What To Wear On An Airplane

im flying out this sunday, its long, 6.5hours+5hours stopover+8hours. still figuring what to wear. will try dress+tights for the first time. hopefully i will come up with some pics in the coming days
Yes.. show us pics!!

So I actually haven´t had too much experience with flying, but my boyfriend has a 3-leg, something like 17-hour trip to come visit me next week, so I could care less what he´s wearing when I´m going to be seeing him for the first time in over 3 and a half months! He gets in at 3:59 a.m. and has to go through immigration without speaking the language, poor thing.

Unfortunately on my end, I have to figure out how I´m going to get to the airport. There are no trains or buses at that hour and cabs are super expensive. I might have to arrive many hours early, which I don´t want to do, but I guess I could do homework there in the meantime. But could you imagine the anticipation of waiting there for 4 hours?

Lately, when I´ve been traveling, including 14-hr and 10-hr overnight trips on a bus, I´ve been wearing some fairly tight jeans. It never occured to me that this may not be the best idea. I just never think to wear sweatpants. I only own one pair anyway and I bought them because a new store was opening at the mall so everything was 50% off.

The worst was when I made my 3-leg 16.5 hour flight in the snowy dead of winter to somewhere that was in the 90´s. I wore jeans, a blouse, a cardigan over that, and a sweatshirt over that. I should have brought a scarf just in case like I do now though. I must invest in stylish, yet functionably warm sweatshirts. You can´t deny I look frumpy.

As far as makeup I either go au naturel or only eye makeup. It sucks I can´t bring my skin repairing lotion on a plane in the U.S. But here I can, yay.

something comfy but still good looking , u never know whos sitting next to you :lol:

Forgetful me forgot I was on a plane last week. And oh yea, with my amazing luck I got put next to the screaming baby for a flight that left a 9 p.m.

Aww, I would love that! Then I could play with the baby and distract myself from the actual flight :lol: :doh:

That would be my worst nightmare... sitting next to a screaming child... When I ever become a mum im not sure i'd take a child on a flight unless I was emegrating or something till they where at least 3 or 4 and you could tell them all about poping ears! That must be the weirdest most horrid thing for a child!

I like using flight ear plugs... since been using them never had any issues with the pressure dif and my ears... would so recomend them to anyone who has problems... just means when you can get on with your holiday when you arrive... before I used them had about a day of discomfort after a flight!

WSG

Aww, I would love that! Then I could play with the baby and distract myself from the actual flight :lol: :doh:

Well I was trying to be cute with her and smile, but the mother was kinda cold/aloof. I think it was because it was obvious I was a foreigner since I spoke in English a few times when someone addressed me and the lady in front of me kept asking me about the U.S. Although the baby was very enamored by my stuffed seal. But I didn't get home til after midnight and I had such an early day the next morning. :shock:

Yes.. show us pics!!

hihi, here you go :blush::flower:
what i'm going to wear on the plane this sunday:
a mid-length cotton dress with light prints (easy for the eyes, but still pretty :flower:)
tights
ballet flats (easy to take off, i always do that after the plane takes off)
soft cashmere cardi (comfy and warm^_^)

Attachments

• 3527732105_7c05c575fb.jpg
    3527732105_7c05c575fb.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 6
  • 3527709913_cbffa90d8e.jpg
    3527709913_cbffa90d8e.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 5
  • 3527754317_52c7f656d5.jpg
    3527754317_52c7f656d5.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 5
a military parka (tough but still has some shape, plus multiple pockets)
a big pashmina to curl into, and my own pillow :P
my big carry-on. it's really handy cause there's a small part especially for holding passport and other documents.
okay, i'm all set for now ^_^

Attachments

• 3528572548_7d25a5d73b.jpg
    3528572548_7d25a5d73b.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 4
  • 3528576914_98930802d4.jpg
    3528576914_98930802d4.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 3
  • 3527773129_817f363776.jpg
    3527773129_817f363776.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 1
adore your outfit... although im not sure the military parka goes... id more go for a mac... but def love the cashmere going on!

adore your outfit... although im not sure the military parka goes... id more go for a mac... but def love the cashmere going on!

well, i don own one yet...and i like a bit tougher looking coat when i travel, will reserve a more sleek-looking blazer in the luggage to wear in the city after i arrive ^_^

Hey was not dissing your look it's amazing... just personally would not have gone for the coat... maybe even just a thicker cashmere cardi... maybe a chunkier one?

Please dont think I was trying to be insulting!?!

WSG

Hey was not dissing your look it's amazing... just personally would not have gone for the coat... maybe even just a thicker cashmere cardi... maybe a chunkier one?

Please dont think I was trying to be insulting!?!

WSG

oh, no worry, i didn't take it that way at all ^_^

On my most recent long-ish flight (around 8 hours) I made the mistake of wearing ankle boots instead of my normal ballet flats. I knew it was a mistake before I even got onto the plane...I had to remove my boots four times going through security :angry:...then, during the flight, my feet decided to swell...not a lot, just enough to be agonizing.

I'll be sticking to ballet flats from now on...

greengrassia; said:
hihi, here you go :blush::flower:
what i'm going to wear on the plane this sunday:
a mid-length cotton dress with light prints (easy for the eyes, but still pretty :flower:)
tights
ballet flats (easy to take off, i always do that after the plane takes off)
soft cashmere cardi (comfy and warm^_^)

GORGEOUS!!!! Thanks for sharing! If you were on my plane I'd be thinking that girl is super stylish :flower:

I am allways wearing:

leggings
a-line shirt dress
flats
cardigan or hoodie to keep me warm
also i carry knitted socks along because i am getting cold every single time

dresses/tunics and leggings are the best and most comfortable thing to wear at airplane.

personally i do not understand people who wears skinny jeans or high heels at airplane. they are so uncomfortable.

misstiz: oh thank you! i hope i will look okay after i get out of the plane, especially the hair. normally it's a mess after long flight. i'm thinking i will just wear a chic headband to keep my hair in place.

well, i don own one yet...and i like a bit tougher looking coat when i travel, will reserve a more sleek-looking blazer in the luggage to wear in the city after i arrive ^_^

I can completely see the allure of all the pockets that close ... I had never thought of that. I was just reading American Junk, and the author (who used to work for Ralph Lauren) collects fishing vests that she wears when shopping so she doesn't have to carry a bag and her hands are completely free. I don't know that I can pull that off, but I will be keeping an eye out for things with pockets ...

i've started packing and i've just worked out that the only reason i'm taking my long grey cardigan is for flying:doh:

i think i'll have to leave it behind and wear my regular length cotton grey cardie instead and bring my grey hoodie on board for when i get cold... it'll still go with my white oversized T and black leggings.

now i have to work out whether to still wear ballet flats, or my black havianas... damn, i thought i had it all worked out :angry:

^ I would wear the ballet flats ... they'll give you a bit more support, protect your feet more, and your feet won't be so exposed & possibly get cold during the flight ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->