Richard Chai for Target

Reaction score
from elle.com

This just in, officially: the latest designer to sign on with Target's GO International program is Richard Chai, whose line will launch in early August!

good for him, he had all the hype when he was starting the label, hopefully it will build his brand...i liked his fall 08 collection.

btw...he's def cute in person

I am pretty surprised to hear of another new/not too well known designer doing for Target, this soon. We shall see what his collection will be like for TargetB)

Not too surprising, but great for Richard. All his experience with Marc Jacobs, TSE, and his own line will hopefully (surely) pay off in the Target market for him and customers. I look forward to the collection.

Richard Chai Fall 08 line

In case you someone hasn't seen Chai's work before-these photos are from his Fall 2008/2009 f/w collection.
THE LOOK: Bursts of color, shearling surpsises, turtlenecks, cropped leather numbers

Like the idea of his design being massed produced now?! Although I guess these photos are not a direct indication of what the line at Target will look like.:unsure:

richard_chai01.jpg
richard_chai02.jpg
richard_chai03.jpg
richard_chai04.jpg
richard_chai05.jpg
richard_chai06.jpg
richard_chai09.jpg
richard_chai11.jpg
richard_chai12.jpg
richard_chai13.jpg
richard_chai14.jpg
richard_chai15.jpg

source: papermag.com

The color palette and satiny fabrics seem similar to some of Richard Chai's stuff in the past, but it does seem a bit strange to release his press photos before Rogan or Jonathan Saunders.

Spring 2008
00180m.jpg

Somewhat similar skirt and shade of blue

00160m.jpg

Anorak (look 14)

He's also done dresses with sheer overlay, somewhat like look 3.

Spring 2007
00270m.jpg

00300m.jpg

style.com

There are only 15 looks so far though. I hope they'll release more photos of the collection.

Last edited by a moderator:
http://www.***************/image/2007/W37/091020072158244489.jpg
elle.com

look 5 is described as a "T-back" dress, which I imagine looks something like this from the Spring 2008 collection.

I'm surprised there aren't any blazers. I was hoping for one...maybe it'll be in one of the later looks?

Yea!!!! I so bet that is the Richard Chai collection. I like some of it! Especially the black and white t-back dress.

Why not til August? Is there another in between Jovovich-Hawk & this one?
I see alot of this collection that I would want.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, it looks like those pictures aren't of Richard Chai's line.

According to fashionista, "the clothes were created by Target designers in an attempt to 'bring top apparel trends to Target in between each limited-edition GO International designer collection.'"

I don't no whether I like this or not. On the one hand, Target is selling more fashionable clothing for reasonable prices, which is good. But on the other hand, do I really want to spend as much on Target for Target as I would on Luella for Target?

Opinions?

This was pretty unexpected...

I think the fact that people like Target's own designs is good, though it's a bit strange that they're including it as part of Go International.

I guess I can still hope for a Richard Chai for Target blazer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moonandluna
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->