Zac Posen Pre-Fall 2008

The thing that I cannot stand about Zac Posen is that he has so many ideas and feels the need to put them into one package at once! There's always so much going on in his pieces that it off-puts me! The second dress in post n°4 is just too much with the lace around the bust paired with the construction seams paired with these colours! I think the mark of a mature designer is one that is able to have many ideas and refine them and edit the extraneous details. Obviously, in my eyes, he's not there yet.

:ermm: :neutral: meh its okay. some of the dresses are nice. but i feel zac should stay far away from coats.

I don't like Zac Posen but this is an exceptionally well styled collection. I like the palette (the lilac shoes add a great accent) and presentation in general so much that I am willing to overlook the lackluster design.

I agree that Posen's stuff is over-embellished and I am not even that confident about his tailoring. From the pictures, Dolce & Gabbana can create a better waist and cut a better dress.

Couldn't be designed even better

i have to agree very Prada on this one, but overall a great great piece
4219284561qf8.jpg

http://fashionwirepress.com

The thing that I cannot stand about Zac Posen is that he has so many ideas and feels the need to put them into one package at once! There's always so much going on in his pieces that it off-puts me! The second dress in post n°4 is just too much with the lace around the bust paired with the construction seams paired with these colours! I think the mark of a mature designer is one that is able to have many ideas and refine them and edit the extraneous details. Obviously, in my eyes, he's not there yet.
i can see what you mean by that so many ideas, judging from his last collection at Bryant Park SS08 the overall collection was great but you could see his mind was really wondering on how to squeeze as many ideas as possible, Just a note he is showing he's resort collection at Mercedes Benz Fashion Week in Berlin just before New York fashion week, maybe that will steer him away from overthinking since he's got two venues to express his mind ^_^

well i really like the collection, it's very young and fresh and i think the black tights with everything and those short dresses are very 60s, edie sedgwick like!
zac is just a true genious.
4219284583ge0.jpg

A bit simple for him but I love his collection especially the little black dresses. I would love to buy this black dress but I am sure it cost 1000K.

Attachments

• 4219284581gm0.jpe
    4219284581gm0.jpe
    26.1 KB · Views: 2
I've posted a picture of this everywhere in the apartment as a shameless hint to my bf. I can't wait for our anniversary; I simply adore Posen.

4219284587ab7.jpg

I'm not crazy about this....

oh, how can you simply not be completely enthralled with the amazing rich color, the "look at me" bodice, and the "kiss me softly" neck line. It just screams romance!

The picture in Post 52 helps me sum up my ideas a little on this.

As much as I love Zac Posen, this seems a little... eh.... I don't know, odd. The shoes are an odd color, and when I look at the outfit as a whole, it doesn't seems so cohesive. The skirt design looks oddly placed, like one of the crochet dolls I used to make when I was little. The sillhoutte is pretty, but otherwise.... the color is peculiar and I'm not so certain about his use of adding newness to the look. But, overall, it's pretty-- just peculiar yet.

This collection is pretty nice! he is an ARTIST! hahaha BTW I dunno if its right to ask for this here but does someone has a pic of him where he is in the floor and in the back theres like a 3D painting of some peacocks??

Okay, I didn't want to like this at all after his big stink over designer's "copyrights". But just about everything in there, honestly, is perfect! Beautiful muted pinks and plums...soft tailoring that's also structured. I love it all! :woot:

I really like a lot of this. :smile:

As others have said - beautiful colour palette.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
misanita
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->