Trends you regret trying

OMG everything Von Dutch, especially the long sleeved shirtes that said "Von Dutch" on the front of the shirt.:ninja:

Bell bottomed jeans, UGH. I don't really regret things I wear, but I hated these while I was wearing them too, so I'm really mystified at myself)
Too-baggy clothes (ok, this was my mother's fault more than mine, she refused to buy me anything that fit properly because she was all 'you mustn't show your body', but still I'm the one who cringes at the memory).

Leather effect leggings, which of course looked hideous on me. I looked like I was attending some sort of disco convention; HORRID.

Oh, and I had my moment with the Von Dutch hats. Along with a short lived addiction to anything and everything made by Juicy Couture. Bad times ladies and gents, bad times.

- skater shoes... not for me... cute for some guys but not for me definitely
- some kind of posh clothes... sorry im punk i can do wear that but then i have to make a character like i was playing a movie if not the punk on me gets even on those clothes...hahah
- try brands that don't fit me... okay if they don't fit you forget them! Like Levi's jeans (here in Spain are not at all cheap and i dont find them any good and dont fit me at all so no... i tried twice but nooot again)
- the too much good quality jackets but not trendy at all... i mean thats from my childhood.. nooo nooo sorry same with shoes... if im not making any sport or going to an extreme weather conditions simply nope. what a silly trauma hahah.

-

I'll admit it: shirts with polka-dots, skulls and little cherries on them :ninja: (Yes, for some months even I was infected with the emo-trend at 16)

Ponchos, certainly, such an awful look especially for me (I was in to them when I was about 12 and had this 'awkward preteen' look)
And I went through a 'goth' phase one winter, which looked awful, I wore black all the time and I'm way too pale to wear black. And I wore black fingerless gloves to go with it.

Skinny leather jeans/leggings - even the really expensive ones look bad and like plastic from a distance - and don't even mention how the sausage-ify the area immediately above the knee. I was in love with my Miu Miu's for about 10 days and crimes against fashion were never committed in public as they were swiftly returned from whence they came. My husband says he told me so!

hands down, the poncho

ive got a weirdo one type from mango that might change up your mind... but certainly i never find the right time to wear it as has some holes to take out your hands... its a weird one hahaha... ok, maybe not the typical poncho...but if its too cold u cant go anywhere and well u cant express much yourself with it hahaha... i got other ponchos but for one reason or other they are kind of new for same reason... i never find the right time to wear them... so yeah u might be right on this after all... hahaha:D

Recently it would be gladiator heels with more than one ankle strap...Make my legs look uber short. Ugh, never again...

Tights under distressed shorts. I say, never again, not with my legs.

definitely platinum streaks. in red hair. oh VON DUTCH! yikes. purged that one. thanks for the reminder H.Chic.

Tee-shirts with 'witty' sayings - I had one that said 'It's always better in the Hamptons'. Yeah, I still don't know what the hell inclined me to buy that tee, but I was 13 and it seemed so 'right' @ the moment. :rolleyes:
Studded Belts - After I purchased the belt (from Hot Topic, no less :lol:), I went 'stud crazy' and studded my converse, tee-shirts, the pocket-edges of every single pair of jeans I owned as well as my bookbag. My mom wasn't too pleased.
Band Tees - Blondie, New Order, Elvis Costello, Leonard Cohen, New York Dolls, The Smiths... I was quite obsessive. I think I will hold onto these forever. It's fun to pull them out every once in a while, even if only for a good laugh.
Patchwork Bell-Bottoms - It was the 90's... I was about 10-11... These jeans meant the world to me. In retrospect, as hideous was they were, I felt great every time I wore them. :heart:

one word: scene.

thank god my scene kid phase lasted only till mid 07

well at least i had fun :rolleyes:

Tee-shirts with 'witty' sayings - I had one that said 'It's always better in the Hamptons'. Yeah, I still don't know what the hell inclined me to buy that tee, but I was 13 and it seemed so 'right' @ the moment. :rolleyes:
Studded Belts - After I purchased the belt (from Hot Topic, no less :lol:), I went 'stud crazy' and studded my converse, tee-shirts, the pocket-edges of every single pair of jeans I owned as well as my bookbag. My mom wasn't too pleased.
Band Tees - Blondie, New Order, Elvis Costello, Leonard Cohen, New York Dolls, The Smiths... I was quite obsessive. I think I will hold onto these forever. It's fun to pull them out every once in a while, even if only for a good laugh.
Patchwork Bell-Bottoms - It was the 90's... I was about 10-11... These jeans meant the world to me. In retrospect, as hideous was they were, I felt great every time I wore them. :heart:

I never have bought t-shirts because of a saying they may have or a design they have, I like my shirts as basic as they can be, however, not cheap. My friends used to wear band tees all the time, especially this band named Alexisonfire, still to this day, about 4 years I haven't heard any of that bands music.

At least you liked good music :lol:

Ultra bright things neon and the like I was into the whole nu rave thing for about 6 months in my jr. year in highschool

Juicy Couture tracksuits. Looking back I'm happy that I only wore a complete set once or twice and usually just went for the hoodie.

In my opinion wearing a velour tracksuit is the equivalent of a snuggie.

Edit: Just remembered those obnoxious T-shirts from middle school that had crazy egotistical/delusional words like *Goddess* and *Princess* on them.

Vomit.

Also blue jeans with pink whiskers... Stopping myself before I embarrass myself more!

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adam90
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->