What to Wear to a Wedding (Your Own & As a Guest)

Wich one do you like most of these?

Badgley Mischka. Fall 2003.
00008.L.JPG

Badgley Mischka. Spring 2003.
00007.L.JPG

Badgley Mischka. Spring 2003.
00087.L.JPG

Badgley Mischka Spring 2003.
00090.L.JPG

i just got engaged but my wedding wont be for a while... i am considering a black/white gown or a black gown...totally non-traditional and a little bit dark & edgy...i would love a combo of the top of the first pic and the bottom of the second...
Screenshot2011-02-20at114713AM.png

Screenshot2011-02-20at114654AM.png

both Marchesa.
Photo credit: weddinginspirasi.com

And I like these as well (dream gowns:(
black-wedding-dresses6.jpg

Marchesa
Photo credit: weddinginspirasi.com
Screenshot2011-02-16at94815AM.png

Alexander Mcqueen
Photo credit: style.com

I want a marilyn manson/dita von teese style wedding.. very dark and gothic (i LOVED their black/blood red roses everywhere:(
gh2344.jpg

Photo credit: hispano.helnwein.com

And shoes... I'd love:
Screenshot2011-02-27at53429PM.png

Christian Louboutin
Photo credit: net-a-porter.com

well, i'm all for goth, but unless it's done very carefully and probably on a very high budget, a Gothic wedding runs the risk of looking a lot like the London Dungeon

i would love a "white" Gothic wedding though...

Last edited by a moderator:
im not sure what that is, but it sounds pretty neat either way. haha. my fiance and i met at an insane asylum (we weren't the patients)... so we are a little weird already.

barneys

^ I had a coworker who used to work at a similar place ... she had interesting stories :wink:

I like this L'Wren Scott for a wedding dress ...

Attachments

• L'Wren Scott Barneys.png
    L'Wren Scott Barneys.png
    43.9 KB · Views: 4
next month?^^^
my sister got her wedding dress like in decemeber and she is getting marry in may.lol

spiegel

Here's a picture of the gown ...

I think it's pretty ... not sure about the mid-section where the built-in Spanx is? I think I would rather wear a corset ... I'm not sure about all that stuff attached to the dress ... :unsure: Have you checked J Crew? You'll definitely need something that's not special order ...

I want a marilyn manson/dita von teese style wedding.. very dark and gothic (i LOVED their black/blood red roses everywhere:(

Now that is a wedding I´s love to attend..I bet it´s going to be awesome. The first two dresses are gorgeous! I like your idea too, the top of the first one and the bottom of the second would look great.

vivienne westwood fw11 reminded me instantly of this thread and the ' gothic wedding ' thing:

00450h.jpg
00490h.jpg

00500h.jpg

vogue.it

OMG I LOVE the last two gowns!! i love vivienne westwood!! anyone got any other great ideas for "gothic" inspired wedding?? or more dark and edgy, less traditional wedding dress?? thanks, mistress!!

anyone help me find a replica of these earrings? my cousin is looking to wear similar (but cheap) version of these earrings with her wedding gown... any help is greatly appreciated!!
Screenshot2011-03-28at101645AM.png

chandelier-esque but not TOO glitzy.. it is a beach wedding...so nothing too over the top! thanks in advance!

photo credit: maggiesottero.com

is "matching" your shoes to the wedding dress a big issue? if one has a silver or metallic wedding dress does that mean they have to get matte shoes?

^ I would think you'd just follow the same aesthetics as usual? I think you can break any rule as long as it looks good. For example, I have carried an animal print bag while wearing an animal print skirt. You can certainly find it written that you should only wear one animal print item at a time, but sometimes it's fine. You just have to know what you're doing :wink:

I need ideas from you, guys. This is my wedding dress (San Patrick Caspio) and I have no clue what to do with my hair or how to accessorize it. The only thing I know is that I want to wear my hair down, as I don't feel comfortable wearing my hair up. I feel a bit too exposed. Anyway...I've got long blonde hair. I usually straighten it, so I'm thinking maybe I should curl/wave my hair for the wedding. Do you think a flower behind my ear would maybe be an option or would that be too much? I'd appreciate any suggestions:flower:

2d1vf4h.jpg

http://www.touslesmariages.com/datas/produits////xl/4bf3efa3e300a.jpg

a flower might compete with the dress too much, or perhaps not if they are tiny...
if you are thinking about waving/curling your hair you might want to check out the t3 hot rollers. they sell them at sephora. i am thinking of purchasing it myself.

you might also want to check out bhldn (anthroplogie's wedding site) they have a lot of hair accessories and hair styling ideas.

I've always said, if I were a lady, getting married, with a big budget, and was the size of Freja Beha Erichsen (that's a lot of 'ifs'), I'd choose this dress from Narciso Rodriguez S/S 11.

(click for HQ)

It's even better in motion, 3:14, the raised hem at the front causing the dress to fill with air - in love.

style.it

^ It is very beautiful, but don't you think it is borderline night gown?

I need ideas from you, guys. This is my wedding dress (San Patrick Caspio) and I have no clue what to do with my hair or how to accessorize it. The only thing I know is that I want to wear my hair down, as I don't feel comfortable wearing my hair up. I feel a bit too exposed. Anyway...I've got long blonde hair. I usually straighten it, so I'm thinking maybe I should curl/wave my hair for the wedding. Do you think a flower behind my ear would maybe be an option or would that be too much? I'd appreciate any suggestions:flower:

http://www.touslesmariages.com/datas/produits////xl/4bf3efa3e300a.jpg

Wear it wavy and pull it all to one side, don't accessorize your hair if you will be wearing a veil, or if you will be wearing chandelier type earrings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YourGalSylvia
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->