What is Your Favorite Restaurant in Your City?

a few steps down from Café Nervosa in yorkville that sweethoneypie mentioned...theres a japanese place called sushi inn...very inexpensive japanese food...its becoming my new fav lunch place! :D

I've seen it, but I didn't know it was inexpensive! Yay, can't wait to try it! Thanks babycakes!

by the way Blue Ribbon Sushi in New York, was mentioned in Bazaar as one of Drew Barrymore's, along with the other Angel's favorite place for sushi!! :lol:

Oh, all Blue Ribbon restaurants are awesome! Blue Ribbon Bakery in the Village is nice too. once we spotted half of the SNL cast there, another time we saw Jack Black (Shallow Hal, Serendipity)...

OK, lots of favorite spots in NYC:
Industry - so romantic & cozy, awesome food, grate light, friendly service

SEA in williamsburg - good Thai, gentle prices, roomy, interesting decor

Yama - on of the best sushi places

Jules - French bistro, they have live jaaz & good wine

Sushi samba - also good sushi/ceviche, delish coctails, pretty & colorful inside

Tatiana - Russian supper club on a boardwalk

Balthaazar - love everyhing about it except that it's too loud

too many places to mention... :flower:

My boyfriend and I really like Lamblong in London. :heart:
They've got the best food.

J. Alexanders of Boca Raton, and Sushi Ray. Love there food

Dallas:
Thai Taste - Great food, beautiful view of the city skyline, and most YUMMY thai tea.
Sumo Sushi - Best shrimp tempura in the city and has a sushi bar that's pretty good too.
Jinbeh - Hibachi grill that I've heard is really good, but I usually go for the sushi rolls :smile:

In Los Angeles I lvoe to go to Angelie! It is oen of teh best most original FRESH rustic Itallian resturants in the city :heart:

I LOVE fine dining! I just had dinner at Michaels in Santa Monica yesterday for the first time... Divine.

Another fave recent place is AOC on 3rd... Wonderful little bites.

Closer to home I am always up for wine and french at Frenchy's Bistro in Long Beach. Martinis and Ahi at Michi in Manhattan Beach and Saporo and Sushi at Oshos also in MB.

For desserts, the pies at the Filling Station (OC) and Al Gelato (Robertson) are heaven!

I also have a pretty simple taste SO and we love to go to classic dives too... so often times it Pastrami at the Hat or a Hollenbeck Burrito from El Tapayac... LOL! I could almost finish one of those burritos all by myself... something the SO finds very sexy... LOL!

--Dommy!

We have this little Thai place down the road run by a Thai family that live behind us. It's called Chet's Inn. It's very "no frills" but the food is delicious.

I just went to the most divine place in nyc...

Sushi of Gari's
402 E 78th St between 1st ave & york
New York, NY 10021-1676
Phone: (212) 517-5340

We tried their Chef Choice.... It was literally sushi heaven! Sooooooo amazing!!!!!

I live in a city called Utrecht, in the Netherlands. My favorite restaurant there is Mammoni (or something like that :ninja: , it means 'mama's boy' in Italian), a WONDERFUL Italian place. But I don't go out to dinner that much, me being the poor student that I am, when I eat in a restaurant it's usually lunch :smile:
Another favorite is Milky's, a vegetarian restaurant, and a Dutch Pancake restaurant because its location is so wonderful. In Utrecht, there's a river running through the city. The waterlevel used to be higher and now you can sit by it... it's really difficult to explain, so here's a pic:

i am a gourmet therefore food is vital

TOMO sushi dowtown NY is a must :heart: (craving it right now)

ZUMA is much better than NOBU in london

if you gotta have chinese food in london then go to memories of CHINA (by KEN LO) :heart:

My fave restaurant, Neyla, is closed now. Lebanese/Mediterranean food. Now I go to Habib's (Persian).

I have to add... when I went to Paris... Barrio Latino had the most amazing tuna entree I had ever had... my friend and I had to order a second plate... now that is goooooooood!!! latin american cuisine... in this old fabric store with amazing stairways... everytime you want to go down to use the restrooms you brush against the dancers and revellers and feel so regal going up and down the stairs... I think they are a sister bar/restaurant to the buddha bar... but this place rocked

and great dancing after dinner...

46-48, rue du Faubourg St-Antoine (Bastille)
Paris 015 5788475

12eme arrondissement

A nice place in a suburb called Subiaco - the rest. is called Bravo's :heart:

If you're in New York, eat your dinner at Le Bernardin.
And don't forget their chocolate for dessert. Yummy.. :blush:

Originally posted by Melodie@Jul 18th, 2003 - 6:43 am
If you're in New York, eat your dinner at Le Bernardin.
And don't forget their chocolate for dessert. Yummy.. :blush:
Ditto. :wink:

It's not fancy schmancy dining, but I love Palomino's in the UTC area of La Jolla. It's kinda fun, and I have had some great memories there, which makes it one of my favorite places!

dont know about rotterdam.. just go to McD's here..
but in Estonia ..in Tallinn.. --> Moskva

ohh.love... :crush: it's a bar/club/restaurant.. with the best interior and the best food and parties and so on... sigh.. wish i could be there right now

My favorite is The Blue Koi in the Westport district of Kansas City, MO. You can get BUBBLE TEA here!

In the same district, a bubble-tea shop and juice bar recently opened, and I think when the weather gets a little warmer, I will bike down there and check it out.

A good friend, who is much posher than me, adores40 Sardines in Overland Park, KS. I've never been there yet, but Cynthia swears by it. She's a very knowledgeable foodie, so I will take her word for it, and pass the word along.

In my neighborhood, there are a lot of Vietnamese and Mexican restairants. Huaracheria Lopez is excellent, Taqueria Mexicana is great, my husband likes Super Pollo, but mainly because it has an amusing name and a large advertising sign of a rooster in a Superman costume. For Vietnamese, Pho 97 is MARVY and Nguyen's Lunchbox is a good bargain for--wait for it--lunches!

Down by where I work, I sometimes go to Lulu's Noodles or Max's Noodles for a treat, though normally I bring my own lunch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->