What To Wear On An Airplane

I like to wear something comfortable when I fly. But also something stylish in case the plane crashes.. i don't want to die wearing something sloppy.

I always go with loose fitted dresses or silky, flimsy shorts/pants.

I may be in the minority here, but I always wear jeans on a plane. But then again, I've never been a sweatpants/yoga pants person, so to me they're very comfortable. I wear my thinnest and stretchiest pair so they're not too constricting. I always wear lots of layers because I find the temperate tends to shift a lot.

The one airplane item I can't live without is my cotton circle scarf from American Apparel. I can wear it as a scarf but it doubles as an extra blanket if I get really cold-I never fly without it.

I like to wear something comfortable when I fly. But also something stylish in case the plane crashes.. i don't want to die wearing something sloppy.

I always go with loose fitted dresses or silky, flimsy shorts/pants.

I have to say that not once have I thought about what I planned to wear in terms of the possibility of dying in it. Perhaps because I believe that if I do, nothing will matter less than what I'm wearing :wink:

I work as an air hostess...I have no choice in what I would like to wear should I die. Sucks to be me!

I would advise wearing light layers. And a scarf doubles up as a real nice pillow.

I've been flying a lot this fall and lately I just wear a pair of my black jeans, chelsea boots, a basic sweater or loose fitting t-shirt, and sunglasses. Despite it being fall/winter, it's still sunny out!

Yesterday I just did a flight for 10 hours straight from the US to Europe.
I totally forgot to pack some socks and would have loved to wear some Uggs.

Anyway, I wore white J Brand high waist jeans, black Tory Burch ballerinas and a blue/green plaid shirt with a boyfriend cut. As they always turn on the air conditioning, I luckily brought a cozy grey scarf and a jacket.
The only thing that I would change next time was bringing Uggs for the plane ride.

I will be on a flight to NYC from the UK in September of this year and was considering my black denim overalls & trainers as they're super comfy, also LOL at the fact I am planning what to wear on this flight 7 months in advance!

I go for jogger jeans-so in right now, and there are tons to choose from out there. A basic tee and always a sweater and/or scarf in my bag. I always freezing on planes. A hat is a good accessory that will hide that travel hair & add instant chic when you arrive to your new destination. One last tip-socks! Bring them in your bag & slip them on when you get settled in your seat. They'll change your life.

I will be on a flight to NYC from the UK in September of this year and was considering my black denim overalls & trainers as they're super comfy, also LOL at the fact I am planning what to wear on this flight 7 months in advance!

I plan months in advance too. You are not alone on that. :wub:

It all depends if there's a different climate from where you depart and where you arrive. But I like to wear loose dresses, so that the seatbelt and pressure doesn't crush my stomach. Also some really easy-to-take-off shoes. Everything else like warm socks and sweatshirt in the carrier bag, it gets really cold up there!

I am preparing my next trip from Boston to Denver & LA and I will be wearing:

comfy Frame Denim Jeans
a black oversized v-neck sweater from J Crew
no jewellry, no accessories but a colorful scarf
never forget your sunglasses
always bring handcreme and lip balm

I am still deciding on my shoes, I am not sure if I will pick my black Chanel ballerinas or Aquazurra flats in midnight blue.

Also I will be taking my beloved Rimowa cabin size trolley from the Salsa Air collection, that´s without a doubt one of the best buys I have ever made.

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw a picture of Ines de la Fressange in Roger Vivier flats at the airport. Honestly I don't quite understand this ... I wear walking shoes (which are nubuck Mary Janes, rubber wedge with treads) to the airport, because I often do a lot of walking, across multiple terminals, and I need to be prepared. If I have time, I'd rather walk than take the tram. Even if I don't walk super long distances like that, I really need good shoes for the airport, and I don't quite understand how other people don't need them too ... especially women whose feet have more miles on them than mine do :ninja:

Interesting, I think the most practical shoes for the airport would be Roger Vivier (or other) flats; slip off easily at security and inside the plane, comfortable yet elegant.

Unfortunately though, I hardly get to wear my flats at the airport because I prefer to pack my flats and wear my more bulky shoes to save precious suitcase real estate.

I find there's a limit to how comfortable most flats are ... not much support, and after enough walking, probably too tight or otherwise uncomfortable. They're still formal shoes, nothing 'performance' about them ... for me, airports are more like hiking than shopping. If you've been made late for a connecting flight, Roger Vivier will give you no edge ...

If you've been made late for a connecting flight, Roger Vivier will give you no edge ...

Ugh perish the thought :doh: Literally the stuff of nightmares. Last time that happened I was wearing 4-inch booties, and just barely made it.

I find most flats very comfortable. I guess it depends on the shape of one's feet. My aunt warns me not to wear flats too much though, as they will collapse my arches or something like that. A rubber sole like you describe would be great.

Other than footwear, I'm completely with Petit Lucille above; a loose dress with some stretch is ideal--plus leggings, extra socks and some kind of wrap.
No bra if I can get away with it, or a comfy one.

I have two pairs of flats that get the most wear from me and they both have a cushioned insole and rubber outer sole. And they still look like normal delicate ballet flats. They definitely are supportive enough to walk through the largest airport with no problems. I dread the day they die.

Ugh perish the thought :doh: Literally the stuff of nightmares. Last time that happened I was wearing 4-inch booties, and just barely made it.

I find most flats very comfortable. I guess it depends on the shape of one's feet. My aunt warns me not to wear flats too much though, as they will collapse my arches or something like that. A rubber sole like you describe would be great.

Other than footwear, I'm completely with Petit Lucille above; a loose dress with some stretch is ideal--plus leggings, extra socks and some kind of wrap.
No bra if I can get away with it, or a comfy one.

OK, we are definitely in a different universe :rofl::rofl::rofl: I would say worry about that before the flats ... I don't even take out the garbage and recycling carts without some form of support :lol:

I know people with flat feet, but as far as I can tell, they started out that way.

airplane look

When I see celebrity candids at airports I notice how stylish they look, even after a couple hours (1-5 hours) in the air!

What do you wear when you fly to a cool fashion destination (New York City, LA, Milan, Paris, London)?

Do you do make-up or not?

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

leggings and sweater tunics all the way! Comfortable, warm, and stylish. No buckles or hardware to stop you going through security. Wear a boot that is easy to slip on and off. Stylish efficiency :-)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->