81st Annual Academy Awards

Best dressed:
Penélope Cruz, Marion Cotillard, Sarah Jessica Parker, Natalie Portman, Taraji P. Henson, Evan Rachel Wood, Halle Berry, Anne Hathaway, Melissa Leo, Sophia Loren (would've looked silly on anyone else), Meryl Streep, Viola Davis, Tina Fey, Jennifer Aniston (hair was cute)

Middle:
Freida Pinto (I still don't know what to think of it), Kate Winslet, Angelina Jolie, Amy Adams, Reese Witherspoon, Vanessa Hudgens, Tilda Swinton, Amanda Seyfried, Marisa Tomei (love the bottom, the top not so much), Nicole Kidman

Worst dressed:
Jessica Biel, Miley Cyrus, Heidi Klum, Beyoncé Knowles, Whoopi Goldberg

Last edited by a moderator:
Tina Fey did look great! She has a smokin' body actually which I often notice on 30 Rock. Glad to see her break it out.

And I'm still obsessed with that little skit about 'The Reader'. SO SO funny. "The Reader.....I didn't see the Reader....because my batmobile took longer than I thought to design...." :rofl: I also loved that he just randomly included the Dark Knight.

^what about the sketch james franco did with that seth rogen! watching that milk scene....hilarious!

:smile:
Best: Freida Pinto - stunning!
Amanda Seyfried - So pretty!
Sarah Jessica Parker - Just amazing
Amy Adams - Pretty dress!
Penelope Cruz - Amazing
Middle: Kate Winslet - Pretty, but nothing exciting
Anne Hathaway - I like it, but the sequin things made it look a bit scaley tbh
Vanessa Hudgens - Pretty but I'm not too keen on the bottom of it
Evan Rachel Wood - Pretty!
Miley Cyrus - Brave for a 16 yr old!
Worst: Meryl Streep - I thought that dress did nothing for her :doh:
Heidi Klum - Just...tacky!
Beyonce - ^ same!
Angelina - Boring
Tilda Swinton - shudder.

such a good year for Oscar
i totally love this new presentation

apart from Zac blah blah blah

salute..

best: Marion Cotillard, Penelope Cruz, Marisa Tomei

middle: Anne Hathaway, Kate Winslet, Freida Pinto

worst: Heidi Klum, Beyonce, Jessica Biel

The ones I liked the most:
1. Marion Cotillard :heart:
2. Nicole Kidman
3. Tilda Swinton

I also liked Kate Winslet's (wonderful speech, I love her!) and Evan Rachel Wood's toilettes.

Although Angelina's dress wasn´t very interesting, I loved the earrings and ring combination...that colour is beautiful!

Last edited by a moderator:
I really enjoyed the show this year:woot:
I had to watch it later but Hugh Jackman did such a great job and Ben Stiller as Joachim Phoenix:lol:

Best dressed for me: Natalie Portman, Nicole Kidman, Penelope Cruz and of course Jennifer Aniston!:heart:

Worst dressed: Angelina, Miley Cirus (she needs to dress her age for once) and Beyonce who was beyond tacky in that House of Dereon thing...

I loved Penelope's speech :heart:... And the part with Heath's family was done simply and tastefully imo. It was pulling on the heartstrings of the actors in the audience though, it was really apparent. The presentation was much better than it seems to have been in a while. Anyone know where to rewatch it online?

Best dressed for me: Natalie Portman, Reese Witherspoon.
And now I suddenly have a huge crush on Hugh Jackman.:lol:

Oh yes I should add Reese and Marion to my best list. Both were stunning last night especially Reese in Rodarte... so different for her!:blush::heart:

Best: Marion Cotillard and Reese (!!!).

Good: Anne Hathaway, Kate Winslet, Amy Adams, Tilda, SJP.

Boring: Angie, Penelope Cruz, Aniston, ERW.

Bad: Amanda S, Natalie Portman, Freida Pinto, Nicole Kidman, Halle Berry.

Worst: Beyonce, Miley, Heidi, Jessica Biel.

I loved the new set, it appeared to be more intimite. But Hugh Jackman was awful, he appeared to be out of his league last night. Maybe he was better at the Tony's but they need to re think about a new presener.The whole song and dance routine with Beyonce was just awful.

oh lord sean penn.

STFU

blah blah blah blah.

maybe he should ditch and run for political seat. i dislike it when celebrities yap about politics.
Like somebody else said he has every right just like you and me to say what his opinion is. Imo its better to talk about things that are important than "thanking this and that and oh I cant believe this happened" type of usual sh*t they say up there.
And Im sooo happy he said something about gay rights, people dont seem to realize homophobes aren't any different than racists.:innocent:

The fact of the matter is, Sean Penn won for portraying a famous gay rights activist who was assassinated; hence, he was moved to speak up for the cause of gay rights. Milk was a film with a political voice, so it is hardly surprising he was political in his speech. Anyone who believes in limiting rights should be ashamed; nothing controversial about saying it, in my opinion.

Kudos to Baz Luhrrmann for directing that big musical number, I thought it was great. A

lso, so happy that Rodarte is finally being worn at the oscars, its about time!

I can't believe he forgot his wife though

Marion's dress was my fave Nicole looked great as well

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rakuskoangel
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->