Alber Elbaz - Designer

Puhhlease gurls, he has been at the helm of Lanvin for so many years, he is very rich now and can do whatever he wants... Everyone has lost his job once.

I just wish that was the saddest thing I had ever read cause that would mean the world is perfect.

Well said!
It's a trouble but not to be soooo sad... and it's too poetic- rain or tears- to be a thruth .IMO

Puhhlease gurls, he has been at the helm of Lanvin for so many years, he is very rich now and can do whatever he wants... Everyone has lost his job once.

I just wish that was the saddest thing I had ever read cause that would mean the world is perfect.

Of course he is using this formula to make people talk, just like he is talking about his "tragedy" but I think he was/is genuinely sad and upset to be sacked by Lanvin like that.

Of course he is using this formula to make people talk, just like he is talking about his "tragedy" but I think he was/is genuinely sad and upset to be sacked by Lanvin like that.

Surely. Alber spent the best years of his creative life there. But he has Money, he has friends, Mr. Renzo Rosso asked him if he is going to start -to make , his
eponymous brand. It seems that Alber is in melancholy mood. He wrote this about himself once on Instagram. It was in this winter, after Lanvin.
But i would like to see him creating again....

Thanks, Nymphaea, that's a version I hadn't seen yet. I will also watch the video--thanks, dodencebt.

He also said he hasn't been able to sketch since he was fired. I didn't realize how upset he was, and it does make me sad. (Feel free to hold your mockery, haters.)

I hope he does something other than high street + couture ... or at least, that anything mainstream he does is good quality in every sense. I thought perhaps he would take up whatever's next in about a year from last October, but it sounds like the impact has been much worse than I suspected :(

Thanks, Nymphaea, that's a version I hadn't seen yet. I will also watch the video--thanks, dodencebt.

He also said he hasn't been able to sketch since he was fired. I didn't realize how upset he was, and it does make me sad. (Feel free to hold your mockery, haters.)

I hope he does something other than high street + couture ... or at least, that anything mainstream he does is good quality in every sense. I thought perhaps he would take up whatever's next in about a year from last October, but it sounds like the impact has been much worse than I suspected :(

Yes, me too.
One of his latest collections , F/W 15-16 , was stunning! Would like to see him work in this way.

tom ford said he went to his ranch in texas and barely got out of bed for 6 mos after being fired from gucci- he was so depressed...

the loss and the grief are real...
it's a shame some people don't have the sensitivity to understand this...
money has nothing to do with it...
it's a completely separate thing...

material vs emotional

it's not about the money...
the people who are only focused on the money or the fame are the real problem with most things in this world...
:rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
It has more to do with ego, power and being something important who makes decisions rather than with money. Buy EVERYONE has lost his job once, and in more difficult circumstances than Elbaz, who is a total privileged man. It's a pitty he was sacked that way, but that's it.

#Firstworldproblems... Siiiighhh:ermm:

...It would be nice if those of us who do empathize with a designer who matters to us (and to the fashion world at large) could simply be left in peace to express what we want to express about the latest news, in the mild way we're doing.

i repeat...it's a shame...

shame shame shame...

the fact is- if we didn't care about fashion and the designers, we wouldn't be posting on this forum, but we don't need to be told that there are more serious things going on in the world...

Indeed, I'm with fashionista-ta and softgrey here. Others are free to articulate their cynicism, but I don't think that gives anyone the right to be condescending toward the expression of genuine sadness. Then again, compassion is an increasingly rare commodity in this day and age.

Christian Lacroix: 'I am sad for Alber [Elbaz], because he did not deserve this. If I had been told that I was stopping the house of Lacroix, and asked who I saw as a follower in the era, for me, it would be Alber. I felt very close to him, and I would love to see him doing Lacroix or Chanel.'

Source: http://fashionweekdaily.com/its-lacroix-sweetie/

Is Alber Elbaz Joining Uniqlo?
By WWD Staff
July 21, 2016

HONG KONG — Could Alber Elbaz — master of the hand-draped, no-seam cocktail dress — be considering a dalliance with fast fashion?

According to sources, Lanvin’s former creative director has held discussions with Japan’s Fast Retailing Ltd., parent of the Uniqlo brand. It is understood talks have centered on some form of collaboration. The likelihood of a deal could not immediately be learned. A Fast Retailing spokesman declined to comment. Elbaz also declined to comment.

In recent years, Uniqlo has done collaborations with designers Christophe Lemaire and Jil Sander, and French fashion personalities Ines de la Fressange and Carine Roitfeld.

Elbaz, ousted from Lanvin last October after a stellar 14-year tenure, has done a string of speaking engagements, but has yet to indicate his future career intentions.

It is understood he is still embroiled in a legal battle with Lanvin over his ownership stake in the French company, held indirectly via an entity controlled by Lanvin majority owner Shaw-Lan Wang.

Once source said the parties — which have already sparred in court — have agreed to an arbitration procedure to determine the value of Elbaz’s stake.

While Elbaz never elaborated on his departure, sources said the rupture came following disagreements between the charismatic Israeli designer and company principles: Wang and chief executive officer Michèle Huiban.

Elbaz has since been replaced at Lanvin by Bouchra Jarrar, who is to present her first collection on the runway at the end of September. Her pre-spring collection was only showed to retailers.

Source: http://wwd.com/fashion-news/fashion-scoops/alber-elbaz-next-uniqlo-collaboration-lanvin-10493859/

Oscar De La Renta interested in Alber Elbaz

:woot::woot::woot::woot:

Autumn is upon us, and the game of musical chairs has begun again in earnest at many fashion labels. Oscar De La Renta has apparently set its sights on Alber Elbaz, to appoint him Creative Director in the aftermath of Peter Copping's resignation.

The latter, who was head of the New York ready-to-wear brand's creative directorship in October 2014, threw in the towel last July, "personal reasons forcing him to return to Europe."

According to Milan daily paper MF Fashion, Alber Elbaz was approached by the US fashion label, which is apparently keen on him starting with the Autumn/Winter 2017-18 season. The Spring/Summer 2017 collection, due to show in New York on 12th September, has in fact been created by an internal design team.

A first contact was reportedly made in the last few weeks between Alber Elbaz and the CEO of Oscar De La Renta, Alex Bolen, through Anna Wintour.

The Director of Vogue USA is among the main supporters of the US-Israeli designer, who last October was dismissed from the post of Creative Director of Lanvin, where he worked for 14 years. Wintour was always a close friend of Oscar De La Renta, who died in 2014.

Both the designer and the fashion label have declined to comment. With his glittering style, Alber Elbaz would no doubt sparkle at Oscar De La Renta, famous among other things for its glamorous gowns.

via http://us.fashionnetwork.com/news/Oscar-De-La-Renta-interested-in-Alber-Elbaz,724332.html

Nooo, i want him to have his own line.

I like this idea a lot ... and although there's family at the company, I have never gotten the impression that anyone is diva-ish a la Pierre Berge or Madame Wang.

Interesting....
Time will tell if Alber is ready to leave Paris.
He can do it. He has a great sense of color, the socialite loves him and he can really bring back a certain youth to the house. Plus, he is good at brideswear.

I still like the idea of him for a french fashion house or his own house.
Hedi lives in NYC, Raf moved to NYC and soon Alber?:huh:

Alber will certainly thrive at ODLR but I also really want him to create his own line. I'm dying to see his own visions without ties to any fashion houses! :heart:

^ In theory, I agree ... but this experience of getting fired was very difficult for him ... he said in a panel discussion not long ago that he hasn't been able to sketch since, and it had been the better part of a year.

Probably nothing is more challenging than launching your own house ... I think he needs to be in a more supportive position as his next move.

I want this to happen. And now! I have a soft spot for ODLR and it definitely deserves to be in the spotlight. Who better than Alber? It's a perfect match. Lanvin was getting stale towards the end. Maybe this will reignite his passion again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ross640
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->