Versace S/S 2012 Milan

This collection should be titled "Relapse". After some stellar seasons where we saw what Versace was all about (and the some) with its fresh take on everything from its heritage its back to where we were 5 years ago. I already forgot how was half of the collection.

Terrible, terrible move. Even with the use of pastels, some very italian and Versace-y motifs like the seahorse, its bland.

This collections seems like twas inspired by that Versace for H&M dress entirely. I want last season's Versace back. :tear:

apart from 2-3 really gorgeous dresses, this is a bland and on a verge of tackiness collection. on the other hand, those shoes define word tackiness in a whole new way. hideous!

Holy Studs And Perspex Batman.

What happened this season? After a stellar Spring 2011 / Fall 2011 collection, what went wrong? Pastels, whites, studs and sea life? Absolute kitsch. Whats more, there is absolute zero variation from the one idea. Its so one-dimensional, I'm surprised the people in the audience didnt fall asleep, let alone our our members.

I'm so disappointed with this. I detest it when she goes back to that whole Las Vegas showgirl / Miami socialite / stripper look. She seems to do this every couple of seasons or so and its so futile. It doesnt move the brand forward and with a brand like Versace that has such a strong history and archive, these kind of stagnant collections are really nonsensical. Hasn't she learnt that when she "does her own thing" and uses the archives with a more modern thoughtfulness, the Versace collections truly succeed?

Ergh. Hopefully Fall 2012 will inspire some more excitement and enthusiasm.

Totally agree with you here as well. Last season was fantastic and now as everyone else is having their Gianni moment, this would be the season to come back and really show everyone the strengths of the house, to show them how to do Versace TODAY. But instead they only showed how little is left of Gianni's vision and how limited Donatella is as a designer. Not awful but certainly not good.

I actually like the shoes but somehow the collection reminds of Balmain. Weird!

Last edited by a moderator:
Is a nice collection, but it remains just that. It's something that has already been seen many times, nothing new, it is no memorable ... I was disappointed... :doh:

For me it´s feminine, it´s sexy, it´s rich, it´s Glamour.
That´s what Versace is famous for.

Accessories! (style.com)

00030m.jpg
00210m.jpg

00150m.jpg
00650m.jpg

00610m.jpg
00710m.jpg

The latest Versace collection it’s an agony, another failed attempt to try to bring back the old days and I don’t think that this desperate way (sea horses, shells and soft colors) is the solution, even if you try to make them edgier by mixing it with metal studs, sheer fabrics or leather. The collection it’s not special at all, even though a few pieces were “pretty”, most of them including the evening dresses were very poor, specially the final one that Sigrid Agren wore pretending to be “Ariel, The Little Mermaid”… completely tasteless.

Lighting was odd on the models and on the clothes but despite that the location and runway were amazing.

When it comes to the casting I know I’ve said it before but this is the WORST one ever in the entire history of Versace, from that horrible girl that opened the show (Gianni must be twisting himself on the grave) to those flavorless models that do not perform well the part of the spirit of independent woman, confidant and attractive that is (or was) Versace. Nonetheless; Karmen, Zuzanna Bijoch and Kasia were gorgeous.

If those shoes weren't perspex I'd buy in a heartbeat. They still look amazing, but perspex/lucite/whatever cheapens them, and there's the obvious 'stripper shoe' comparison which will never go away.

OK I have eventually come to the realisation that I have idea which direction this brand is heading to. I'm also thinking neither has Donatella.
This collection sees her archiving the early 90's Gianni staples of studs on leather and the shell/starfish era. Both looks worked well for then, but right now it fails miserably. The last dress is a joke, but thank heavens that a few that came just before it, were decent, as the red carpet gowns are Versace's 'bread and butter'.
It was also extremely repetitive and although there were only 45 looks (with one repeated:blink:), watching the show it felt like there were 145 looks.
The shoes would have been really impressive if they didn't have huge platforms and heels and this show reverted back to S/S 2010.
I thought Dontella was taking the brand it a totally new direction after I witnessed the masterpiece that was S/S 2009, but after that came uninspired and poorly thought through attempts and then this.
On the plus side I really enjoyed watching the show, the venue was great and the music and I liked the runway layout...apart from a couple of girls almost running into each other. The hair was great and some of the looks that worked best were the more simple, plain, short dresses without the pastel prints.
Also in this show I felt the return of the 'Versace Woman', which has been missing lately, but opening the show with a model who looks like a child dressing up in her mothers clothes was a huge failure.

Beh, have never been a fan of this brand, so no surprise that there is little for me to love here. The pencil skirts work quite well, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Giuliagiachetti
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->