Versace F/W 12.13 Milan

i actually like this apart from the cross print which is somewhat distracting and will bring unnecessary controversy and some of the bizarre wool coats

Stunning collection! :blush: (except the Versace letters print dresses)

Ronney Mara hairstyle inspiration, LOVE! :blush:

I love quite a lot of the collection but not all of it. Some of the pieces with 'Versace' written on them and the large crosses aren't quite to my taste but the curved neckline and the triangle motif are stunning. The Gothic element overall is extremely well done and is so Gianni. The gowns were probably a highlight - absolutely beautiful. Not very keen on the hair, though!

Last edited by a moderator:
I find this to be very forgettable. I'll forget about the existence of this collection in less than a month.

I see I'm not the only one whose first thought was "tacky". That's all I can think.

I'm still waiting for a Milan collection to wow me.

I really like some of the pieces especially the evening dresses and the cross dress I'm kind of obsessed with it:ninja:. I'm not loving the hair though at all.

I have to agree that it's incredibly tacky. I love how everyone thought of the same word right away, LOL. And it's not even glamourous sexy tacky like some of the past collections.

A lot of it is tacky and overkill. It's too bad the collection didn't work further on the medieval references (as Spike pointed out, to Joan of Arc for one) evident in the set and near the end, in those shiny fierce looking (chain-mail to use Tentacl's words) dresses and gowns. All sorts of ideas related to fire and battle could've been worked in, instead of the overused cross. Why not more red, black and white instead of that yellow? There was a lot of potential in the ideas here, but the execution is a letdown, imho.

Mostly amazing, with a little bit of awful too. I felt it got progressively worse. The finale dresses and those tacky metallic cropped dresses were yugh. Apart from that I thought it was pretty fantastic to be honest. And I love those cross-dresses, though I care little for the actual religious iconography. The collection felt very relevant and I loved the Lisbeth-inspired hair. There were incredible themes (medieval, for example) that needed to be further developed and explored.

This was absolutely tacky. I only liked the cross pieces. She definitely should've sticked to the midieval part and not gone all over the place. It went to bad, to gorgeous, to bad, to worse. I'm sick of her finale dresses. The fact people think she's actually a good designer baffles me.

Here's my agenda for if I take over for Versace:

-Change the name back to Gianni Versace

-Brainwash everyone into forgetting Donnatella actually existed

-Go all spanish inquisition and get everyone to say they never saw this awful collection.

Definitely not as good as last Fall's.:sick::sick::sick::sick:

the models look so haggard and rough my lord i can hardly focus on the clothing! i see some good in there but alot of tacky. and i think the yellow pieces were completely off the wall and unneccessary.

Wow! this collection looks so much better in HQ

vogue.co.uk

Well it's certainly not everyone's cup of tea, but this is perfect for the Versace customer. It's nothing short of the as$ kicking, hair ripping Versace b*tch, including that hair. All of the pieces here belong to the Versace spectrum. The only pieces I found really gross were those dresses with the Versace text on them.

I never thought I would say this about Versace - I LOVE this!! Everything. Even the tacky parts are done in that perfect way only Versace can do.

Love the upbeat femme fatale 60s vibe this had.. And the finale dresses, I hope someone will wear one of them on sunday

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nocknock
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->