What To Wear On An Airplane

From my recent trip I took with my family I would say something comfortable and light with a jacket and shoes you can easily take off since the security in the airports are hectic. I made the wrong choice my wearing a sweater in the Houston airport while coming back from my trip, even in the airport I was feeling drained! I guess that's what happens when I come back from a country that is in winter. :lol:

Going to NYC soon, only a 1.5 hour flight. Regardless of the weather, I'm wearing my trusty AA hoody (I always freeze on airplanes!), dark jeans (slightly loose), and sneakers.

since when it is important what to wear on an airplane?
tshirt pants sneakers and a hoodie are just fine for me, and sunglasses haha

^ lol i agree. i don't get it when people wear high heels and are all dressed up on a plane. i look like i just rolled out of bed when im flying

last time i was on a plane i wore:
- dark grey skinny jeans
- white vans era shoes
- a slim but long lightweight black top
- black cardigan
- black 1960s sunglasses

Travelling During The Holidays - What Would You Wear?

I'm flying to Europe for Christmas. Not sure what to wear on the plane flight. I want something comfy, yet fashionable... Any ideas? What would YOU wear?

On top, wraps rule for me. I usually wear either a cotton blend tank or t-shirt with a wrap over top. This way, when it's too hot I leave it draping open and sleeves shoved up. When it gets colder, I wrap the front ends around myself and pull the sleeves down enough to cover my entire hand. On bottom, I usually wear black leggings or black yoga pants. On my feet, I wear either soft leather flats or ugg boots (the latter ugly but very comfortable). I say the rule of thumb is to KEEP IT SIMPLE. :smile:

My new airplane comfort philosophy is to wear a simple dress (with tights, if going somewhere cold) and boots, and carry my huge scarf with me so I can throw it on as a blanket.

the story of my life.
long or short haul its usually the same unless i am coming straight from an appointment.

*free city sweatpants (so i can sit like i want on the plane)
*jersey cotton tee (so it is not itchy)
*warm hoodie (so my head wont touch any parts of the plane :innocent:)
*cashmere scarf (so i can wrap it around my neck to prevent gross plane air)

... *extra pair of comfy socks

merge of style and comfort for me!!

typically:

RO or Balenciaga leather jacket
comfortable skinny jeans
loose t-shirt or plaid button-down
converse all-stars

What do I wear if I'm crossing over from a hot country (Oz) to a cooolldd one (US)? In-between clothing? I've got no idea! What's comfy (the most important factor) and decent looking? I don't wait to boil alive in the plane but I certainly don't want to freeze my [imaginary] balls off at the airport either!

I hate to say it but UGGs (for the extremely cold plane rides) and sweatpants and tees are the best way to go.
The last time I went on a plane I wore a short-sleeved dress and Christian Louboutin wedges, my feet were blue and my arms were freezing.

On long haul and cross country overnight flights I generally wear black leggings, white tank-top (for underwarmth) and a zip-up hoodie. On my feet I wear flat ballet uggs, and take socks for the rest of the flight.

On cross-country day flights I wear capris made for hiking/outdoor activities and a tanktop with trainers (I still LOVE my Nike Air Rifts...they are so comfy and SO light)

Flights less than 4 hours call for jeans, tank-top (do you see a pattern, here) and a hoodie.

On flights (no matter the length of it) I always wear my comfy black skinny jeans that I've had for years, a long t-shirt or tank anything that won't ride up and make me uncomfortable, a hooded sweater and my black leather slouchy slip on boots (they're so soft that they feel like slippers)

Thanks for the tips guys! I will prob. end up wearing leggings with boots for warmth (when I get off the plane) and uhh maybe a long white tee (always got to cover your butt if you're wearing leggings!)...and bring along a semi-thick jacket?Nah maybe I'll wear flats! I don't normally wear flats with leggings (it's boots for me) but thinking about the comfort, I might have to...A bit offtopic, what how does everyone maintain their skin on a long flight? I just bought some cotton face wipes that cleanses the skin.

these are very helpful to read. thanks, everyone.

the thread is building up my anticipation of going home. :smile:

Just flew home I wore black sweater red skirt black tights black kate spade flats cream trench black and white DVF bag. it was uber comfy and stylish as well I never wear jeans on the plane they get uncomfortable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
loquillinben
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->