Allure April 2010 : Carrie Underwood by Carter Smith

Not being American, this is the most boring Allure cover I've seen for some time; I'm not that acquainted with her, and that shot wouldn't persuade me that I'm missing out. If there's two decent editorials, I'll look past it, but if the issue is as thin as recent ones have been, then I'm sadly going to have to think twice.

That cover could be Hilary Duff, Molly Sims, J-lo...etc. Carrie is already bland. Why not try to make her stand out on the cover instead of blend into a mish-mash of other celebrities?

That cover could be Hilary Duff, Molly Sims, J-lo...etc. Carrie is already bland. Why not try to make her stand out on the cover instead of blend into a mish-mash of other celebrities?
Couldn't agree more. After all, Allure is a beauty magazine, so they should try to beautify their cover stars.

Photographed by Carter Smith
Fashion editor: Paul Cavaco

allure

I agree its rather bland they could have done much better

Heidi Klum has an editorial. Source popsugar.com
f2efad68efaa4879heidikl.jpg

ix4azc.jpg
2qa70w5.jpg

Heidi Klum wasn't hiding much in the April issue of Allure. If you thought Gisele's shoot was daring, Heidi put on her swimsuit, shaving cream, or pretty much nothing to show off her post-baby body for the magazine. She's bounced right back after she and Seal welcomed their daughter Lou back in October, and up next they're prepping for their latest vow renewal ceremony. Heidi opened up about how she keeps her skin and body in great shape, saying:
  • On staying out of the sun: "I learned not to go in the sun early on in my career. A tan lasts for a week or two before it fades, and the sun is so damaging—it's not worth it. I put sunscreen on my kids every day before school and before they play outside. They know the routine."
  • On her love of milk: "You have to think about your whole body when you think about aging. In general, you have to be strong—and that starts with nutrition. I have a glass of milk with dinner every night. When I'm pregnant, I drink a liter of whole milk a day—my trainer would say that's crazy, but it works for me."
  • On avoiding stretch marks: "I didn't get stretch marks during my pregnancies, and I wasn't even moisturizing myself like a maniac."
  • On having fun with her kids: "I'm quite energetic, and I also have sweet children who don't care that I just had another kid. They want to be into things and be loved and go in Ma's bed when they get up early in the morning. So I'm always juggling the family and life with my husband."

I rather liked the first shot until my mind interpreted that shape on her leg as a giant spider.

"The New Age"
Ph: Michael Thompson
Model: Heidi Kum

"Shadow Play"
Ph: Ben Hassett
Model: Olga Maliouk, Siri Tollerod & Ana Leticia

"Hair Force"
Ph: Nicolas Moore
Model: Anastasjia Kondratjeva, Natty & Gracie Carvalho

"Short Story"
Ph: Patrick Demarchelier
Model: Chanel Iman

^_^

Heidi's shaving cream concept has already been used on Cindy Crawford last year.

This seems to be a really packed issue. Would love to see Chanel's ed. Thanks for the review, designer<3er.

Short Story is the only fashion editorial. The rest just wasn't good enough. I didn't buy it.

Chanel's ed is the typical studio shot ed
same background as Maryna's last month except Chanel
is jumping and smiling..she looks nice though I just didnt buy it

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->