81st Annual Academy Awards

So i saw on some entertaiment show that appearantly Jessica Biel was styled by "Conde Nast" (read; Anna Wintour et co.),but got the most hate, of course like with the Lively case from GGs, she is on Style.com's best dressed list. :lol:

I guess that rumor that she will be on an upcoming Vogue cover is true afterall. :doh:

aggggh.........this is from Perez Hilton but whatever, it is interesting and clears the wife thing up.

Sean Penn won his second Oscar on Sunday night and some people took note that he failed to 'thank' his wife, actress Robin Wright Penn, in his most recent, stirring acceptance speech.

When the media caught up with them at one of the Oscar parties, both Sean and wifey Robin explained that her 'omission' from the speech was planned.

We can all un-bunch our panties now!

Robin said they both knew there wouldn't be "enough time".

And when asked if his wife knows his feelings for her he simply replied, “She knows.”

Short and to the point.

Robin's a generous soul. In giving up some of 'her' time, Sean was able to speak more fully about the injustices the gay community still faces.

You know other wifeys would have lost their **** if they weren't mentioned!

[Image via WENN.]

perezhilton.com

i'm still in the air about how i feel about reese in that rodarte. the gown itself is stunning but i'm not sure if it really suited her.

anyway,favourites-
tilda(of course)

angelica huston-i don't care what she wears to be honest,she like tilda swinton,can wear anything and be absolutely gorgeous and classy.

marion cotillard-just splendid! the only one of the night for me who did the traditional glam thing and actually spoke volumes to me.

in the mid-
reese's piece witherspoon...gorgeous Rodarte gown but it felt awkward to me on her.

the rest didn't really affect me that much.

Oh Scott, you're so riight! I love Anjelica Huston too! What a lady :D

Last edited by a moderator:
marion cotillard-just splendid! the only one of the night for me who did the traditional glam thing and actually spoke volumes to me.
Marion was my favorite of the night!. Such an elegant and vibrant aura.:heart:
I found it a bit strange that she didn't get much coverage in the press.. I was watching Access Hollywood and they didn't show her AT ALL. And if I recall correctly, I don't think she got the usual 'best actress' coverage last year either. I guess I shouldn't expect much from a show that placed Kate Winslet and Miley Cyrus as the best-dressed of the night, and lack of exposure is probably more than positive these days but it still intrigues me somehow.. I can't help to think that they might see it as a waste of time to cover someone foreigner because the average viewer will not 'relate'. or maybe I'm overthinking it. :meow:

... also liked Jessica Biel :ninja:. I never ever liked her before, I always find her boring and a little too masculine but I saw the HQs of her look and she looked so beautiful, very natural and timeless.

So i saw on some entertaiment show that appearantly Jessica Biel was styled by "Conde Nast" (read; Anna Wintour et co.),but got the most hate, of course like with the Lively case from GGs, she is on Style.com's best dressed list. :lol:

I guess that rumor that she will be on an upcoming Vogue cover is true afterall. :doh:

I just don't understand this. At all. :sick:

I can't imagine any movie, project, whatever she may be involved in that would warrant such attention. She really doesn't have any more appeal/"star quality" (let alone talent) than a Megan Fox or a Jessica Alba, so that can't be it. Her boyfriend is only Justin Timberlake. Sorry, maybe a few years ago that might mean something, but now?

Then again, if Wintour really is thinking about a Justin/Katy Perry ed...

I think Natalie portman was absolutely gorgeus in her pink dress. She looked wonderful.
Angelina Jolie was my favourite also, I know I know, just black dress, but the shape of that dress. She looked beautifull.

Best: Anne, Halle
Middle: Marisa, Angelina, Penelope, Nicole, Sarah, Vanessa
Hate: Beyonce, Heidi

My friends wrote the beginning sequence.. And they also wrote Jen Aniston and Jack Blacks presentation. :smile: My other friend actually built all the sets for the beginning sequence and he has video of Hugh and Anne practicing the bit! :smile: So cool! Anne is darling in person. I thought she did a fantastic job! Very nice voice! I knew way before that she was going to get up there because all my friends worked on that opening!

I was very upset that Zac Effron and Vanessa Hudgens were there! They are not even big movie stars.. They are disney stars.. I was confused.

^ I guess since their movies have been making big bucks... sadly they're quite popular to the young generation :ermm:

My friends wrote the beginning sequence.. And they also wrote Jen Aniston and Jack Blacks presentation. :smile: My other friend actually built all the sets for the beginning sequence and he has video of Hugh and Anne practicing the bit! :smile: So cool! Anne is darling in person. I thought she did a fantastic job! Very nice voice! I knew way before that she was going to get up there because all my friends worked on that opening!

Is that you, Kathy Griffin?

Well, actually the Jackman/Hathaway duet was leaked onto the internet prior to the show, so a lot of people knew.

Why would you think I am Kathy? I have a lot of friends out in LA that write for TV and film. And my two good friends wrote the Oscars this year!

Marion was my favorite of the night!. Such an elegant and vibrant aura.:heart:
I found it a bit strange that she didn't get much coverage in the press.. I was watching Access Hollywood and they didn't show her AT ALL. And if I recall correctly, I don't think she got the usual 'best actress' coverage last year either. I guess I shouldn't expect much from a show that placed Kate Winslet and Miley Cyrus as the best-dressed of the night, and lack of exposure is probably more than positive these days but it still intrigues me somehow.. I can't help to think that they might see it as a waste of time to cover someone foreigner because the average viewer will not 'relate'. or maybe I'm overthinking it. :meow:

... also liked Jessica Biel :ninja:. I never ever liked her before, I always find her boring and a little too masculine but I saw the HQs of her look and she looked so beautiful, very natural and timeless.

well,remember how last year so many in the media and otherwise were so stunned how european the awards were last year. it feels pretty ignorant. sometimes i feel as if the media believe americans should and does only like american actors and films. i also think in terms of style,the mainstream are frightened of individuality whomever. look how people made fun of bjork in 2001 and continue to make fun of her...tilda swinton as well. the only time i ever hear anyone speak about tilda in that world-not us here,necessarily,it's to rip how she looks and dresses.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rearjepaj
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->