The "Hello Kitty" craze....

Originally posted by chanel_girl@Jan 12th, 2004 - 2:37 am
What's hello kity? :huh:
Hello Kitty is a Japanese cartoony character. Afaik, it's just something to put on products.

The way I understood it, the Japanese are crazy about cutesy cartoon characters, and they're used to push everything. Sort of.

I love Hello Kitty and they have this huge store in Ginza (Tokyo) which is filled with all these cute pink products. They also sell lots of stuff you can't buy in Europe or US, collecting items that looks very Japanese :P

Hi I liked Hello Kitty when I was young...and I've still many stationery and so on, and I've bought a cute Tarina Tarantino Hello Kitty hair pin, but bags .......no, thanks, I prefer others

She was one of my favourite cats in my early years but ive long since let her go. Still enjoy seeing her around, but I wouldn't want her with me if you catch my drift.

My favorite Sanrio character is Baby Cinnamon:

bc.gif

I prefer San-X to Sanrio, though. They have really cool anthropomorphic food characters:

Yogurt Kun...
0050.gif

Cheese Family...
mer01.jpg

Beer Chan...
ss2126a.jpg

hate it and actually grown women wearing it and being into it creeps me out. i liked hello kitty ummm hello??? 20 years ago... i do think it is adorable for little girls just not women or even teens. my two cents...

There is an interview with the creator of Hello Kitty and Sanrio in Tokion magazine this month. :flower:

i think its fine to carry a yummy smelling pen or two, maybe a little phonebook, but thats about it. There is something about the plasticy smell that drifts from the hellokitty store in the mall that makes you yearn to pop in. but i dont, i keep walking.

two hundred bucks for a pendent with plastic flowers on it? I dont think so.

I grew up with Hello Kitty and the other characters when I was little...my parents raised me on it...
But as an adult it is kind of nostolgic and that is about it. I have some stationary and a bandana that I wear when I am bumming around the house but that is about it...I think it is a little silly when grown women wear it....just my opinion.

I love toys of any kind, and I grew up with Hello Kitty. I like the Tarantino jewellery, but I don't think I'd carry a bag, but I don't mind seeing others carry them. But I used to work in China and Taiwan a lot and it was totally normal to have a meeting with a high powered businessman and when he got his pens and notebook out to take notes they'd be Hello Kitty!
Its completely accepted for adults to tout this stuff in The Orient.

I think I've seen Cameron Diaz photographed wearing that pendant.

Then again, Ms. Diaz isn't really known for her maturity. :wink:

ya..i think it's a fad..or mayb it'll turn into a trend we'll c..i saw paris hilton wearing lots of stuff with hello kitty. i think it's adorable..i want a sparkly necklace like that. i buy those pencils all the time lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->