What Did You Resist Buying?

lol, koko, you're one of those stationery people! I always go crazy trying all the sample pencils, and then walk out with nothing.. and later find myself wishing I had a paper shredder. :lol:

I really struggle to resist kitchen stuff (cutting boards, utensils, towels hooks), but rarely succeed.

Last item I was like 'yes, no, yes yes OKAY NO!' was this Pas de Calais navy jacket/coat thing with this dreamy texture some weeks ago. It was all happiness and I was so down for it and kind of in the final stages of mental negotiation when the store manager came to me and tried to make extra sales and it turned me off, I put it back in the hanger and figured I could get it later at la garçonne (most likely won't).

Last edited by a moderator:
^hehe yeah, I also try the pencils and pens... KOKO might be written in a lot of stores :blush:
I wish I could draw so I´d have an excuse to have those huge colored pencils cases... or that I´d keep a journal or write so that I can get yet another moleskine without guilt that I´m hoarding notebooks...

I have it easier with clothes/shoes cause I´m running out of closet space, I made a deal with my boyfriend that for every new item I buy, I have to donate an old item. I´m done gifting clothes I don´t wear anymore so I can´t get nothing new... at least until I´m ready to give them away.

Haha, I sometimes draw in those and get so into it :ninja:.. my problem is that I never draw with colors and these stores are sad reminder that I don't know how to even integrate them.. I'm always thinking ah, look at that pink gel ink pen, wouldn't it be nice to make an entire page of all pink glossy lines!, and grab the pink and somehow it doesn't look the way it's in my mind, not even close. So yeah I always leave a little.. :mellow:

Resisted the iPad Pro and the Apple Pencil.

Should have just gone for it, softgrey.

Boots are one of my high fashion weaknesses but I’m so obsessively specific and need it to be the right design, leather, feel, fit, silhouette, heel, never-trendy-but-not-typically-classic, etc… So when the stars align and offer all the right designs before you— and you have the means, you should obey and just buy.

no- 10 pairs at a time is gluttony and that is disgusting...
i never want to be that person!
:hardhead:...

i have that stationary habit as well...
and i have the giant box of colored pencils...
but i have an excuse, i went to design school...
i needed them...
:lol:...

it's not the pens so much that get me, but the actual paper...
i have a thing for paper...it's a tactile thing as well as a visual thing...
i have to keep out of those places...
art stores as well...
:ninja:...

a Dolce & Gabbana silk pajama shirt. i love it, but i decided to buy a couple Hermes scarves instead....

no- 10 pairs at a time is gluttony and that is disgusting...
i never want to be that person!

Oh gosh— I never did consider it may be vulgar to spend $10,000 on a single spree… When I lived in Hong Kong and Tokyo in the early-2000s, people would be spending in that amount at designer shops during one spree. And this is before the age of SM, so they weren’t doing it for online bragging rights like the kids now are.

Would it be less vulgar to buy 3 pairs and then go back a week later and buy another 3 pairs, and so on… LOL The perfect pair of boots are hard to come by for me (and even then, I usually end up spending another $250 to have the sole/heel completely replaced to my specifications), and I loathe wasting my time looking from shop to shop when there are more important things to spend time on. So, if the perfect boots show up— all 10 pairs at once even, and you have the means (I don’t), why not? It’s like if I had sex with 10 guys together in one night, somehow I’m an irredeemable sl*t— but, if I spread them out a week at a time, then it’s OK— still had sex with 10 guys LOL Yes, I know— gluttony and all that.

Keeping on topic, I’m really really really tempted to buy the useless Apple Watch w/Hermes band (reminds me of the first Prada watch). I suppose it’s a good thing the Double Tour isn’t available in 42mm, otherwise I would have snatched it up.

gluttony and greed do not equate with vulgarity to me...
my problem is that they are just too similar...
only slight variations...
it's like buying 10 of the same boots...
which is wholly unnecessary --- unless you are an octopus?!...
:alien:

and then there are wads more things that i like as well...
so the sheer quantity becomes absurd...
that is when i just stop shopping in order to get some perspective and make more rational/less emotional choices...

what you do with your men is entirely your own business...
:innocent:...

:rofl:...

here's another pair i didn't buy...
i don't know...
i may weaken eventually...
i've wanted gummy wedges for ages now...
afraid they will look disgusting after a few weeks on the streets of nyc though...
:ermm:...

ooops...lost the pic...
anyway...
gummy wedge boots...
didn't buy them...yet...
:D

Oh gosh— I never did consider it may be vulgar to spend $10,000 on a single spree… When I lived in Hong Kong and Tokyo in the early-2000s, people would be spending in that amount at designer shops during one spree. And this is before the age of SM, so they weren’t doing it for online bragging rights like the kids now are.

Would it be less vulgar to buy 3 pairs and then go back a week later and buy another 3 pairs, and so on… LOL The perfect pair of boots are hard to come by for me (and even then, I usually end up spending another $250 to have the sole/heel completely replaced to my specifications), and I loathe wasting my time looking from shop to shop when there are more important things to spend time on. So, if the perfect boots show up— all 10 pairs at once even, and you have the means (I don’t), why not? It’s like if I had sex with 10 guys together in one night, somehow I’m an irredeemable sl*t— but, if I spread them out a week at a time, then it’s OK— still had sex with 10 guys LOL Yes, I know— gluttony and all that.

Keeping on topic, I’m really really really tempted to buy the useless Apple Watch w/Hermes band (reminds me of the first Prada watch). I suppose it’s a good thing the Double Tour isn’t available in 42mm, otherwise I would have snatched it up.

i just had a thought-
it's not like having sex with 10 guys, it's like marrying 10 guys...
cause the boots don't go away after you buy them...
they come home with you and stay for years...
a bit much, don't you think?!
:wink:...

I haven't been able to resist buying anything which I liked the look of lately. As I'm on benefits, this may just pose a problem.

Chloe Susanna boots and Chloe Faye bag. I could resist despite all fashionistas blog and put on instagram their new it bag or chloe boots in every shade. They are very expensive for me :blink::angry::cry::cry::cry:

Chloe Susanna boots and Chloe Faye bag. I could resist despite all fashionistas blog and put on instagram their new it bag or chloe boots in every shade. They are very expensive for me :blink::angry::cry::cry::cry:

For me, typical trend-setters flashing something around excessively would put me off that thing. I don't like to look like "just another 'fashion' girl".

Today (well, yesterday now), I resisted buying valerian vape juice.

BML4liE.png

(epuffer)

I badly need an extra sleep aid, though!

i just had a thought-
it's not like having sex with 10 guys, it's like marrying 10 guys...
cause the boots don't go away after you buy them...
they come home with you and stay for years...
a bit much, don't you think?!
:wink:...

LOL

So softgrey, I imagine at least one of the floors of your house/duplex apartment is converted to an entire closet… Did you make that dream of curating your wardrobe into a shop a reality yet? Yohjis and Commes from the 80s to now — oh my...

Sale season is starting… so much temptation. Leather jeans…cashmeres… Must resist until after the Holidays when everyone’s gifts are accounted for.

(If those boots are all 50% off— then it would be like only buying 5 pairs…)

a costume national cardigan sweater vest.... I've spent too much already, and I wouldn't use it that often.... and for a brief moment it made me think of a gothic stuart smalley....

For me, typical trend-setters flashing something around excessively would put me off that thing. I don't like to look like "just another 'fashion' girl".
Preach :clap:

the John Varvatos website was having a 70% off of everything from last fall/winter sale.... I was able to resist long enough that nothing interesting is available anymore....

*phew*

a really nice pair of sunglasses...
from anne et valentin...
:cool:

and a bunch of hair accessories---but that's only temporary...
:innocent:...

A 2-button dark navy denim coat from Muji. Longer, close to knee-length. Just the right length, and perfect for the spring and fall. The medium, small, and extra small all looked and felt the same to me. Explain that one. I also said No to a navy polka-dot button-up at Uniqlo, but at a mere $20, I'll definitely revisit this idea this week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->