sleepy. And I totally agree with you Susanna.

pete doherty's solo is highly underrated...its a great album,but ever since he stopped dating miss moss people stopped paying attention to his work...:doh:

A couple more names of musicians, that I find underrated: :flower:

Adam and the Ants
Kula Shaker
LCD soundsystem
Peaches
Ballet imperial!!
Mickey Avalon
Plastiscines
The big pink
(thank god they're getting the attention right now)
The Last Shadow Puppets
The virgins
The Shins
Mystery jets
Primal scream
The dead weather
The kills
Shiny toy guns
The asteroids galaxy tour

and, unfortunately, etc. etc...

pete doherty's solo is highly underrated...its a great album,but ever since he stopped dating miss moss people stopped paying attention to his work...:doh:

honestly, at first i liked only 2-3 songs from this album...but when i saw him live, i fell in love with the album:heart:

underrated:
Jefferson Airplane
Gang Of Four
PJ harvey
Television
The Ronettes
Thin Lizzy
The Sonics(the first punk band)
Noonday Underground
The Duke Spirit

honestly, at first i liked only 2-3 songs from this album...but when i saw him live, i fell in love with the album:heart:
I know what you mean, it was the same with me. Everything is different when you see it live^_^

this is a great thread!

OVERRATED:
Lady Gaga
Beyonce
Flo Rida
Lil Wayne

Underrated:
Adele
Lykke Li
The Moldy Peaches

...thats all i can think of for now :(

^^Oh! Kings of Convenience, I meant to mention them, as well. ^_^

Wait...Robert Pattinson, makes music?! :blink: I thought he was just an actor...and then again, is anyone just an actor these days?! Apparently they all have to be an actor/singer/dancer/director/etc... :rolleyes:

Haha yep, well I actually heard some of his music before I knew anything about twillight..

and to add to underrated: The blue van, Vampire weekend, Efterklang, The raveonettes, Band of horses..

underrated: Aqualung... you'd think with his music being part of many OST's and whatnot, he'd get some attention....

overrated: milye cirus :sick:, lady gaga, taylor sw. whatever her lastname is, PARAMORE (???), rihanna, katy perry, lily allen, adam lambert (he's a sick joke)

underrated: smashing pumpkins, portishead, unkle, nick drake, a grave with no name, patrick wolf

Overrated:Gaga,Leona Lewis,Jo bros,Black Eyed Peas,....U get the idea

Underrated:Paulo Nutini,Thin Lizzy,The Shins,Damien Rice,Evenescence(amy lee),James Morrison......And Yes i may be byest,but i genuinely do like robert pattinson voice:blush:

overrated:
la roux
katy perry
madonna
miley cyrus
rihanna
jonas brothers
black eyed peas
kings of leon
the pussycat dolls
nirvana
britney spears
arctic monkeys..

underrared:
ladyhawke
lykke li
sia
cold war kids
bat for lashes
empire of the sun
le tigre

Editions to my list I already posted, on the page before...

Overrated: Lady Gaga (how could I forget her!) and this is somewhat an unusal selection, because they're not hated on often, but Radiohead, as well. It's just that, nearly everyone I know names Radiohead as a favorite band of theirs, they're recieved many "top album of the year" mentions, etc...and I don't like a single one of their songs. I've tried to like them, honestly, but I just can't understand the hype surrounding them. I think they make mediocre music, at best. :ninja:

overrated:
MGMT-they really just suck
Arcade Fire
Interpol
John Lennon-i love him but he's severely overrated.
Eric Clapton-see above
U2-see above,above
Bob Dylan-terrible.:sick:

susanna you're certainly entitled to your personal feelings but to say they're mediocre is rather extreme. especially when one considers the sea of sameness that exists in music...male laden music that is....and also the poseurs that often try to emulate them.

xerq completely agree about U2. i liked their early years but they've become rather tired and overly commercial these days.

another underrated-
fever ray-although karin has got some attention for this project this year it's far less than it actually deserves. highly emotional...dramatic....and the visual feast that she expressed so stunningly in her stage performances is to be marveled.

susanna you're certainly entitled to your personal feelings but to say they're mediocre is rather extreme. especially when one considers the sea of sameness that exists in music...male laden music that is....and also the poseurs that often try to emulate them.

Yes, but the honest truth is that, to me, they sound mediocre. :blink: Just because most think they're out of this world amazing, and I don't, doesn't make my opinion extreme. :ermm: You seem to be subtly suggesting that I should rethink my opinion, because it can't possibly be right. There's no wrong or right in an opinion. It is what it is. :innocent:

I hate to know what'd you think, if someone said they were downright bad. :ninja:

Editions to my list I already posted, on the page before...

Overrated: Lady Gaga (how could I forget her!) and this is somewhat an unusal selection, because they're not hated on often, but Radiohead, as well. It's just that, nearly everyone I know names Radiohead as a favorite band of theirs, they're recieved many "top album of the year" mentions, etc...and I don't like a single one of their songs. I've tried to like them, honestly, but I just can't understand the hype surrounding them. I think they make mediocre music, at best. :ninja:

I'm gonna have to agree with you on Radiohead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ze bicho
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->