What to wear to a party

uk streetstyle at night for a lot of people is smart trousers, smart shirt with a few buttons undone for the guys and something incredibly low cut and short for the girls, preferably with sparkles. ugh.

tifa said:
and something incredibly low cut and short for the girls, preferably with sparkles. ugh.

That's the case here where I live (Finland). Sparkles and glitter tops make me say argh:angry: . People just can't come up with anything better, it's not even that hard. Many of the girls just have tight jeans and a sparkly top, yay, so original. It's like it's the end of the 90s/millenium over and over again.

tifa said:
uk streetstyle at night for a lot of people is smart trousers, smart shirt with a few buttons undone for the guys and something incredibly low cut and short for the girls, preferably with sparkles. ugh.

It is trully horrific. If you think most people in England dress like Miss Moss you'd be wrong -they all dress like Liz Hurley or Kelly whatserface (the Billy Zane one). Tarts galore. I remember I left the London cocoon to go to Leeds once and I remember arriving at Leeds station at like 5pm and everyone had their thighs and boobs out. Admittedly it was Saturday but still...

The gals shud give some suggestions on what they think a good guy's look would be !

last night at kst lounge wass....rock & republics + tee shirt + blazer

not really that original but i looked hott so watev haha

Last edited by a moderator:
SiennaInLondon said:
It is trully horrific. If you think most people in England dress like Miss Moss you'd be wrong -they all dress like Liz Hurley or Kelly whatserface (the Billy Zane one). Tarts galore. I remember I left the London cocoon to go to Leeds once and I remember arriving at Leeds station at like 5pm and everyone had their thighs and boobs out. Admittedly it was Saturday but still...

so true! the main fashion icons seem to be jennifer ellison and jodie marsh.

I'm glad its not just me that thinks that....I went out last night for the first time in ages (north east of england), and it was all micro mini dresses with tops cut so low the girls boobs were nearly falling out.

And sparky shoes.

And gold jewellery.

Then there's me in cropped black jeans, some layered vests and bright pink peeptoes, totally out of place, but you know what, I got a bunch load of compliments for doing something different ^_^

Amerie said:
I'm glad its not just me that thinks that....I went out last night for the first time in ages (north east of england), and it was all micro mini dresses with tops cut so low the girls boobs were nearly falling out.

And sparky shoes.

And gold jewellery.

Then there's me in cropped black jeans, some layered vests and bright pink peeptoes, totally out of place, but you know what, I got a bunch load of compliments for doing something different ^_^

I know how you feel. I'm in college so I go to a lot of college parties. I usually wear something kind of crazy...meanwhile every other girl is in some generic sparkly boob top and short skirt. It's fun to stand out.:P

I like to wh*re it up when it comes to going out, not overboard but it's so hot inside I need to wear less clothes, not mention it's the only occasion where wearing heels and a micro mini in winter is perfectly acceptable.

Argh. Im going out on Saturday (my Bday) and I dont know what to wear! Im all out of ideas. I really dont want to go buy something b/c I dont want to spend any money and I cannot be seen in the same thing! UGH...I have to scrounge something up...Ill make due

If it's cool out I could wear some of my winter clothes that haven't gotten thier rounds yet...

- Blue Ralph Lauren polo w/ all sorts of graffiti and stuff worn under
- Black Calvin Klein blazer
- Seven jeans
- Black Johnston & Murphy wingtips

- Black vneck tshirt
- Seven jeans
- Black Johnston & Murphy wingtips

- Michael Kors blazer with big pockets (very safari)
- Black Calvin Klein pants, sort of a boot cut
- Black tshirt
- Same wingtips or maybe patent drivers

- Olive shorts rolled up within an inch of exposure
- Black tshirt
- Black cardigan w/ horizontal white stripes
- Johnston wingtips

OH MY GOD, I totally forgot about that cardigan, that completely changes everything...Im excited now...

Oh wow...I just delved into my archives...

I have so much clothes! Most of it hasnt been worn in months, some of it...years

Possibilites...I have more to wade through

Calvin Klein greyscale flaming skull tshirt (I got a detention for wearing this in school...Im a badass)
Beige Ralph Lauren Purple Label military shirt with epaulets in this strange silklike material
Express tshirt that reads "making it up as I go along"

Wow...

I love wearing cocktail dresses clubbing... sometimes i avoid mini dresses because all mine are very short and in one club this girl pulled my dress up :rofl:

i love wearing cocktail dresses to club. but so does a few of my girlfriends, so we dont look that out of place i guess... and i dont wear club gear when i club. a few times i got off wearing mini shorts and a sparkly top in heels..

but i also hate wearing nice silky cocktail dresses, cos some idiot with a ciggy always burns my clothes... and of course, silk absorbs smoke like nothing else...also, if i['k wearing sometghinhg really expensive, i wouldnt be caught dead on the dancefloor... again, idiots with ciggies..

I wear a miniskirt or a skimpy top. In that way, I guess the way I dress is pretty standard clubbing gear. I've gone out with just jeans and a t shirt when I'm lazy though, but the t shirt usually has to be black. I try not to wear a skimpy top and miniskirt together, but it sometimes happens as well. I really don't feel comfortable with wearing tops with sleeves to clubs cuz it's too hot and I don't feel like I'm 'dressed up' enough.. so I don't get into the mood.

I'm probably going to wear shorts more than minis this year though. Love the shorts!

I totally forgot about this thread. The last time I went out (which was some time ago) I went to BED...

- Medium grey Brooks Brothers blazer
- Black American Apparel deep vneck
- Stitches overdyed slender jeans (THEYRE NOT SKINNY)
- Black patent Tods drivers

Im going to dinner tomorrow night either at Butter or Buddha Bar (Im hoping Buddha Bar)

- YSL tuxedo shirt w/o bowtie
- Stitches jeans
- YSL belt
- Patent Tods

I hope it isn't delayed again, though Friday nights are always more eventful...

dresses out in newcastle, australia always go well if i do dress up its usually a black dress with stunning heels hehe

but because i usually go out most weekends i like my 3/4 pants which happen to be slimming hehe long black top with a belt around it and usually only just covers my bra haha but then a cropped white jacket/ blazer over that with heels! must wear heels! i only seem to be able to dance in heels and even though i can barely walk the next day i always wear heels hehe

I feel sexy in this sort of outfit and its the only outfit i do hehe heels always make me feel great too

this post is a bit late but this thread could use an update :smile:

I went out to town in edingburgh (capital of scotland .. dont know how to spell it) the other weekend and i was discusted and embaressed by the dress code.

Hear in liverpool the dress code for even the most casual bars and pubs are:

no jeans
no trainers
no big logos or brands
no sportwear or sports shirts
and some bars even like the lads to have a collar on their shirt

and if you dont look good you wont get in .. full stop no argueing

and its a well known fact liverpool girls dont wear jackets and dress up ALOT but i didnt realise how much so untill me and the girls went upto scotland

the first night we got there we dressed up as if we were going out to liverpool ... nothing ott i wore a seventies style drappy dress with healsand my two friends wore healed peep toed heals with little dresses as well

ANd omg i have never felt so out of place in my entire life... as soon as i got out of the taxi that was it i felt out of place... people were staring at us as if we were outsiders... lads shouting stuff.. not jsut the usual stuff but everyone walking past.

Then we went into our first bar to wait for friends... people stopped dead as we walked in and turned to look :( we looked around and realised that everyone else was in the club in jeans and trainers ... so we got drinks then made our way into the outside smoking area (you cant smoke in doors in scotland). and we got talking to the bouncers and they asked why we were so dressed up .. we explained that we were not by liverpool standerds and they just laughed at us. Then we were like oh by the way you just missed some guy wearing trainers .. he could not see the problem .. and we spent 5 minutes explaining it to him.
Then we went back inside and were we saw someone wearing *drum roll please* a jacket, a tee shirt and jeans with trainers ... and a beanie hat.. after we had got other our intial shock we realised we were out of place.
So we quickerly moved on and the night just got worse everywere we went we felt out of place.

Even the next night we went out in what we would neve dream of wearing out to liverpool .. to casual and still felt over dressed.

SO basicly the point of my rant was what are the dress codes in your city .. what are the standerds of dresses .. are there clubs you cnat get into if your dress is not instantly reconisable as a designer piece ??

I love clubbing but I hate the word ‘dresscode’. Dresscodes are for armies, banks, private schools and convents. The only dresscode I can bear is ‘be creative according your personality’.
Clubbing is about feeling free and being openminded. I hate clubs where people seem to wear an uniform. I want diversity. A mix of chic, cool and trash. Some people look sexy in jeans and trainers, other in a cocktail dress, a tuxedo, a pink rabbit outfit or almost naked. Club kids, divas, sluts, ravers, aristocrats, punks, goths, drag kings & queens, fashionistas, fabulous people... welcome to the club.

One of my favourite clubs is FANKLUB in Antwerp. Visit their website and you’ll know what I’m talking about.

www.fanklub.be

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndresKlayr
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->