• The Red Carpet Highlights of... The 77th Annual Cannes Film Festival 2024!

• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Patrick Robinson for Target

490956800_5580d444a1.jpg

http://flickr.com/photos/trishabrunner/490956800/in/pool-wardrobe_remix/

I really want that dress. It looks longer than I thought it was.

I tried that dress on and it looked great. I figured I wouldn't wear it much so I didn't get it. If it comes on clearance and I'll snatch it up.

TheKiwi said:
I love my Target in Keene, NH (where I go to college) - they never sell out of anything there! It's a town of hicks and broke college students, and people think $30 for a shirt is too expensive there. It's great for me because nearly all of the GO stuff ends up in clearance! :D

LMAO! :rofl: it's like that here too!

I just bought the brown linen vest with the really great pleat detailing along the front and the gray jersey dress with the knotted shoulder straps and ruched waist. Both were only like $24.99 apiece, and the dress is definitely comparable to similar pieces I own from Vanessa Bruno. I have never seen anything quite like the vest before...I didn't like it on the model online (where I checked to see if there were any pieces my local Target wasn't carrying), but I love it on me, hehe. I think it looks much better untied with the straps dangling - it gives it a way cooler vibe. I wasn't familiar with the designer before he was featured at Target, so maybe this line will get him some much-needed exposure. :smile:

Last edited by a moderator:
The stuff I ordered arrived yesterday but I didn't get a chance to try it on until just now. I really liked the medallion shift dress, but the XS is too small across my chest and back and the sleeves are a tad snug. If anyone has a S and would like to trade, just let me know :smile: Or else I may just keep it and hope I lose a few pounds (which I'm trying to do anyway) by summer. I also got the two woven babydoll tanks (navy and rosette print). I don't like the rosette print and neither of them fit me very well. I think they may be going back. I got the brown tie shorts and I may keep them, although the little slit by the ties cuts up very high. And I also got the one-piece medallion bathing suit, which fits fine but I'm not sure I like it very much.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does Target restock at all?

Hi,

Does anyone know if Target will restock this stuff? I'd love to try the medallion dress that resembles a kaftan, but they only had one left in a Large at the Target I checked out, and I normally take a Small. The Large was certainly very roomy on me. I'm wondering if it's worth going back on another day to see if they've restocked.

online they have added tons of new stuff, including the blue strapless dress with the pockets, the eyelet shirtdress (in black and white), and the long white dress with the bird pattern.

I too had trouble with the 10% coupon, I kept getting an error message that it had expired. But they still have free shipping for orders over $50.

^ The shopping event is only good for a week so I'd definitely hurry. :D :wink:

(http://www.target.com & you can click on the image to go to the page :wink: )

I briefly went into Target yesterday and there was a lot left, but it was mostly pants, solid-colored tops, shorts and swimsuits. I was hoping the accessories would be there because I really want the hat, the print tote and the leather net bag. They had one Patrick Robinson Open Shoulder Dress in the Blue Medallion Print, but it was an XS and there was no way that I could fit that. :doh:

I'm going to try to go back to Target in a couple of days to look at some more stuff before I make my online order! :D

I feel like this collection has so many suprises that weren't revealed in the initial pressroom.

I had never seen this dress and I want it!

patrickblackdressgt8.jpg

I saw the medallion print tote in one store and it's HUGE. I had to pass because I don't really carry bags that large anywhere.

i do like more and more of this collection, esp. the 'unannounced' pieces! anyway, i'm off this weekend visiting my mother in IL and went to the local target to try on some more of the collection. i can concur with everyone else and say that the medallion print shift dress is a very stiff fabric and very, very tight across the chest and shoulder...it took me ages to figure out how to zip myself into the dress. luckily all those years of yoga helped me with the contortions! seriously...!

another disappointment is that blue strapless dress. while most of this line is very flattering on a wider array of bodies, the blue strapless dress is made of a thin, stiff fabric that is very unforgiving of, um, womanly curves. i was disappointed in the fabric, and you pretty much have to have the right type of body (slim yet with enough of a bust) for it to fit well.

however, there was a lot of other items in this collection that have totally surprised me. the linen vests are really cute in person...i actually like wearing mine buttoned and tucking the strings in, over a long top or a tunic style dress...it looks way cuter that way than in the website photo. the rosette empire waist babydoll dress is adorable, and the fabric is much more substantial than i had suspected. it is a little longer than i expected on me, but not matronly, so it has a slightly more grown-up air than the usual go target item. but the item i fell in love with and didn't expect to was the medallion print bubble hem skirt with the brown ribbon belt...it is charming and ladylike, but not uptight at all. i found this quite true to size as well. you can go a size up and it sits lower on the hip, a size down and it hits the waist and hip quite beautifully. i don't know why, but it's just incredibly fun to wear.

i tried on but didn't get the blue empire waist baby doll top with 3/4 sleeves and pleating at the bodice. i love it, it's comfortable, cute and full of interesting details like exposed seams and black canvas strap detail at the top of the sleeve, but i was feeling a little excessive.

but i think my favorite thing so far are actually the reversible tanks, which are true to size and have really great fabric, a sort of slinky, silky cotton, like lyocell or tencil (it feels ten times better than american apparel cotton...) they really are versatile and clever...the halter top in the front is quite sexy, and the whole piece is very relaxed and cut beautifully. i have mine in blue/grey, and i'm debating if i want to get the other ones because i adore them so much. i highly recommend!

anyway, i feel like i'm blathering on about all this, but i've been so pleasantly and happily surprised by this collection (despite some disappointments) that i thought i would share. i just think it's all very comfortable, and i love how a lot of the items can be integrated into all sorts of wardrobes, no matter what your 'style' is. i'm looking forward to getting the leather net bag and the tank with bead detail, and then i really must stop...ai yi yi!

i love the skinny jeans!
the wash is perfect...
and they fit really well. length is perfect, too ^_^

the jeans are the only things i got. i considered the printed skirt, but they didn't have the right size (though i did have to go up one size for the jeans, i would have need my regular size in the skirt)...

the linen shorts looked good in person.
so did the denim shorts, but the fit was akward. i wish they didn't sew it when they rolled up the hem, so now it can't be unrolled. unless i undid the stitch...?

Went to another Target today and still no luck on the shift dress. It is so cute too. Canipokeyourhair, that dress look really nice on you! I didn't like the cut of it, but I really do like the print.

If only you lived in Minnesota...as I do. I've hit about 7 or 8 Targets in the past few days and I must say, everything is very cute--even the cardigans, which remind me of a school marm. I also managed to pick up that blue strapless ^^ and it actually fit me perfect. Dunno about re-stocking, though. My sister works for the Target Corp in downtown Minneapolis and says that instead of hoping for the racks to be re-stocked, the best bet would be to try as many Targets as possible since some stores release certain garments before others.

Good luck!

thefrancofille said:
Went to another Target today and still no luck on the shift dress. It is so cute too. Canipokeyourhair, that dress look really nice on you! I didn't like the cut of it, but I really do like the print.
That's not not a picture of me. Sorry, I should have clarified. I just found it on a flickr site and thought to share it here. I really like the print as well.

I visited a Target last week but didn't try on as many things as I had wanted to because the fitting room ladies always glare at me after I make a few trips. I tried on the Patrick Robinson Short-Sleeve Woven Shirt - Angel Food , but it was extremely tight, especially in the chest. I think they ran one size small, but the darts made it a really flattering shirt if you get it in the right size. I bought the crochet tunic camisole in "Angel Food," and I really like it. The fabric is very soft, and it's loose and drapy. I also bought the white side tie shorts. I think they run pretty true to size. I also got the navy blue woven tank in navy, which I really liked, but it didn't look good on me. The fit was off even in an xs. It was also longer than I had expected. It's too long to wear with shorts.

roxicodone. said:
<snip> Dunno about re-stocking, though. My sister works for the Target Corp in downtown Minneapolis and says that instead of hoping for the racks to be re-stocked, the best bet would be to try as many Targets as possible since some stores release certain garments before others.

Good luck!

Thanks for that. I went to another Target today, and they didn't have the dress. The salesgirl said they would be getting more of the same items, but quite frankly, I didn't believe she knew what she was talking about. A lot of people who work in these large stores neither know or care about their job. No offence to your sister, what she's saying makes total sense.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aeroplvne
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->