What To Wear On An Airplane

usually rock black soccer sweatpants cause they have pockets.. and a beater or white t-shirt.. and either sandles or new balances.. seems to work well when im flying from NC to minnesota.. weather climate shift in the winter (only time i go back is x-mas)

depends on the season!

in summer, i wear a cute tunic in my signature colors (red, turquoise, pink, etc.) and sometimes a skirt or capri pants. with flats for shoes of course!

in spring, pants and a cute blouse. flats again.

in fall, pants and blouse, again. i take a pashmina in a deep red color and flats.

i haven't flown in winter, yet. my recommendations are flats all the way and avoid too much luggage! drink lots of water! alcohol is a big no-no, NEVER EVER whether in air or on ground! just my opinion! :blush:

Alina said:
drink lots of water! alcohol is a big no-no, NEVER EVER whether in air or on ground! just my opinion! :blush:

I can't get through a flight without alcohol :blush:

Fashion wise, it totally depends on a) how long the flight is b) whether I’m flying commercial or private c) destination.

If I'm on a private flight I look like a scrub - juicy sweat suit and all. Commercial flights, I'll still dress casual and comfortable, but with a little more style - trousers (can't fly in jeans), button down, flats - nothing I care too much for in case there's turbulence and something gets spilled on me (learned that lesson on a flight to DC).

Omg re reading this how much of a b*tch did i sound guess i was having a b ad day. Sorry, espesially you lady muck !! :smile: :flower:

It's the only socially appropriate place to wear your parachute pants from the 1980s.

November in Australia will be HOT.....I'd wear a flowing cotton skirt just at the knee or below (nothing too outrageous for the initial MIL meeting..!!), a tank top/blouse and take a sheer cardigan.....and flats/smart sandals. Keep your hair up and off your face because the humidity in Sydney/Melb is outrageous.....your hair will probably frizz and stick to you the minute you get off the plane lol.....so I'd keep it swept off your face....take some evian spray for your face and wear a nice light fragrance....you'll be charming I'm sure....good luck!!!!!

comfort is key.

I usually wear some comfy chloting like baggy white cotton trousers. and a white top.

I never put on make up during flights, and always have some moisturiser plus a cashmere blanket in my bag. :D

This summer I will be flying from the States to Europe and then China... long flights, which I loathe. I try to dress comfortably, but not sloppily as too many people seem to do.

- TSE white cashmere tank top
- TSE gray cashmere pull over
- Pink pashmina (the only time it is alright to wear a pashmina, in my opinion, is on the airplane)
- Jeans
- Ballet flats

Alina said:

I know, I know. For whatever reason I find flying unbearable without booze. You'll be happy to know I don't get sauced - well not usually :P
The first time my husband (then boyfriend) and I flew together we accidentally got tanked - thank G-d it was a private flight. Pretty hilarious, but never, ever again – we wasted a day recovering.

I fly fairly often for work but these are usually shorter flights so I wear my work clothes (business casual) but for longer flights I usually wear jeans (with stretch), pumas and bring along a pasmina... :wink:

I go totally casual. Between the train commute to the airport, the wait at the airport, and the flight itself, it gets to be a long process. I do throw on makeup - but usually change into different clothes at the destination airport.

I take so many long haul flights that actually this is probs the one time when I don't really do the fashion thing. I wear the heaviest shoes (my luggage is always pretty hefty) I'm taking when boarding but take them off and change in to a pair of ballet flats to pad around the plane in.....I hate those inflight socks. I wear jeans or comfortable trousers. I also wear a lot of layers, that way, I can adjust to the air con levels and strip down when I land. I always bring an extra cardigan just in case.

Clothes aside, I also use the beauty counter samples that I keep getting on the plane coz they're easy to carry with you.

It depends on the air time NOT the destination for me. If the flight is a couple hours and I will be going somewhere directly I can wear anything. But comfort is a must on longer flights especially if I am flying overseas. Yikes!

jeans and a comfortable sweater- tods driving mocs ( the only time I wear flats, & I keep a pair of heels in my bag for when i get off), and I of course wear makeup- I wont answer my door without makeup!

susie_bubble said:
I take so many long haul flights that actually this is probs the one time when I don't really do the fashion thing. I wear the heaviest shoes (my luggage is always pretty hefty) I'm taking when boarding but take them off and change in to a pair of ballet flats to pad around the plane in.....I hate those inflight socks. I wear jeans or comfortable trousers. I also wear a lot of layers, that way, I can adjust to the air con levels and strip down when I land. I always bring an extra cardigan just in case.

Clothes aside, I also use the beauty counter samples that I keep getting on the plane coz they're easy to carry with you.

Me too...down to wearing the heaviest shoes to save luggage space:lol:

it depends if i'm leaving or coming home..

because if i'm coming home.. I won't want to be caught in customs and be taxed if i've been doing some evil bank account abusing overseas.. so i'll be trying my best to look grubby^_^

Ive grown accustomed to wearing track-suits & tennis shoes...Now that airport security is at an all-time high (which, coincidentally, makes me ALWAYS eligible for random searches), the whole idea of getting all dolled up seems rather impractical for me :shock:. Not the most stylish outfit, but it just makes things easier at the gates..

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andy190
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->