vdcrw1.png

nmmazl.png
nrmvd.png

fla3v5.png

gettyimages.com

I can't feel the couture vibe from it.
Otherwise, it's pretty good.

Alexandre, how I've missed thou :wub:
Such a sweet take on couture.. he's a highly skilled creator and going from being quite independent to staging a couture collection must be very challenging but this couldn't be more representative of his work.. it looks very carefully constructed, I hope some HQs come up soon to appreciate the details.

miu miu?? they were doing this sort of stuff way back in the early 00's....before miuccia decided it was cool.

so happy to they're back on the map again. i am so with you mullet....how i missed thou :heart: their 3-d affects with materials and prints....the silhouette...the whimsy...

I didn't know this designer but i like it, i really like it.

http://www.style.com/fashionshows/powersearch?designer=design_house121

Alexandre Matthieu is a duo composed of Alexandre Morgado and Matthieu Bureau, two Paris based designers who founded their house a decade ago. They began garnering attention when Icelandic singer Björk donned one of their dresses to the Cannes Film Festival in 2000. Known for a quirky, artsy look, Alexandre Matthieu has received grants from both the French ministry of culture and sponsorship from LVMH, the world’s biggest luxury goods conglomerate.

full article here-
http://www.fashionwiredaily.com/first_word/news/article.weml?id=2634

trying to find a proper bio for you guys...

ALEXANDRE MATTHIEU

Alexandre Matthieu won the 1999 Hyères Fashion Festival. They finally established their reputation when Björk appeared at the Cannes film festival wearing one of their creations. On the evening of the presentation of their new autumn/winter collection we asked Alexandre Morgado, one half of the French partnership that is Alexandre Matthieu, about.

...their collaboration
"It started when we were at school. Matthieu and I were in the same class. After school we followed our own, different paths for a while. But we picked up the thread again in 1998 for the Hyères Fashion Festival. After our success, we thought to ourselves if we don't do it now we never will. Let's take a chance. What's it like working as a partnership? It's great. You've got two heads, four arms... No really, even designers who are solo in name don't work entirely alone. There is always someone working at the background for every designer. With us, it's just more obvious."

.the role of prints in their work
"Although we never set out with that intention, prints always end up having a place in our work. It's the same with the new collection. Personally, I see it as a way of telling the story of the collection. In fact, this is the first time we have worked with Print Unlimited. Why did we choose to work with them? Because of the technical possibilities of their products. You start primarily with a design, but it must be possible to realise technically, what you've got in mind. Using Print Unlimited means increasing our technical possibilities and therefore our creative freedom."

...their success
"Success has nothing to do with money, your ego or being famous. After the festival in Cannes a lot of shops were interested in Björk's dress. But that dress was unique, for a unique person and a unique occasion. We decided not to go down that route. Having our own business and our own label gives us the freedom to create what we want and to do what we're good at. For us that's important. If it was all about ego, we wouldn't be working as a team."

*http://www.printunlimited.nl/newsletter/2003_01_en.html

the play on textures is quite good as well as the silhouettes... another interesting name to watch out for during HTC season.

This is so up my alley, I need the feather dress! The bridal (it sure looks like one, the model wearing the veil) is definitely unique, I love the black tulle underlayer.

AMAZING! the black and white with embroided(?) crystals in the wavy, peacock feather pattern dresses are soooooo amazing i luv! :smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thefashionfetishist
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->