Prada S/S 2017 by Willy Vanderperre

I like the images... the only problem I have is the casting... we have young female/male models... then we have a mature man yet no woman... maybe it is not the full cast and I'll be pleasantly surprised...

I'd say Saskia qualify as a mature woman...

These are gorgeous. Best Prada campaign in a very long time. I really don't get tFS's (and probably fashion's in general) strange obsession with Meisel. When was the last time Meisel actually produced something truly amazing? And each time something new comes from him, people generally seem to accept that it's weak. Yet, everyone always gets up in arms about him not shooting a cover/campaign.

Anyway, back to this. I also dislike the trend in current campaigns to shoot like a dozen different, random people and giving them each one shot. The campaign really becomes less significant and less special somehow. Just like with the trend of having 26 different cover versions each month. I'd much rather have a couple people in a campaign. It's less anonymous and has more gravitas for me.

^^
FW16 was actually an extraordinary last campaign for Meisel. On paper, it was flawless for a collection that wasn't that great IRL...

For me, Willy is like Raf...They are a bit like fanboys. I expect from him to shoot a lot of Meisel favorite anyway... I mean at Dior, they shot some of Meisel favorite women so...
And as long as Ashley Brokaw is working with Prada, the casts will be great.

Love the photos and Willy but honestly I find Willy's work for Prada so far all look similar. I will definitely miss the anticipation waiting for Meisel-Prada campaign.

Prada was one of the best women's collection of SS '17 and I find the clothes absolutely hideous here. Saskia's shot is really strong, but since an ad is to sell the product this all crumbles for me because the clothes and accessories are distractingly ugly.

This is aesthetically boring AF. Willy is just not the right person to bring any freshness to this brand.

The images are stunning. But I don't think Prada can build a relationship with Willy in the same way they did with Meisel. Meisel challenged himself while (or at least be tried and sometimes failed) while Willy (especially combined with Rizzo) brings out the same old formula. So this and the resort campaigns look great but if they go on like this, I think it will become very repetitive, especially considering his special projects for Prada too. Also, I liked the collection much more on the runway than here in the campaign. I'm curious to see more, but I already expect what the next pictures will look like.

I hate how it has no specific theme. Anyway, here is the campaign.

prada

Kris Grikaite :wub:

I know I sound like a fangirl but I absolutely adore this. In fact, I haven't been this excited about a campaign for years. From the casting to the styling to the photography I love everything.

A reimagining of a fashion campaign, challenging convention and freed from creative boundaries, 365 envisages a new multi-faceted concept of fashion advertising, displaying manifold interpretations of the Prada collections.
Instead of representing a singular idea through imagery for an entire season, there are multiple narratives of a shifting and equally multi-dimensional world. Not one story, but many.
The Spring/Summer 2017 campaign showcases five separate visual identities, five Prada realities: Pathways, Frontiers, Stations, Exits and Terrains. Each represents different scenes from the same story, a sequence of imagery, but are dichotomous, entirely distinct.
In a challenge to the singularity of traditional campaign imagery, the multiplicity of interpretations will continue throughout the year.
The visions behind each of these Prada images - and behind this new advertising concept as a whole - echo the ever-shifting needs and desires of everyone’s lives, every day. Prada, 365.
prada.com

Full cast:
Amanda Murphy
Dylan Fender
Giedre Dukauskaite
Jing Wen
Jonas Gloer
Kiki Willems
Kris Grikaite
Masao Parris
Nimue Smit
Oliver Houlby
Sara Grace Wallerstedt
Saskia de Brauw
Wallette Watson
Wang Hong Yu

Last edited by a moderator:
According to Prada.com, here is the full list of models in each theme. I believe there will be more pictures coming out as we haven't seen some of the names in the current surfaced pictures.

Photographer: Willy Vanderperre
Models – Pathways: Saskia De Brauw, Giedre Dukauskaite, Dylan Fender, Jonas Glöer
Models – Frontiers: Amanda Murphy, Nimue Smit, Sara Grace Wallerstedt
Models – Stations: Kris Grikaite, Oliver Houlby, Kiki Willems
Models – Exits: Wang Hong Yu, Masao Parris, Jing Wen, Wallette Watson
Talent – Terrains: Jude Law
Dates: November 14th – 18th, 2016

Fab cast and great images so far, 'Stations' and 'Terrains' are the sections with the strongest shots.

It looks like they had a few different concepts for this campaign and even though it seems a bit messy together, I'm actually quite liking it. It's so dramatic, I think this will look amazing in print as well.

So happy for Jing and Kris as well for landing this big campaign! :smile:

I like the concept of multi themes instead of multi girls. My favorites are Pathways and Frontiers.
I wonder if they´ll publish the theme with certain publications, eg I can see Exists in more youth oriented magazines.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roller69
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->