Your fur style - please read thread guidelines in post #1 before posting #2

got given some more fur recently...
a gorgeous blk woolen 50-60's style coat...
with bracelet length sleeves and sable cuffs...
it's too fab!...

someone gave it to me because they felt that i would give it a good home...
so-
i think i have to wear it...
in honor of the person who entrusted it to me...
:blush:...

^ Sounds a fab pressie... I bet they are glad they trust you!

Seen a lot of fur hitting the high street again this year... what are peoples thoughts on the trend? How long do you think it will stay with us? Where will fur go in fashion from here? Would you just wear faux or do you like vintage or new fur?

WSG XXX

OK... reviving this thread... It's everywhere so what are people weaing fur wise... post your looks... lets get this thread moving again...

Oh and

Anyone bought this faux fur vest yet?

http://www.zara.com/webapp/wcs/store...UR+WAISTCOAT

Im a UK size 10... should I go for the medium as the size chart suggests... I dont want it to be too tight but at the same time dont want to swim in it. Need to buy online.

Really want this as seen it in the shop... but its too expensive for me just now and I really want a darker fur... but still love this... out of interst does anyone have it??? Should I actually just go for it???

http://www.zara.com/webapp/wcs/store...UR+WAISTCOAT

I can't see the item you posted. I think you should buy what you like. I'm always more confident when I'm wearing something I want instead of what I think I should.

I bought the cheaper one but I think i'll take it back... yet again my dabilings with fake fur have been a tremendous failure... the quality of the fur is just god awful... real is defo the real deal... this dark one will be going back and ill stick to what I know.... See PETA... I tried... but nah!!!!!

i have a fake shearling that's really warm and really good---
but i think that only works cause the fur is mostly on the inside with just a bit of fur on the cuffs and collar...
otherwise fake fur gets all matted and looks like a bath mat..
i've probably said that before in this thread- but it's still how i feel...
:P

so- they are predicting snow soon...
looks like we are finally going to get some weather that is fur- appropriate around here...
starting to think about it now so that i have the courage to do it when the time comes...

but really---
fur on the subway?...
is that really an option?...
does anyone really do that?...
:unsure:...

I wear fur on the underground lol, a bit ostentatious perhaps so I usually wear rabbit however I've also worn a big White arctic fox. Luckily I didn't bump into any crazies!

I must say I'm tempted to sell all my coats and replace with just a single mink but it's hard to let go!

LOL... Belle there is nothing wrong with being a little ostentatious!

I think there are a lot less crazies about... but I think the other thing is most people assume its fake! Even though anyone with half an ounce of knowledge can so tell the difference. Softgrey is sooo right... fake looks awful! Especially after a seasons wear!

I could never sell all my furs to replace them with a mink! I could however save a bit and then get myself in a bit more debt to buy an additional coat... and yeh a mink would be fab.

Do you just wear coats Belle or do you do scarfs and accessoris too? I LOVE my bunny scarfs!

William St Girl; I have a cape, and a stole. I do need to get some hats though but usually I wear a fur coat and a woolen hat lol.

I want to buy this Asos faux fur, I love the color :smile:
Anyone owns Asos fur? I wonder about the quality... and how warm is faux fur in general btw?

asos.com

ASOS fur is ok... If you want to get a year or two at a push out a fur. All fake fur is the same though so its up to you... I'd be more tempted to get vintage fur!

kokobombon, there's a lot of variation in the warmth of fake fur, I've found. I've had some faux jackets that were as toasty as the real thing and others that left me shivering. It depends on a lot of things, like the cut of the jacket, the materials used for the liner, etc. You won't really know unless you try it on to get a better feel for its warmth.

I have a vintage mink Balmain fur coat.
It's gorgeoussss! My mom gave it to me.

WOW Raerae... that was a lucky gift to get!

I was amazed how many furs I seen in Edinburgh today and two silver for full length coats... never seen such decadent fur on show before!!! LOving it!

^ agreed, great gift to get raerae. Vintage fur is amazing.

This is a stole I got from a thrift store, also vintage.

Versace-for-HM-choker-and-velvet-dress-fur-shawl-watermarked.jpg

This is a faux and real mix. Faux on top, and real on the bottom, vintage moccasins.

GAP-Fur-pom-pom-trapper-hat-and-Community-Thrift-and-Vintage-top-vintage-belt-and-tutu-skirt-liquid-tights-and-moccasin-boots-watermarked-Co.jpg

I love fur :smile:

ASOS fur is ok... If you want to get a year or two at a push out a fur. All fake fur is the same though so its up to you... I'd be more tempted to get vintage fur!

In the days when fur was an absolute no-no, there was a leather store near me that sold rabbit-fur jackets in the exact style of the ASOS one for £10-20 because no-one was buying them. I got a few and they lasted me for about 15 years. I never got any abuse for wearing them because they weren't ostentatious, they just kept me warm on very cold days when I had to walk around outside.

I have a vintage fur coat that my mom gave me but I don´t like wearing real fur (other than leather) so I´m sticking to faux fur... I like that it comes in colors, I wouldn´t buy faux fur in a natural one.

I personally dont like the look and feel of faux fur. I do have a pair of fox fur ear muffs and a Burberry fox fur collar from this season that was a gift.
I love fur but don't really feel comfortable supporting the industry when there are such great vintage pieces around and online. I love vintage rabbit fur jackets and fox fur stoles.

I personally dont like the look and feel of faux fur. I do have a pair of fox fur ear muffs and a Burberry fox fur collar from this season that was a gift.
I love fur but don't really feel comfortable supporting the industry when there are such great vintage pieces around and online. I love vintage rabbit fur jackets and fox fur stoles.

I so agree with you I HATE the look and feel of faux fur in general. Real fur is just more of everything... especially the look and feel though!

Im with you on the vintage... but im not bothered by new fur either. I'd love to get a fox fur stole but you couldnt wear it out in the UK youd get attacked!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmarisMoonlover
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->