Allure February 2010 : Beyoncé by Michael Thompson

so that last time allure used a full body shot was with fergie...who isn't exactly blessed with a pretty face...:ninja:

And I always thought I was the only one who always saw the ugly in Fergie's face. :lol:

I wouldn't be surprised if Beyoncé herself had a lot to do with this particular choice of cover shot. At any rate, the styling is very typical for her, and she loves to show off that leg everywhere, whether it's appropriate or not. While there's nothing wrong with showing a bit of leg per se, I must say I, for one, was annoyed to the brink of a brain freeze when she insisted on pushing out that thigh at the 2007 Academy Awards for every single God forsaken shot. :rolleyes:

As a cover shot, it isn't that awful, but as a cover shot of Beyoncé, it's rather old. Never mind the overexposure of Beyoncé's legs, it's her expression and bad hair that kills it for me. She even looks a little cross-eyed here, though that might just be the size of the preview that's throwing me off.

In the end what it boils down to is this -- does this cover make me want to buy this issue? And no, it doesn't. Though I don't fail to appreciate Allure coming out with a different kind of cover in this way, I fear it has more to do with their choice of cover star than any real desire to come out with something new. :yuk:

(That's a gorgeous[!!] earlier Allure cover from Beyoncé, though, VickiB! She looks so much more beautiful less sexed up, letting her personality shine through. I'm surprised to see there actually was a time when she could come out with something like that. Thanks for posting! :flower:)

The cover's not bad, but it isn't anything extraordinary either. Personally, I like Allure's usual close up shots of their cover girls than full body shots.

I agree, Beyonce needs a makeover. Not that she isn't beautiful, but her style has been pretty much the same for years. She needs to change hairstyles, hair color or something.

I like it! Different from their past covers

I like that Allure went with the full body shot instead of the cliche celeb headshot.

(That's a gorgeous[!!] earlier Allure cover from Beyoncé, though, VickiB! She looks so much more beautiful less sexed up, letting her personality shine through. I'm surprised to see there actually was a time when she could come out with something like that. Thanks for posting! :flower:)

So agree with you. She's sometimes trying too much to be like everybody popsinger... sexy kitten. She was so cool with her big curly hair (back in Austin Powers time). She was sexy but one of a kind. I like it too when she has bangs.

even tho i dont like beyonce at all.... i like the pose. it's something different.

And I always thought I was the only one who always saw the ugly in Fergie's face. :lol:

She used to have a pretty face. :innocent:

...I don't think I like the cover. But maybe it's that I don't like Beyonce in that position on the cover - but I'm not sure who could pull it off?

Gorgeous, sexy, fierce, amazing, stunning, etc.

You are hard to please. She's one of the most photogenic woman in the world.

im not hard to please i just dont think she is any type of "Sasha Fierce" her photogenic "skills" have always been relying on the make-up

I agree with TREVOFASHIONISTO. I don't think Beyonce is particularly photogenic either. I think it's because i expect someone as attractive as her to pull off something much more eyecatching, but she's always boring in pictures, despite the make up and/or styling and including the fact that all the pictures i've seen of her have range. I've seenwomen who aren't even as remotely attractive as Beyonce take pictures ten times better.

She's definitely one hell of a performer, but her performance in front of a camera is weak.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with TREVOFASHIONISTO. I don't think Beyonce is particularly photogenic either. I think it's because i expect someone as attractive as her to pull off something much more eyecatching, but she's always boring in pictures, despite the make up and/or styling and including the fact that all the pictures i've seen of her have range. I've seenwomen who aren't even as remotely attractive as Beyonce take pictures ten times better.

She's definitely one hell of a performer, but her performance in front of a camera is weak.

You're right about something. Beyoncé's Sasha Fierce persona is a bit fake.

About Bee's make-up... I think all models and actresses are not as photogenic without make-up and good lightning.

I still think that's it's one of the most naturally photogenic girl (with such a beautiful smile).

BUT that cover is far not her best at all.

I'm right about something? Lol. You missed the point.

You're right about something. Beyoncé's Sasha Fierce persona is a bit fake.

About Bee's make-up... I think all models and actresses are not as photogenic without make-up and good lightning.

I still think that's it's one of the most naturally photogenic girl (with such a beautiful smile).

BUT that cover is far not her best at all.
Yes I don't think Beyoncé needs a lot to look pretty, most of the time they make her look so overdone and unnatural, but this is alright.
Anything's better then Fergie, that just can never go right.
Though her legs look very flat, almost like the cover of the magazine is made out of glass and she's pressed against it 0_o
Someone was a little over-enthousiastic with PS.

The cover is quite nice and I don't mind the fact that Beyoncé likes to show off her assets, like her legs. I hope the inside content is good. It has been so in the last months.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->