Alber Elbaz for Acne jeans

Has Alber ever worked with denim? I don't really see the point of this colloboration especially if it's costing $$$

acne jeans are already so pricy...with alber it will be $$$$$ , jeans are soooo over rated , now ...its over kill now

I am not familiar with Acne price range but I once went to a shop that sells them for £79 and you get 50% on top of that. I didn't get it as I thought it was too good to be true!

:heart:

I really wish he would lend his talents to some other less expensive cause

^or something not as generic as demin
because, lets not kid ourselves, one can only go so far with jeans

Will this line be on the runway at the same time as his rtw collection? I just hope it looks better than Chanel's constant foray into denim :yuk: I'm curious to see the shapes he'll produce. I'm waiting for some denim that isn't bootcut, skinny, wide-leg, or carrot-like. I'm sure the fabric has some potential for an interesting treatment.

Sooooooo random......... all these collabos are just so thrown all over the place... noooooo :doh:

fabulous! alber elbaz is my fave, so he would do good in that acne jeans collaboration.

i'm a little torn, at one end i agree with stella and disco. my initial reaction was dissappointment; it's another designer jean...

on the other hand and what i think we can all expect more of is, collaborations. you see it a lot in street wear, but i think it'll start to fuse itself into higher fashion that may create some things never seen before.

good post neverthless

lets not kid ourselves, one can only go so far with jeans

I hope he'll prove you wrong baddabling, but whatever Alber is, he's no Nicolas Ghesquiere ..in terms of inventiveness imo so I think you're right..
It's depressing that this, given the price point, looks to be a collaboration that's just going to target fashion victims, because who else would pay an obscene amount for a pair of jeans ?

vvvverrryyyy intriguing
Can't wait to see how this turns out
I hope he experiments with colors

^or something not as generic as demin
because, lets not kid ourselves, one can only go so far with jeans

I disagree, denim can actually be very complex and detailed.
There is of course one, the grade and feel of the denim (whether to keep it pure cotton or add lycra, stretch, metallic threading, etc etc)
Then there is the treatment (whether it be faded or over dyed or distressed and then just how far of each will you go)
Then the color and shape and detailing.
Denim is the same as any other garment, the possibilities are very wide.
Just a little creativity is needed.

when can we see pics so we can make accurate judgements?

I disagree, denim can actually be very complex and detailed.
There is of course one, the grade and feel of the denim (whether to keep it pure cotton or add lycra, stretch, metallic threading, etc etc)
Then there is the treatment (whether it be faded or over dyed or distressed and then just how far of each will you go)
Then the color and shape and detailing.
Denim is the same as any other garment, the possibilities are very wide.
Just a little creativity is needed.

Denim can definitely be complex and detailed, but I can't say that Acne are doing complex or detailed denim. The formulas they use seem very basic, and as most Swedish denim brands they do not seem to use any of the more advanced wash houses. I have nothing against clean denim, but there is a limit to what one can charge for a practically non-treated wash. However, I could be proven wrong and I'm excited to see what comes out of this. But I would also have to say that I think this collaboration is an amazing deal for Acne, but I can't really see what Lanvin can gain from this in terms of brand equity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blondblondblond
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->