Alexander Wang F/W 07.08 NYC

peacelover142002

go red sox
Reaction score
NEW YORK, February 3, 2007 – For his second full ready-to-wear show, Alexander Wang focused on a combination of eighties hip-hop and seventies Parisian chic, channeling Run-D.M.C. and YSL simultaneously. As unlikely a mix as those influences are, Wang managed to pull off a modern and polished, not to mention commercially viable, collection.

A dense crowd turned up at an abandoned Hell's Kitchen warehouse to applaud slim cropped-at-the-ankle leather pants with a hint of biker about them, and a silk crepe T-shirt dress studded at the hem. The green matte-paillette shirtdress or the pleated gray silk strapless number would be fun for a party-girl night out, paired with a little fur jacket for Uptown or an olive anorak for Down. Wang, who first made his name with his line of cashmere knits, is off to a strong start.

– Joanna Rodger

00010m.jpg
00020m.jpg
00030m.jpg

00040m.jpg
00050m.jpg
00060m.jpg

style.com

There are definitely some nice pieces here, like the grey sweater and white pants, the white T-shirt dress with gold studs at the bottom, and the floaty grey and navy dress.

I like quite a bit of it, though soem pieces dont look like they're from the same collection.

Also, those gold sandals w/ black stockings...God, please. NO

i have no idea why, but i like the show... maybe because i like the styling.

i like it a lot!! but there's a bit of last-season-paris-collections feeling...too bad!

i like it i like it i like it - tho mayb not as much as his last collection - this seems to be taking a diff direction

I liked the medieval-looking tunics and the shorts, even the shorts jumpsuit (jumpsuits are a trend I've seen in several shows now), but definitely not the very wide trousers.

I like some of it, the short skirts look really good.

I love it! He has tremendous potential and is definitely going to get big. He is so consistant

hye must hav been a bigh fan of those 80s/90s sitcoms fortunately he got the good elements from them

samey,if you ask me. daryl k. has been doing this for ages....

Scott, snap! As I was scrolling down the page I was thinking Daryl K as well....! I loved Wang's debut collection so I guess this is a case of sophomore struggle......

I do like some of it though...the tailored grey jacket is lovely.

i like it alot, i think it's consistent and reflects his personal taste which is not bad at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rare
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->