What Did You Resist Buying?

A black sweater/vest thing from American Rag. It was only $60 so I have no idea why I didn't buy it. I seriously have dreams about wearing it with different outfits sometimes.

I've resisted buying a lot of things, mostly because I either found a better alternative or realized after going back for second fittings that it doesn't work on me. Some items include:

Black v-neck shetland wool sweater with beading on shoulder - Dior Homme
White button down shirt with felt material collar and cuff - Undercover (in one shirt i saw at Joyce some nasty lint attached to the felt easily)
White button down shirt with one side of collar folded - Kris van Assche (the worst part is you can't undo it since it's sewn in, looks very forced)
2 button blazer - Balenciaga (the shoulders were too big for me, some how it just didn't look right on me with the lapels' shape and all)
Black 'beatle' boots - Dior Homme (the leather was so hard it was uncomfortable just walking around the store for a minute)

and that's just from this season...

Nader said:
i resisted buying the only 45rpm jeans i've ever seen on ebay (are there more? am i looking in the wrong place?) and they were so simple and perfect, except for the inseam, which could have easily been tailored 4 inches shorter.

i wish i bought it though

how much were they?

45 RPM jeans are great...however I don't like the newer issue of the sorahiko as much, the distressing is too minor for the price disparity between the distressed version and the regular indigo, and i don't like the newer fit which is baggier than the old model. I'm glad I managed to scoop up the last pair of the old, black sorahiko model which has pronounced yet tasteful distressing and a much slimmer fit.

the gold dior homme beetle boots, they didnt fit me but i was sooooo close to buying them anyway

I resisted buying this great shirt today at Fred Segal today...it was forest green bubble shirt with a slight banded bottom, but I decided against it for some reason.

I still kind of want it. Hm.

A beautiful green lizard ferragamo bag with dark brown wood accents. $3,000+.... I just can't go there! :cry:

CCP horse leather shoes, they were half price at $1500 :o
and a Hussein Chalayan waistcoat, but I might go back and get it.

I resisted buying this beautiful paul smith trenchcoat, i was really in love with it, am still reminded about it because i drive by that shop everyday when i go to school.
Now its on sale, but still not anywere near my budget unfortunately.

Hermes collier de chien bracelet.... $860.....ugh

The classic Margiela leather jacket in navy suede. Argh, some other day.

a cute chloe dress that ive been obsessing about after i saw mischa barton wearing ( at the bruce weber event) it was 2100 euros..i didnt buy it..but still tempted..

Latest thing I think is this one celine bag, theres a thread on it in the handbags thread.

I've had to resist lots though... There are so many nice things this season, and so few I could get :doh:

i resisted buying these monogram gucci aviators opting to get a Dolce and gabbana pair instead. Now i wish i got both.

chanel reissue 226 at bergdorf's

-love the bag but would not wear it much now...

(realized it is a ridiculous notion to buy stuff for my future self when i have no idea what my future self is going to be up to...prolly no good^_^ )

Silver earings with a pearl and '5' on each one, and bracelet with pink charms from the Melbourne Chanel boutique :heart:. However, as i'd just purchased a black caviar classic 2.55 flap bag, i thought i should exercise some restraint! :innocent:

The item which I resisted from buying was the Louis Vuitton agenda. The reason I didn't buy it, was due to the fact I wasn't sure if I would get much use out of it. So I wasn't going to spend 300 CND + for something I would barely use. Maybe I'll get it once I start University.

OKwell i bought the dress and it was also 400 euros more than i thought...but hey..I could NOT resist!

A Marc Jacobs tweed jacket. It looked like something a tramp might wear on the streets. I have had a love/hate relationship with it the whole season somedays I've tried it on and it looks fab other days total plop. However, it's cosy almost padded dot metallic white and black tweed cosiness almost drew me in but the price 2900 USD repelled me. Even at 70% off in the sales I knew I should resist as it would have only worked as a dosing around coat plus the lining was almost horrific shiny lame!!

Here's a pic from style.com

00110m.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Len84
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->