1905-1957 Christian Dior

Seeing so many, beautiful, beautiful dresses
I just remember how much I hate see the streets
full of girls in denim...
ajj!

ohh!
are the dresses made by Christian Dior own hands?
or are they copies?

Its very dreamlike to see women in beautiful creations.. it gives a almost magic feel to the woman

^^Oh! I would love touch them!!!!!!
well, well
er...
wear them....really
They Look so delicious for the body....

I love love love these, especially the pieces in posts 4, 5, 8, 12, 14, 17, and 19. Amazing! :heart:

FashionJunkie said:
Everything from metmuseum.org

(and one thanks to DosViolines)

Aaww, thanks :blush:

Great thread btw, I had no idea there wasn't one before :ninja:

I adore the Junon dress, such a gorgeous piece of couture :heart:

Christian Dior's work was absolutly beautiful, so sad that his life was cut so very short.

Ms. Diorella said:
I adore the Junon dress, such a gorgeous piece of couture :heart:

Christian Dior's work was absolutly beautiful, so sad that his life was cut so very short.

Oh how did Christian Dior die? Natural old age? And at what age did he die?

a life...

Christian Dior
(January 21, 1905October 24, 1957),

Christian Dior was an influential French fashion designer. He was born in Granville, Manche, Normandy, France, heir to a fertilizer fortune.

Dior attended a Catholic school, after which he established his main house in in 1946 with the backing of textile magnate. In twelve years he expanded his business to 15 countries and employed over 2,000 people. He had three children and was married four times.

Christian Dior is known mainly for the look which employed narrow shoulders, a constricted waist, an emphasized bust, and long, wide skirt, all in striking contrast to the severity of wartime fashions. His designs represented consistent classic elegance, stressing the feminine look. The New Look revolutionized women's dress and reestablished Paris as the center of the fashion world after World War II. Dior spread his fashions around the world when he and his partner, Jacques Rouet, started franchises in the fashion industry. In 1953 Yves Saint-Laurent became Dior's assistant and was destined to be his successor but was reluctantly forced to leave when the time came for his military service. On returning, after trouble with his temporary replacement, Saint-Laurent soon opened his own maison de couture once his military obligations were over.

Towards the end of his life Christian's life was a hectic round of injections to wake up in the morning, injections for his appetite, and further injections to sleep. His niece , who had once been his favourite (at her marriage with Count Robert-Henri de Caumont la Force it was Christian who gave the bride away at the ceremony while Raymond sat drinking in a local bar) but she held Nazi sympathies. She openly blamed Christian's Jewish manageress who procured his medications, along with a collection of young men, of being part of a Jewish plot forcing him towards his death. For once Raymond agreed with his rebel daughter, while discounting the Jewish plot theory. Normally under French inheritance law, having no children or parents, Raymond should have been Christian's successor but the rift provoked by Françoise caused Christian to disinherit his close family totally.

At the time of his death, Dior salons had been opened in 24 countries. The Dior firm—successively led by designers Yves Saint Laurent, Marc Bohan, and continued to be a fashion leader and was associated with a much wider range of merchandise, including menswear, household linens, and such fragrances as the critical and popular success, widely considered a classic scent.
:heart:

from wikipedia.com

Dior couldn't sew himself, also before he started his own house he was an assistant designer at Lucien Lelong.

Mutterlein said:
Dior couldn't sew himself, also before he started his own house he was an assistant designer at Lucien Lelong.

With Lelong did Dior not ask for his name to be put on the door?

Mutterlein said:
Dior couldn't sew himself...

That is such an interesting fact! The majority of designers I know can sew but can't draw, so it's really crazy to hear it go the other way around. I am a much, much better artist than I am seamstress, so that gives me a little hope. :crush:

JJohnson said:
Oh how did Christian Dior die? Natural old age? And at what age did he die?

well that's what i heard about his death....i've read about his true death in quite a number of sources:blink: :blink: :blink: :blink:

An outer source.:sick:
""Dior was a homosexual drug addict that died at the age of 52 after having sex with four boys at a party on multiple drugs. probably from a heart attack or over dose. don't believe the reports of him dying from choking on food, read deaper and you'll find that he actually was on drugs at the time and that he'd just had sex with multiple boys that were friends with his african singer boyfriend. he was on drugs cause he was a closet junkie and was trying to lose weight to impress his boyfriend.""

Wikipedia:
Towards the end of his life Christian's life was a hectic round of injections to wake up in the morning, injections for his appetite, and further injections to sleep................His niece , who had once been his favourite openly blamed Christian's Jewish manageress who procured his medications, along with a collection of young men, of being part of a Jewish plot forcing him towards his death.

experts.about.com
Jacques Benita is a North African singer. His boyfriend was Christian Dior.

Christian's last companion was Jacques Benita, a young Algerian singer, who he met in 1956 and who, from that time, had to be included in all Christian's social activities. After the September collection in 1957 Christian was desperate for a rest and decided to take Benita to Montecatini in Italy, despite the warnings of his astrologer, who was against the trip. So infatuated was he with Benita that he decided to diet to try to make himself more attractive, even though Benita said this really was not necessary. But his body could not stand the strain and on October 23rd, 1957 Christian had a fatal heart attack whilst sitting in a chair at the Hotel Pace at Montecatini.

BUT design museum only says:
"1957 Christian Dior dies of a heart attack after choking on a fishbone:rolleyes: while on a rest cure at a spa in Montecatini, Italy"

well i personally kind of want to believe the first sources which depict him as a little dirty old man:shock:

Pay the price of your fame, boy...

Ghost said:
An outer source.:sick:
""Dior was a homosexual drug addict that died at the age of 52 after having sex with four boys at a party on multiple drugs. probably from a heart attack or over dose. don't believe the reports of him dying from choking on food, read deaper and you'll find that he actually was on drugs at the time and that he'd just had sex with multiple boys that were friends with his african singer boyfriend. he was on drugs cause he was a closet junkie and was trying to lose weight to impress his boyfriend.""

I preffer this version,
I have always think that every person
dies by in his own law,

He was a designer
and the best in his epoque so his life should be fulled
of parties, exquisite things,
pretty boys,
cool sustances...
and all the things that only famous people
eat, feel, have.. etc

He was a star!!!!
and his life was so!!!