Prada S/S 2017 by Willy Vanderperre

Kris is EVERYTHING. EVERYTHING.

This girl is a genius in front of the camera.

Yeah she is, i worked with her for Vogue last month. She is very sweet and funny. She is also very young. Such a beautiful girl. She deserves it !

Overall, this campaign is good. Very Prada, the styling is always good and i am always in love of Vanderperre's work. I will wish a casting a bit more diverse but well like some of you said Rizzo and him are not known for being into diversity.

i love the ones with the girls sitting on the chairs, simple but do the collection good justice :smile:

they should have ditched the shots with the green rails, those are outdated

I love it. It's exactly what the brand needed. He managed to bring the clothes down to earth and make them desirable. The clothes look amazing, the models look beautiful, and most importantly the bags look good too. This is a very successful campaign. I hope things continue down this route in terms of collections and campaigns.

Glad to see Nimue and this is good,really suiting Prada's aesthetics nowadays.

I honestly like the different concepts. I think it works.
So happy for Kris. She's all I care about in this campaign. What a gorgeous girl! :wub:
Kiki on the other hand... I can't stand this girl, she's so unspiring. Prada had such a gorgeous and diverse cast on the show, any other girl here would have been a better choice.

Great campaign! Really happy to see Nimue and Giedre. Would have loved to see Anna de Rijk to.

Great camapign, looks fine. Sadly than Meisel didn't shot the ads, but Vanderperre made it his signature on Prada.

I would not say that I think it's "trying to hard" but there is something dissonant about it.

Pretty enough images but, as with a lot of Willy's work, it does nothing for me. Only credit I'll give is that it reminds of the Schoerner campaigns from the early aughts/Meisel break period.

Given that they shot in LA it would've surely been obvious for them to have played up the 'Macarthur Park' reference from the show's soundtrack as well, just IMO.

Interesting to bring this up, no?.. if it had been brought up before

A lot of the office workers look like this here. In their suit jackets and such; then you commute with them in the afternoons, they are wearing their runners, backpacks etc... some on bicycle...

I saw Amanda's shot in the window at the Prada store in Amsterdam, but didnt take a picture. The video is perfect, and Kris' shots are the best of the bunch. That face!

I HATE this! Not for the images themselves, but because of the ramdomness of it. A bunch of images with no conexion whatsoever, tons of models involved, each one with one portrait... Really annoying.

I really hate when they cast 65465426 people for one campaign, and then everyone gets their own shot... It's so boring and feels much less exciting and relevant. You forget about it way more easily. It's less of a statement.

The pictures are nothing great either... Really aseptic and lacking depth... He's just too superficial and self-concious for me. But that's always my problem with Willy. He is not bad but he doesn't have the genius factor. And once you've seen a picture of his you've seem them all.

The pictures are nothing great either... Really aseptic and lacking depth... He's just too superficial and self-concious for me. But that's always my problem with Willy. He is not bad but he doesn't have the genius factor. And once you've seen a picture of his you've seem them all.
Thank you! You've hit the nail on the head in regards to Willy. It's so true.

I don't agree with that Just take a look at all his Dior and Jil Sander campaigns. Those were spectacular. These day's he's stuck in a particular style. He's more than capable of producing genius images. It's just a matter of if he want's to.

The collection was bad and this is not good either.
It is very try-hard, over thought and random.
Nothing is more off putting than someone who thinks they're smart when their really not.

^Prada is notorious for not being diverse (racially, for certain.) Prada is one of the least diverse brands

Is that Querelle with the blue thing on her head? The model in the fifth photo literally looks like she's 10, at the most. Gross.

Actually, Prada's both runway and campaign are very diverse. There have been many models of color walking and fronting Prada.

This campaign season is really fresh. I like it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Derpies
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->