Richard Chai for Target

i bought the long cardigan in blue today at my local hometown target. it's really nice! at first i thought it was way too pricey at almost 40 dollars, but the material is actually 5% cashmere. it's super-soft and cut really slim in a thin knit, and it has these kind of epaulets at the shoulder that you don't really see in the pressroom photos. it's a very nice sweater -- now i'm thinking of getting it in black as well. it seems to be cut true to size. i usually wear a M in GO sizes, but i got my sweater in XS. i could probably go up to a S if i wanted a slightly slouchier fit.

i saw some printed floral t-shirts and tanks and a few knit tops as well, but i wasn't that interested in them. the material for the floral tank seemed really icky to me. but the cardigan is really nice -- that i can vouch for!

How do you wear the sleeves on the sweater? I saw it today in the store and the sleeves looked like they could graze the Earth.

I went today and I was really really disappointed. Either they had a crappy selection to begin with or it was already extremely picked over. They had a couple blouses, some plain tshirts, and the floral print dress.

I tried on these two things
41Bqf-hxOTL._SS384_.jpg
41ZRlMhkgfL._SS384_.jpg

target.com

first of all, I have to say that this collection probably has the worst quality of any of the go collections I have seen. I actually liked the dress on, but it was so horribly made it wasn't even worth the $40 it cost. First of all, the fabric was rough and flimsy. Only the top was lined. The stitching was already pulling out and it had only been our for a day. The zipper didn't have a closure at the top and the zipper pull itself was giant and obnoxious and said "Richard Chai" in letters you could see across the room. I had to size down too, which is a first for the go collections. If the dress goes on sale for like 15 bucks, I would pay that for it, but definitely not as it is.

I got the short zip sweater/hoodie in the blue. I love it. Way better then a regular old fleece hoodie. I find it to be good quality. I did not like the long cardi. the 3 buttons in the front were in a strange place.

I also bought that white jeweled tunic. I think it is really cute on, not boxy at all. It was completly lined.

I got the blue flower racerback tank in a small, they run big and it was only $12.99 and very cute.

I treid the color block tie dress on and the fit was bad. it puckered in the back up and down my back. BUT I did end up getting the black ruffle dress. It is very flattering on. makes you look skinny.

I really liked the lavender swing coat but when I put it on it was way too stiff and boxy.

Last edited by a moderator:
i think my local supertarget had the entire line, but i didnt buy anything. nothing really stood out to me.

wow, I just went to Target and LOVED the collection. Target was much cleaner and more organized than I remembered! Probably just because the collection was just released though... They had so so much stuff, a really great selection. Great short black interestingly embroidered-type skirt, striped skirt (too short for me though...and pretty skimpy fabric), a great 20s looking patterned cowl-neck type dress, and a fabulous light grey/blue jacket. Too bad I don't need any of these things in my wardrobe....still too expensive for the quality IMO, but a very nice collection.

my target doesnt have the long cardy's either. if any one buys one please post pics

I saw the long cardigan today. It runs big and the sleeves are extremely long (I usually bunch up the sleeves to my elbows so it's not such a big deal). At the same time, the fabric is soft and very lightweight. It also has epaulets at the shoulders which you don't see if you looked online. There is a big difference between each sizes. I think I noticed about 2-3 inch difference in length between the small and medium. I would have bought one but I already saw a flaw on the small.

i went to target today and saw the collection again. the cardis are nice but nothing really special. i'm not a fan of the rouched front though it is 5% cashmere and all. i ended up getting the zippered skirt in black which i know i'll get a lot of wear out of.

i went to another supertarget and saw the leather vest. i liked it a lot, but im not willing to spend $80 on it.

I saw a couple of pieces in Teen Vogue, this was my favourite

la.racked.com

Just a shame they won't ship to the UK!

That dress in real life is really cheap looking and does not flatter any sort of figure, in my opinion. I was really disappointed with it when I tried it on.

That dress in real life is really cheap looking and does not flatter any sort of figure, in my opinion. I was really disappointed with it when I tried it on.

I agree. The material is horrible.

i went to another supertarget and saw the leather vest. i liked it a lot, but im not willing to spend $80 on it.

the vest was super cute! but i wouldn't spend $80 on it either. i bought the blue pencil skirt and the white/grey stripe tank though. the price wasn't so bad for those.

Wow this collection hasnt been embraced AT ALL. Im not either... its not good. Other topics for these go collections were jumping every day with purchase pics, reviews & wants... kind of sad. I hope Saunders will be better.

Also there are rumors that the next designer with be Alexander MCQUEEN! Hope its true!

I have to admit I wasn't very excited when I received my purchases.
I ordered the blue blazer and zipper skirt in black and red.
The rest of the stuff appear cute online but it all looks like it has been done somewhere before.
The skirts were quite a disappointment - the fabric quality and the cut were not very good, which was a pity because I do like the concept behind the design.
The blue blazer was okay, it looks great with the sleeves rolled up, much like how it was styled but I don't know if I'll keep it as I do have quite a few blazers now.

i bought the long cardigan in blue today at my local hometown target. it's really nice! at first i thought it was way too pricey at almost 40 dollars, but the material is actually 5% cashmere. it's super-soft and cut really slim in a thin knit, and it has these kind of epaulets at the shoulder that you don't really see in the pressroom photos. it's a very nice sweater -- now i'm thinking of getting it in black as well. it seems to be cut true to size. i usually wear a M in GO sizes, but i got my sweater in XS. i could probably go up to a S if i wanted a slightly slouchier fit.

i saw some printed floral t-shirts and tanks and a few knit tops as well, but i wasn't that interested in them. the material for the floral tank seemed really icky to me. but the cardigan is really nice -- that i can vouch for!

i got the blue cardigan too and I like it very much, you can't really see the shoulder detail, but the material is very nice...a cotton cashmere mix
IMG_0373.jpg

I love my blue cardigan. I wear it with a tank, skinnies and flats.

The trench is on sale now. Most of it is on sale. I saw the trench today for 22 dollars! And some of the blouses for 12.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Giuliagiachetti
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->