The Agency - Reality TV show about the Wilhelmina Modeling Agency

Im almost positive they canned Becky, but why should she care?

I personally like Becky. I think she is nuts but I don't think she is a bad agent. Perhaps her behavior is due to her dislike of Pink. Mind you no one is taking about Pink and I thought he was a little bit harsh in the first episode during the open casting.
Becky is loud, crude and harsh but that's how the business is, and wouldn't you want to be represented by a person who can manage that?

^ The problem is, that's NOT how the business is. They are professionals working in a billion dollar industry. They are not dancing monkeys. She works in an OFFICE setting. You do not act like that in an office, period, regardless of the industry.

Everyone works with people they don't like. I'm sure that there are plenty of people here who hate their bosses. It doesn't matter if you hate your boss, you suck it up and act like the grown up you're supposed to be. I'm in high school and I'd get kicked out if I acted like that.

i really like this show because it really gives you a better look at this world instead of those other stupid "modeling shows" we see on tv. But remember its called TELEVISION. they hav to edit everything to make more ppl want to watch.

although wilhelmina's womens board really seems to be struggling.

Well i don't truly know if that is what the business is like or not because i don't work in the business. My uncle works for an Agency and i've seen some of his co-workers be rude and harsh but personally i think they are like that because their job is stressful.
All i can say is that I understand Becky in a sense, I am sure she seems more harsh due to editing but I don't think she is a bad Agent at all, if she was she wouldn't have lasted as long as she has. She said she's been an Agent for 11 plus years and she is currently working at Trump Management according to some members so she must be good at her job.

xmodel citizen said:
^ The problem is, that's NOT how the business is. They are professionals working in a billion dollar industry. They are not dancing monkeys. She works in an OFFICE setting. You do not act like that in an office, period, regardless of the industry.

Everyone works with people they don't like. I'm sure that there are plenty of people here who hate their bosses. It doesn't matter if you hate your boss, you suck it up and act like the grown up you're supposed to be. I'm in high school and I'd get kicked out if I acted like that.

This show is a BORE, a mess. I dont like any of the agents and the models are lackluster. Why not have a show that follows IMG, Women, Storm, Ford, etc?! Wilhemina is not as legendary as it once was, no?

I don't think any top agencies would want to do a show like this though.

Crakk said:
This show is a BORE, a mess. I dont like any of the agents and the models are lackluster. Why not have a show that follows IMG, Women, Storm, Ford, etc?! Wilhemina is not as legendary as it once was, no?

I think those agencies are too high profile for a reality tv show. Notice how they don't really pay all that much attention to the men's board in the show? It's mostly about the struggling female board.

^ Exactly, and they don't even discuss their very successful commercial division either. They make a ton of money in commercial modeling, but that isn;'t even mentioned in the show. It's all about the dramatic women's high fashion end.

I agree with some of you, Becky can be a total b*tch and sometimes she goes way out of line. But she's not a total b*tch though, because when the Jamaican model arrived she treated her perfectly. Why? because the model knew how to be a model. Is true, in the business you have to be skinny, as an agent it can be stressful having to tell a kid like the girl from Alabama to stop eating all that junk because it can affect her in the future. Why is it so difficult to make that girl understand?

She's not that amazing either so why should all the bookers go after her and beg her to come.

I agree with AriellaV, agencies are NOT like that. Agencies take care of their models because like they said on the show. Every agency tries to steal models from other agencies. So why should models stay at a place where they are treated like Becky treats some models. If they were to do a reality show on IMG or FORD then there would be nothing interesting but the bookers just doing their job and that's not a show.

I think there is a lot of editing and made up drama. Notice how the first show is very crazy and Pink is being mean and Becky is going all crazy?? That was the first episode, to catch people into tuning in the next time :wink:

8 Fighter said:
I agree with some of you, Becky can be a total b*tch and sometimes she goes way out of line. But she's not a total b*tch though, because when the Jamaican model arrived she treated her perfectly. Why? because the model knew how to be a model. Is true, in the business you have to be skinny, as an agent it can be stressful having to tell a kid like the girl from Alabama to stop eating all that junk because it can affect her in the future. Why is it so difficult to make that girl understand?

She's not that amazing either so why should all the bookers go after her and beg her to come.

I agree with AriellaV, agencies are NOT like that. Agencies take care of their models because like they said on the show. Every agency tries to steal models from other agencies. So why should models stay at a place where they are treated like Becky treats some models. If they were to do a reality show on IMG or FORD then there would be nothing interesting but the bookers just doing their job and that's not a show.

I think there is a lot of editing and made up drama. Notice how the first show is very crazy and Pink is being mean and Becky is going all crazy?? That was the first episode, to catch people into tuning in the next time :wink:

Did you see her comments after the Jamacian model did her test shoots? She was all doom and gloom, complaining about her skin and saying that she couldn't model. Obviously, everyone else disagreed because she got booked right away, even getting compliments on her skin. So even though Becky was bashing her, she tried to take credit and act super sweet at the show.

Obviously she didn't say the right thing, she was harping, swatting her and treating her like crap. That's why she QUIT the agency. And it's not up to us to decide whether or not a model is good for their agency. They obviously felt she was good enough because she was booking jobs for them and they want her back. And anyways, it's not up to Becky to decide what that girl should eat unless her habits are out of control or are affecting her work. If they were, then she shoudl tell her, but in a respectful way. Look how they told Owen Stuart that he needed to buff up; they sais we understand it'll take some work, but if you put in effort, you'll see a result in the number of jobs you book. They did not treat him like crap, they told him something in a respectful manner.

And you may have meant me :wink: :lol:

That chick from Alabama...Sweet jesus. Firstly, she gorges herself like a frickin football player, she burps like she was raised by wolves, and she's just mousey. I would just ditch her ***, Becky is mean...SO WHAT. SHE'S RIGHT, maybe if you didnt' act like a moron you'd be good. I agree though that Becky has no idea how to get people to do what she wants without being rude/disrespectful. I could never work with her, Id punch her in the face.

Robin should just do it...They flew to the boonies to come get her.

"I LIKE ALABAMA MORE THAN I LIKE NEW YORK"

ITS NEW YORK CITY and you'll be a MODEL...Trust me, you'll manage.

Last edited by a moderator:
^ LOL, who the hell would rather live in a trailer park in Alabama than be a model and travel the world? Oh God, maybe I shouldn't have asked that.....

I really like watching it. I just wish it was an hour long show. Well, I could probably like watch it 24/7, but that's besides the point, lol. Half an hour (20 minutes really) is just such a short period of time to get a storyline going and it's over before you know it, which makes me mad.

But anyway, I do really like it. I dont' know any better, so I don't know how accurate or not it is, but I love just watching how the whole thing works. So I hope it doesn't get cancelled for a while.

That girl from Alabama, Robin? Seriously, WTH? How more pathetic can someone be? I know she's young and all, but she has such an amazing opportunity and what does she want to do? Stay in trailer park in Alabama. I don't get people sometimes. And yuk, she's actually pretty nasty in her natural habitat. LMAO, imagine her being sent to a casting like that. But yeah, her pictures they showed were good, so I'm sure there's something underneath there that can be great.

If I had to choose between dealing with Becky everyday and living in a trailer in Alabama, I just might choose the trailer. Becky is insufferable. It's no wonder their women's board is doing so poorly if the girls are being left in Becky's charge and scared off the industry.

The men's board staff, by contrast, look and behave like professionals.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mihxxen
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->