• The Red Carpet Highlights of... The 77th Annual Cannes Film Festival 2024!

• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

What to Wear to a Wedding (Your Own & As a Guest)

Wich one do you like most of these?

Badgley Mischka. Fall 2003.
00008.L.JPG

Badgley Mischka. Spring 2003.
00007.L.JPG

Badgley Mischka. Spring 2003.
00087.L.JPG

Badgley Mischka Spring 2003.
00090.L.JPG

i just got engaged but my wedding wont be for a while... i am considering a black/white gown or a black gown...totally non-traditional and a little bit dark & edgy...i would love a combo of the top of the first pic and the bottom of the second...
Screenshot2011-02-20at114713AM.png

Screenshot2011-02-20at114654AM.png

both Marchesa.
Photo credit: weddinginspirasi.com

And I like these as well (dream gowns:(
black-wedding-dresses6.jpg

Marchesa
Photo credit: weddinginspirasi.com
Screenshot2011-02-16at94815AM.png

Alexander Mcqueen
Photo credit: style.com

I want a marilyn manson/dita von teese style wedding.. very dark and gothic (i LOVED their black/blood red roses everywhere:(
gh2344.jpg

Photo credit: hispano.helnwein.com

And shoes... I'd love:
Screenshot2011-02-27at53429PM.png

Christian Louboutin
Photo credit: net-a-porter.com

well, i'm all for goth, but unless it's done very carefully and probably on a very high budget, a Gothic wedding runs the risk of looking a lot like the London Dungeon

i would love a "white" Gothic wedding though...

Last edited by a moderator:
im not sure what that is, but it sounds pretty neat either way. haha. my fiance and i met at an insane asylum (we weren't the patients)... so we are a little weird already.

barneys

^ I had a coworker who used to work at a similar place ... she had interesting stories :wink:

I like this L'Wren Scott for a wedding dress ...

Attachments

• L'Wren Scott Barneys.png
    L'Wren Scott Barneys.png
    43.9 KB · Views: 4
next month?^^^
my sister got her wedding dress like in decemeber and she is getting marry in may.lol

spiegel

Here's a picture of the gown ...

I think it's pretty ... not sure about the mid-section where the built-in Spanx is? I think I would rather wear a corset ... I'm not sure about all that stuff attached to the dress ... :unsure: Have you checked J Crew? You'll definitely need something that's not special order ...

I want a marilyn manson/dita von teese style wedding.. very dark and gothic (i LOVED their black/blood red roses everywhere:(

Now that is a wedding I´s love to attend..I bet it´s going to be awesome. The first two dresses are gorgeous! I like your idea too, the top of the first one and the bottom of the second would look great.

vivienne westwood fw11 reminded me instantly of this thread and the ' gothic wedding ' thing:

00450h.jpg
00490h.jpg

00500h.jpg

vogue.it

OMG I LOVE the last two gowns!! i love vivienne westwood!! anyone got any other great ideas for "gothic" inspired wedding?? or more dark and edgy, less traditional wedding dress?? thanks, mistress!!

anyone help me find a replica of these earrings? my cousin is looking to wear similar (but cheap) version of these earrings with her wedding gown... any help is greatly appreciated!!
Screenshot2011-03-28at101645AM.png

chandelier-esque but not TOO glitzy.. it is a beach wedding...so nothing too over the top! thanks in advance!

photo credit: maggiesottero.com

is "matching" your shoes to the wedding dress a big issue? if one has a silver or metallic wedding dress does that mean they have to get matte shoes?

^ I would think you'd just follow the same aesthetics as usual? I think you can break any rule as long as it looks good. For example, I have carried an animal print bag while wearing an animal print skirt. You can certainly find it written that you should only wear one animal print item at a time, but sometimes it's fine. You just have to know what you're doing :wink:

I need ideas from you, guys. This is my wedding dress (San Patrick Caspio) and I have no clue what to do with my hair or how to accessorize it. The only thing I know is that I want to wear my hair down, as I don't feel comfortable wearing my hair up. I feel a bit too exposed. Anyway...I've got long blonde hair. I usually straighten it, so I'm thinking maybe I should curl/wave my hair for the wedding. Do you think a flower behind my ear would maybe be an option or would that be too much? I'd appreciate any suggestions:flower:

2d1vf4h.jpg

http://www.touslesmariages.com/datas/produits////xl/4bf3efa3e300a.jpg

a flower might compete with the dress too much, or perhaps not if they are tiny...
if you are thinking about waving/curling your hair you might want to check out the t3 hot rollers. they sell them at sephora. i am thinking of purchasing it myself.

you might also want to check out bhldn (anthroplogie's wedding site) they have a lot of hair accessories and hair styling ideas.

I've always said, if I were a lady, getting married, with a big budget, and was the size of Freja Beha Erichsen (that's a lot of 'ifs'), I'd choose this dress from Narciso Rodriguez S/S 11.

(click for HQ)

It's even better in motion, 3:14, the raised hem at the front causing the dress to fill with air - in love.

style.it

^ It is very beautiful, but don't you think it is borderline night gown?

I need ideas from you, guys. This is my wedding dress (San Patrick Caspio) and I have no clue what to do with my hair or how to accessorize it. The only thing I know is that I want to wear my hair down, as I don't feel comfortable wearing my hair up. I feel a bit too exposed. Anyway...I've got long blonde hair. I usually straighten it, so I'm thinking maybe I should curl/wave my hair for the wedding. Do you think a flower behind my ear would maybe be an option or would that be too much? I'd appreciate any suggestions:flower:

http://www.touslesmariages.com/datas/produits////xl/4bf3efa3e300a.jpg

Wear it wavy and pull it all to one side, don't accessorize your hair if you will be wearing a veil, or if you will be wearing chandelier type earrings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aeroplvne
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->