81st Annual Academy Awards

What was the scientology joke?

I'm struggling to remember but it was i think during the skit with Tina Fey and Steve Martin. I thought they did a great job. Maybe someone else can expand on the actual joke...

Best:
1.Jennifer Aniston
2.Natalie Portman
3.Anne Hataway
4.Evan Rachel Wood
5.Vanessa Hudgens
6.Marisa Tomei

Worst:
1.Miley Cyrus
2.Heidi Klum
3.Freida Pinto
I'm disappointed of Penelope Cruz. Her dress wasn't very bad but I expected more from her. The same with Marion Cotillard..

Best Dressed:
Penelope Cruz (Goddess)
Angelina Jolie
Taraji P. Henson
Marisa Tomei
Anne Hathaway
Melissa George (although she looked like a bride)
Evan Rachel Wood (I wish the dress was a darker colour though)

Worst Dressed:
Miley Cyrus (why was she even there?)
Heidi Klum (same question as above)
Beyonce
Amanda Seyfried

I expected only that will Brad Pitt or Sean Penn get Oscar, at the end was the winner Sean Penn! :clap:
Kate Winsley was earned for the golden statuette. :flower:

I something noticed that many of them wohen wear white dress.

Best dress:

81st_TomeiM_02.jpg
81st_WoodE_01.jpg
81st_CotillardM_01.jpg
81st_ParkerS_01.jpg

Worst dress:

81st_GeorgeM_02.jpg
81st_AdamsA_02.jpg
81st_CruzP_02.jpg
81st_KlumH_02.jpg

oscar

Last edited by a moderator:
Marion Cotillard has to be the most amiable creature on this planet. Her speech about Kate was so endearing, I cried like little baby.
I loved the new way of presenting the acting nominees.
Not a fan of Ledger winning. An Oscar is meant to fulfill a lifetime dream. Anyone nominated in this category was robbed of a dream come true. I know I sound cheesy but given the emotion the winners, not only the actors, translate when they get hold on their Oscars, that's what I love.
Michael Shannon should have won. I have seldomly seen such a compelling performance.

ok, I'm sooooo pissed mickey didn't win...:angry:
On a totally different note I thought Natalie Portman and Jennifer Aniston looked the best...worst was Heidi...she looked like she hasn't washed her hair for days..:ninja:

Best Dressed:
Angelina Jolie (another color would be nice but black suits her)
Marisa Tomei (beautiful dress!)
Anne Hathaway
Kate Winslet
Evan Rachel Wood
Penelope Cruz

Worst Dressed:
Beyonce... ( she looked like Meriah Carrey...)
Heidi Klum
Jessica Biel
Freida Pinto
Amanda Seyfried

I'm struggling to remember but it was i think during the skit with Tina Fey and Steve Martin. I thought they did a great job. Maybe someone else can expand on the actual joke...

Fey: It has been said that to write is to live forever.

Martin: The man who said that is dead.

Fey: Yet, we all know the importance of writing, because every great movie begins with a great screenplay.

Martin: Or, a very good idea for the poster. But usually, with a screenplay.

Fey: And every writer starts with a blank page.

Martin: And every blank page was once a tree.

Fey: And every tree was once a tiny seed.

Martin: And every tiny seed on Earth was placed here by the alien king Rondelay, to foster our titrates and fuel our positive transfers!

Fey: Steve, no one wants to hear about our religion...that we made up.

does anyone know the piano music being played right now during the segment about Documentaries?

Not sure if someone has already answered you, or if you'll even see this, but it was Metamorphosis Two by Philip Glass :heart:

Best Dressed for me:

1. Marion Cotillard
2. Nicole Kidman
3. Marisa Tomei
4. Anne Hathaway
5. Natalie Portman (although I did not care for the hair, and the makeup was a mess upclose...the purple eyeshadow, mistake.)

Worst Dressed:

1. Beyonce
2. Vanessa Hudgens
3. Sarah Jessica Parker (Well, I liked the dress, but the fit on the bodice was utterly unpleasant)
4. Reese Witherspoon
5. Jessica Biel (it did nothing for her *amazing* figure, and the hair was too casual)

Freida wasn't the worst dressed, the color was amazing on her skin tone and she always looks pretty...but i was expecting much more because of her previous gown choices. Penelope's dress was pretty, but her hair I would have preferred in a different style and still think she could have taken it to such another level if she truly wanted to. I wasn't crazy about Amy Adams dress, but the color was great. All and all though, not a lot of huge disasters or huge glamor moments.

The more I look at Kate Winslet's dress the more I realize how hideous it is. I think she's my worst dressed of the night. Seriously, that whole thing was so gross. I really can't understand people who pick her for "best dressed", like are you serious? It's probably because it's OMG KATE.

for me, beyonce and reese were both vile. Amy adams was also pretty hideous.
Marion cotillard was gorgeous, as was natalie portman.

also, SJP looked like she was in drag to me- i dont know if was the make up, the dress or the hair- or maybe just all the work she has had done recently. Not good.

To those of you that didn't see it live - there is a lot of bad lighting going on in the pictures here. They seem to lack warm hues. For example, like I posted last night, Natalie Portmans dress looked like a warmer, Barbieish pink, while in pictures it looks almost purple.

Kate Winslet doesn't look the same either - when I saw her on screen she looked fantastic, but in the pictures it all looks dull and meh. So I can understand why some of us are choosing her a best dressed, while other totally don't get it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->