3.1 Phillip Lim S/S 2016 : Liya Kebede by Viviane Sassen

simon

Reaction score
LCpG6mU.jpg
CPYfyKW.jpg
lBJ6KM6.jpg

wwd

For the Spring 2016 advertising campaign, we continued our collaboration with photographer, Viviane Sassen, creating artful, unexpected images that “romance reality” rather than escape from it. For the third consecutive season, we accomplished this with a minimal team - a photographer, an assistant, a producer, a model and Phillip Lim - on the streets of a global city shooting spontaneous, real moments.

This season, we pushed the boundaries even further by asking a world-renowned model to join us in this guerilla affair; we asked her to do this in her home country with her actual family. Here is the nature of our appeal:

“The Spring 2016 advertising campaign marks the continuation of our 10 Year Anniversary celebration where our message is one of humble gratitude, a reminder to appreciate the simple moments and to ‘Stop and Smell the Flowers’. To us, there is no other moment more special or more universal than that of coming home to family. We would like to shoot you in your home country with your real family. You’ve been shot by the world’s best photographers, by the most luxurious brands in the world, but we are sure you have never been asked to be part of a fashion campaign this intimate, this raw and this authentic before.”

The model is Liya Kebede and her home town is Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, where she grew up with her four brothers and where her parents still live. Liya is also passionately devoted to her role as a maternal health advocate. We are enormously grateful to Liya and her family for being part of this special moment and welcoming us to their home.

31philliplim.com

Terrific! The clothes look fantastic, the pictures are bright and radiant and I love the fact she's back home and including her family.

What a beautiful story! Of course, Liya looks amazing here and the styling is awesome!

GREAT! Love! Much better than her Ferretti Ad.
Everything about Lim is great.

Phillip Lim's ads have been some of my favorites the past few seasons.
This is no different :heart:

Stunning campaign, one of the best ads of this season.

Wow! These look gorgeous!! Ah

Campaign of the season, as far as I'm concerned. Flawless concept, executed just as flawlessly.

3.1 Phillip Lim always has the best ad campaigns each season. Very underrated brand.

Viviane Sassen might not have impressed me with Bottega Veneta, but these shots are really beautiful. Loved the collection as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theaucourant
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->