Underrated Movies

Heart and Souls (1993) with Robert Dawney-Jr. I think it's such a touching and sweet movie and noone heard of it. I also think that Robert Dawney-Jr. is an underrated actor as well :(

Nacho Libre! I don't care what anyone says, I love that movie!

Only You starring Robert Dawney Jr. and Marisa Tomei, its a guilty pleasure of mine.A romantic comedy done the right way and amazing scenery of Italy.

Lord Of War
I loved it, but i know it got a lot of bad reviews from the critics.

Thirteen is an amazing film but no-one seems to have heard of it.

Thirteen... I feel like I Netflixed that some time ago. Did that have two blondes on the front of the DVD/movie poster? A tongue piercing? Something like that..

Oh I plan to Vegetarian, I read the book and loved it. I didn't know they were doing a film until it came out!

Deborah, Id never heard of it till I saw the film on Sunday, but I got the book from the school library yesterday to read :]

Erin I love that film! Haha...

@ vegetarian: I've seen Thirteen, it's ok but not too special, just a nice movie with a little message in my eyes

my underrated movies (I'm a big fan of them:(
-eternal sunshine of the spotless mind, starring kate winslet and jim carrey, got zero publicity in Europe
-lust caution, chinese movie, really intense
-pan's labyrinth, fantasy spanish movie, beautifully made
-the edukators, german movie against capitilism
-goodbye lenin, also german movie about the change in society after the war

and many other which I can't come up with for the moment

I'm not sure if it received any acclaim :unsure:

but Everything is Illuminated :smile:

Brick is a great film. It's one of my favorites.
It's a semi-known, independent film. (Although, it is quite popular with Joseph Gordon-Levitt fans :smile: ).

Because of the language/dialog, it's one of those films that you may have to watch twice before understanding, and appreciating, it. (Or at least, that was the case for me :rolleyes::D).

Valkyrie - I absolutely LOVE "Goodbye Lenin"! Such a nice movie ^_^

A movie I want to add here is "Love in Thoughts" - probably my fav movie ever! Also german.

The Italian Job remake with Mark Wahlberg- Because I keep quoting it. " Baby, go relax" when I want to be condescending. "You know why you'll never be number one? Because you have no imagination." :smile:

The Hong Kong original of The Departed, Infernal Affairs-- it's funnier, tighter and sweeter than the bloated pomposity of the Hollywood remake. Tony Leung and Eric Tsang outact Leo and Nicholson respectively with subtlety and style.

Lust Caution is amazing, I agree.

Before Sunset

Brick is a great film. It's one of my favorites.
It's a semi-known, independent film. (Although, it is quite popular with Joseph Gordon-Levitt fans :smile: ).

Because of the language/dialog, it's one of those films that you may have to watch twice before understanding, and appreciating, it. (Or at least, that was the case for me :rolleyes::D).

An actual underrated film in here... ^_^ Film noir in modern day high school setting. Really cool movie.

some other names:

-The Changeling
-Little Children
-A Good Woman (one of my favourites)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rakuskoangel
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"