Trends you regret trying

When Abercrombie started being popular at my school, I went out and bought a $60 sweatshirt. Waste of money. I could've gotten one just as comfy at Target. I was just chasing the brand name. Oh, and embarrassingly recently, I was obsessed with knock-off bags. Ohhhhh goodness, I'm embarrassed about that now.

And last but not least, jelly shoes. They always give me blisters, yet I just kept buying them. Masochist much? :P

I think it safe to say anything I or anyone tried before 13 is forgettable and forgivable and lastly I blame my mum:doh:

yeah i agree, i don't take my pre-13 fashion sense in account haha

recently speaking, i would say doc martens. white ones to be specific. i'm too short and my legs aren't skinny enough for such bulky shoes. i still take them out every once in a while and regret it every single time!!

I had a friend in the 80s that wanted to dye his hair red. a stylest told him because he had dark brown hair he would have to bleach it out and then dye it red. he did and it turned out neon pink. he and girlfriend had to go to store for some brown dye to darken it. but even with a hat on people he knew saw him. his dad got home from work and fell out laughing at him...

Denim skirt and leggings, None of them should ever be worn by me, my legs arent good or long enough and im no longer 15.

^I am 15 and I still don't think I could ever do the denim skirt/leggings thing

I also regret my abercrombie and fitch thing circa 7th grade. It was bad. Same with the uggs. I do wish someone would come out with a really warm boot like that that was actually cute.

I did the whole distressed skirt/polka-dot leggings with lace on the bottom deal. Ah, middle school years.

Must burn those pictures now...

A skirt with a bubble hem.

It was a few years ago, so while I thought I was being a fashion trendsetter, no one had really seen skirts like that yet. I really looked like Little Lord Fauntleroy in his little pantaloons or something! :lol:

I'm just too short to successfully pull off that look. I only wore that skirt once and have since removed the bubble hem!

I never did the denim skirt/leggings trend.. that was way too much for me.

But i did do the "spice girl thick shoes" trend. omg, horrible idea lol.

and the excessively big bell-bottoms, that were WAYYY too big on the bottom. Like, Brady Bunch big!!

and the plastic clippies all over my hair (eek!)

and camo. Oh camo.... ugh.

and the "loose untied sneakers" thing that all the teenagers did, where their shoes fell off when they wallked they were so loose. What was that??!!

and the worst one: the fringed/hippy belts/shirts. Horrible, Horrible.

bleaching my hair. Only part I regret was not doing anything with it for several weeks, so I had a golden nappy afro.

Oh, and who could forget those huge hooped colourful plastic earrings everyone at school was obsessed with.

crop tops and low rise jeans with acrylic nails and bright pink hair :s
...not gonna lie, i still kind of miss the pink hair to this day but it did not look good on me at all.

Fake nails - only once thank god!
Bell Bottoms - awful awful awful, I found pictures the other day *cringe*
Wearing my hair down but with two bits tied up at the sides, like mini ponytails
Cutting my hair like Rachel from Friends

Although I never wore denim jeans with a denim jacket, despite owning both. My one fashion triumph!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Frikandel
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->