Zac Posen Pre-Fall 2008

r0b0tj0n3z

Reaction score

FWD101 - Zac Posen adjusts a dress worn by a model from his Pre-Fall 2008 collection shown during a presentation in his New York studio on Tuesday, Dec. 4, 2007. (Fashion Wire Daily/Renata Espinosa)

I have some LQ to put up in a sec :/ Having trouble finding any HQ. :(

All Photos: WWD/Condé Nast/Corbis

4219284561qf8.jpg
4219284562af6.jpg
4219284579ju2.jpg
4219284580sz7.jpg
4219284581gm0.jpg
4219284582ii2.jpg

this is nice, i like the colors, i think that there may be a bit too many different details and silhouettes and wish it was a bit more cohesive

love the plum pleated babydoll and the sheer capelet, also the purple pumps are a nice touch

The neckline on that first dress couldn't be more Prada if it tried.

A lot of these screams 80s.

I like this, and I am NOT Posen fan. It is so paired down for him, its quite wearable.

Very nice collection. I think he's maturing...it's weird that I always like his resort/ cruise and pre-fall collections more than I do is SS or FW collections...

I love this look- the wisp of black tulle as a little cape is such a chic touch.
4219284590id8.jpg

(WWD/Condé Nast/Corbis)

I think his resort/cruise collections are much better than main collections because he has to scale back the drama! Seriously, he cuts a good dress and has some cute ideas but my god does he know how to do over-the-top. Thankfully there is none of that here.

I love this collection!!! :woot::heart: Although there are admittedly a couple pieces I wouldn't wear, it's definitely one of his most wearable collections! Very chic and well cut. While he has a couple of more trend-following pieces, he's got several innovative designs here. :heart:

I love this dress :wub::wub::wub:
4219284585pc5.jpg

WWD/Condé Nast/Corbis

Last edited by a moderator:
suprisingly decent...I always think his works are usually contrieved and overdone...this seems to be a much better effort than the messy SS08 show. The short dresses are the strongest pieces...

I love love love this collection :wub: :cry: The first coat and all black dresses are amazing

very fresh and sophisticated but a bit too funeral for me.

^^agreed on the funeral but not on the fresh look!

he's using so much shiny silk/satin lately... which i find really difficult to pull of if it's not on a runway
(it folds, gets messed up, and it's very revealing when it comes to body imperfections) --> pink dress on #4 ill fittng and too près-du-corp on the sides and on her belly

SWOON! I think I'm in love! Especially with the ballerina pink!

Runway Review:
At the beginning of his 22-piece pre-fall presentation, Zac Posen announced his theme: "poodle ballet." It was less strange than it sounds. The flaring, short silhouette of a little black dress was a key look, as were nubby, woolly textures like the Mongolian lamb that edged the collars and hems of cavalry twill jackets or the bouclé used for a matching sweatshirt and skirt. The latter combo was billed as a casual take on the suit, and ease was the unifying principle here—something, Posen said, he's also working on for his Fall collection. But that's not what the designer's built his business on, so there were plenty of evening options as well. These ranged from a pink satin strapless minidress all wrapped up like a bow to a flaring gown in wine red Lurex not unlike the resort number that Beyoncé poured herself into for Sunday night's inaugural Movies Rock.

– Nicole Phelps

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
misanita
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->