The Lanvin Sneakers Craze

honestly, I like the shoes but think they often are a bit too flashy. I've seen people flashing D&G all over the place falling for these sneakers. The hype was there somehow in the start of 2007. But I feel it's gone now. At least for the hightops, the low version is still going to last I think. Lanvin sneakers went too mainstream for me.

Have you ever seen someone wearing them or are you just going by internet/media hype?

Have you ever seen someone wearing them or are you just going by internet/media hype?
I know 3 people wearing them. Seen like 5 more people wearing them. And all that in little Norway and just people where I usually walk.

the shoes are meh....definitely not worth all that money.

and no, i don't see Lanvin filling in the spot that Dior Homme by Hedi Slimane left vacant. no where near. frankly if i remember correctly, it was during S/S 05 otherwise known as beck, that Hedi Started the whole chuck taylor wannabe craze.

I know 3 people wearing them. Seen like 5 more people wearing them. And all that in little Norway and just people where I usually walk.

Ha!

Norway may be little, but it is one the richest countries in Europe! So, they could afford their Lanvins!

But for me, I do see the brand taking over Dior Homme, especially now that they will collaborate with Acne for jeans!

Ha!

Norway may be little, but it is one the richest countries in Europe! So, they could afford their Lanvins!

But for me, I do see the brand taking over Dior Homme, especially now that they will collaborate with Acne for jeans!

I'm wearing Acne jeans right now, and they cannot be compared to my MIJ's and Lanvin suck at making jeans, and Acne won't make them any better!

Well, I have tried Acne jeans and they look cheap. But with Lanvin's collaboration, something good may come up. Plus, KVA has totally destroyed the way Dior jeans fit...
:wink:

I really doubt KVA cares to touch the denim line. That is the only thing making Dior Homme $ (along with tragic sneakers).

I'm wearing Acne jeans right now, and they cannot be compared to my MIJ's and Lanvin suck at making jeans, and Acne won't make them any better!

Lanvin do not make jeans, that's why they looked for a company that has the know-how and design qualities they were looking for. I'm not enthusiastic about it but let's not get too far ahead of ourselves and chastise a company for a product they never released...

hmmm, anyone got the fluorescent from this season?
i think they are mesh and fluorescent...
i really love the look but they are just sooooo heavy or maybe i just picked up a pair when i was overly exhausted ? :unsure:

I agree they are really heavy, even the mesh ones. The rubber must be super-dense! Also there is a pretty decent cushioned insole, I think some of the weight also comes from that.

I haven't seen the fluorescent ones, though.

hmmm, anyone got the fluorescent from this season?
i think they are mesh and fluorescent...
i really love the look but they are just sooooo heavy or maybe i just picked up a pair when i was overly exhausted ? :unsure:

Your initial perception is correct, they're about the weight of a pair light boots (say a leather soled chelsea). It doesn't bother me because I wear lots of boots but if I put on Repettos or Chucks next it is quite noticeable. The sole is quite heavy and the padding substantial.

I luv my Lavinz.

they're complete metrosexual victim but I love them. I got teh blk patent hightops (the same as Fuuma) and in a low top too.

I mean, $665 to $730 for a pair of sneakers? You'll find identical and much cheaper adidas everywhere.

Have you ever actually worn the Lanvins? I have worn plenty of Adidas and there is no comparison once you have worn them for any length of time, IMO.

I would love to see a link to Adidas that look the same, too, just out of curiosity.

I agree that the Lanvin prices are steep, but we are talking about fashion, not athletic shoes.

i would buy these shoes in a heartbeat. i think it's much more more than a shoe but also a statement about street style. i don't think $600 is that bad for a LANVIN shoe. now if it were about $1000 then i would start questioning the price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omukai
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->