Allure May 2022 : Hailey Bieber by Zoey Grossman

I thought I was going to see her with the brown hair. An editorial where she's styled in earth tones to match that hair colour might be interesting.

Instead, we get this bubblegum pink approach, which will attract attention, but in recent times Allure has produced too many covers that seem designed to appeal to young teenagers - does this title really have anything else to offer, other than cover images created for social media?

Hailey dear, you've been modeling since 2014... It's a considerable amount of time to answer the question everyone wants to know: When are you going to show something good?

It really looks like bubblegums. I want to buy some after that (gums, not the mag)

As with almost everything Hailey has shot in her modeling career, it looks cheap

Hailey dear, you've been modeling since 2014... It's a considerable amount of time to answer the question everyone wants to know: When are you going to show something good?
.. or, look remotely aspirational, prototype-esque as the ‘Supermodel’ term suggests lol. Funny you only have to walk like 3 runway shows in your life to be called a Supermodel..

She looks terrible.. she looked good in the POP cover.. they need to get creative with that difficult mouth shape she has, and of course that limited ‘range’, otherwise you end up with this..

She explains inside the issue why she stopped doing runway shows:

447BD054-C42B-451C-90D3-424CDC272FE4.jpeg

Screenshot from JustJared.

She explains inside the issue why she stopped doing runway shows:

That's the number one problem with celebri-models.
The job is not about them, it's about showing the product.
Modeling even for the legit super models is 97% rejection. Even the biggest in the industry will tell you stories of being turned down for jobs all throughout their careers.
I think I'll have a séance and contact Diana Vreeland. 'Guide us, Diana!'
Anyhow, the cover lacks vitality.

SKIN IN THE GAME
Photography:
Zoey Grossman
Styling: Coco Cassibba
Hair: Bryce Scarlett
Make-up: Kali Kennedy
Model: Hailey Bieber

Allure Digital Edition

THE A-TEAM
Photography:
Christian Cody
Styling: Mecca James-Williams
Hair: Nasetia Windham
Make-up: Tatiana Kazana
Models: Jaycina Almond & Kiana Baldon

Allure Digital Edition

That's the number one problem with celebri-models.
The job is not about them, it's about showing the product.
Modeling even for the legit super models is 97% rejection. Even the biggest in the industry will tell you stories of being turned down for jobs all throughout their careers.
I think I'll have a séance and contact Diana Vreeland. 'Guide us, Diana!'
Anyhow, the cover lacks vitality.

I watched Isabeli’s Diary of a Model by Vogue and her videos in her channel. She shares her stories of rejection and bad experiences in the modeling industry. Sometimes I think to myself, how could anybody reject someone like Isabeli who has THAT face and body, those eyes. This industry is ruthless, if you don’t have the mentality for it, better do something else. She also says during her time models didn’t really have a say to what people do to them and she really took everything by herself. I like Isabeli, such a rockstar. This nepo model can never compare to those who crawl from the bottom.

I think I'll have a séance and contact Diana Vreeland. 'Guide us, Diana!'.

Forget Diana! Even Grace Mirabella would be great at this point! We shouldn't ask too much from the fashion gods. :lol:

This is the best cover Allure has produced since... Jennifer Lopez for March 2021. Despite the questionable hair, I like the overload of pink which feels fresh, clean and appropriate for May cover. Never minded the sight of Hailey Bieber either, to be completely honest...

She's just not a runway model and I'm sure someone told her something along those lines and she didn't like it. Anyway, the cover is ok, I like the fifth picture from the editorial.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->