Alyssa Sutherland

Celebrating Success
Photographer: Todd Barry
Magazine: Vogue Australia September 2009

scans by rox_yr_sox

just now I saw her on Austr.next top model and she attracted my attention so I came here. and not disappointed of her at all!

Alyssa is an Ambassador for the 30 Days of Fashion & Beauty! Lots of pictures and a short Q&A here - http://30daysoffashionandbeauty.com.au/ - I'll upload some later tonight, don't have time right now.

There's also an editorial in this week's Aus Grazia featuring Alyssa wearing dresses that are to be auctioned to raise money for charity.

Yay! :D

From the book "In Vogue - 50 Years of Australian Style".

Details as per the scans.

Scans by me.

Ooh I was wondering if she'd crop up in that book! Those are my very favourite editorials of hers, great to see them in there - thanks so much for your time in scanning them for us! :heart:

Noticed last night she has two more Modelfeed posts, including a short vid on creating that Grazia shoot. Am at work today so will scan it all - work's been crazy lately so haven't been able to do it so far. :smile:

Last edited by a moderator:
All from zimbio.com..

30+Days+Fashion+VIP+Dinner+Quay+inV--ECGCwNl.jpg

30+Days+Fashion+VIP+Dinner+Quay+bamh4Dn35Nfl.jpg

30+Days+Fashion+VIP+Dinner+Quay+7Wds_Ku-ABul.jpg

30+Days+Fashion+VIP+Dinner+Quay+fjtfyE5FbuZl.jpg

30+Days+Fashion+VIP+Dinner+Quay+yJUfJx5rEPXl.jpg

30+Days+Fashion+VIP+Dinner+Quay+M8MOq6onsftl.jpg

30+Days+Fashion+Magazines+Go+Live+Day+2+B3U0mCP0g_cl.jpg

30+Days+Fashion+Beauty+2009+Melbourne+Launch+1xLR6qFw5gRl.jpg

30+Days+Fashion+Beauty+2009+Melbourne+Launch+RRhWb181yb3l.jpg

30+Days+Fashion+Beauty+2009+Melbourne+Launch+sUUAbFgdG__l.jpg

30+Days+Fashion+Beauty+2009+Melbourne+Launch+1Pmki0zVTNul.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
From the Grazia blog...... http://grazia.ninemsn.com.au/blog.aspx?blogentryid=452786&showcomments=true

Fashionshoot_PinkDresses_Aug31_blog.jpg

A 4am pick-up from your inner-city hotel to drive to Cronulla would make anyone a little grumpy, but Alyssa Sutherland isn’t showing a hint of it – for an international model, I guess constant travel comes with the job! There’s time for a little chit-chat with the crew and a rest until we arrive, still in the dark, at the Cronulla Surf Life Saving Club in Sydney’s south, our shoot location for the day. The mission? To shoot 13 gorgeous pink dresses especially commissioned for 30 Days of Fashion & Beauty, which will be auctioned in aid of Fashion Targets Breast Cancer.

Click here for exclusive behind-the-scenes pics from Alyssa’s Angel fashion shoot for

First, some food and coffee, then hair and makeup starts. The crew come alive chatting about the difference between Australian and American pronunciation (Alyssa is now based full-time in New York and our photographer, Harold David, is American:( coffee, cinnamon, cell phones, all the big topics are covered (it’s 5am, after all!). Harold announces the sun is rising, so it’s into the first dress and onto the cold sand we go! We have a lot to get through this morning. In and out of the surf club, we whirl through shooting all the dresses – from goddess-like maxi lengths to fab little minis, and a full-on ball gown for the finale. It’s all a bit like a dream…

Alyssa says she has another shoot today, so she gets through the last shots, changes and off she runs to the studio. Wow, what a day – and all before 1pm!!!

Fashionshoot_PinkDresses_Aug31_02.jpg

Fashionshoot_PinkDresses_Aug31_03.jpg

Fashionshoot_PinkDresses_Aug31_04.jpg

Fashionshoot_PinkDresses_Aug31_05.jpg

Fashionshoot_PinkDresses_Aug31_06.jpg

Fashionshoot_PinkDresses_Aug31_07.jpg

Fashionshoot_PinkDresses_Aug31_08.jpg

Fashionshoot_PinkDresses_Aug31_09.jpg

Fashionshoot_PinkDresses_Aug31_10.jpg

Fashionshoot_PinkDresses_Aug31_11.jpg

Fashionshoot_PinkDresses_Aug31_13.jpg

Fashionshoot_PinkDresses_Aug31_14.jpg

Fashionshoot_PinkDresses_Aug31_15.jpg

Fashionshoot_PinkDresses_Aug31_16.jpg

grazia.ninemsn.com.au

Some from the news.com.au gallery I've not seen before......

For 30 Day of Fashion
0,,6937594,00.jpg

0,,6937440,00.jpg

For launch of RUSSH Magazine
0,,6937472,00.jpg

Prior to the finals of the 1997 Girlfriend Model Search that she won!
0,,6937458,00.jpg

White Shirt Campaign party
0,,6937447,00.jpg

2009 RAFW Diet Coke 'Little Black Dress' show
0,,6937443,00.jpg

news.com.au

Golly, am on a roll today - an interview from May this year at Capital City Pretty!

http://capitalcitypretty.com/2009/05/interviewing-alyssa-sutherland/

From the comment on this earlier post here seems it was set up by the folk at Model Feed where Alyssa has made a few blog posts.

Interviewing Alyssa Sutherland
May 14, 2009 | Fashion |

What is your first fashion memory and what were you wearing?
There’s far too many cringe worthy moments! I do remember that I had a pair of polka dotted pants that I insisted upon wearing with a striped shirt when I was about 4 or 5. That’s pretty bad! I thought I was very fashion forward.

Are there any kids who bullied you in school now trying to be-friend you on Facebook?
Nobody can ask to be my friend on facebook. I set up my profile to be very private - I’m the only one that can “friend” somebody.

What is your most memorable photoshoot to date?
It’s so difficult to choose just one, I’ve been working for a while now! The ones that stand out are because of the locations - Harper’s Bazaar in India, Peter Alexander in Tanzania, and right now I’m on a Braun TV commercial in Slovenia.

As a comeback queen, what is the secret to staying in Vogue?
Comeback queen? I didn’t know I was one! I think it’s very important these days to have a good head on your shoulders, be respectful, easygoing and professional.

With a Lenny Kravitz filmclip, an Australian documentary about model life and featuring in movies such as “The Devil Wears Prada” and upcoming “Don’t Look Up” and webisode series “Huge” are you hoping to do more acting?
Absolutely. I’ve really enjoyed the acting work I’ve done so far, and I’m hopeful I can build a successful career out of it.

Any other projects on the horizon?
There is a possibility the webisode series will be going back into production so we can shoot a whole season. I’m crossing my fingers we get the money!

Australian meat pie of New York Pizza?
Aussie meat pie. Hands down.

Does anyone in your family have an Alyssa scrap book with proud photos and articles?
Yes! My sister made me some a few years back. It is one of the best gifts I’ve received.

Do you have any favorite Australian labels that you stock up on while you are back visiting?
Bonds undies! I also really like Kirrily Johnston and Scanlan and Theodore.

Back in Australia for Fashion Week to walk exclusively for Kirrily Johnston did you have time to catch any other shows?
I got to see the Diet Coke show and Gary Begini. The Diet Coke show was a real event - lots of fun and great to see so many versions of the “little black dress”. Gary Begini was beautiful - great basics with a twist.

Thanks to Ben at modelfeed I got to interview one of my all time favourite models! Check out what Alyssa and other amazing models, Australian and International are up to daily on the coolest multi-blog: modelfeed. Not easy to get holiday snaps, behind the scene shots and party pics from supers… definitely rivals Coco’s.

Can't remember if I've posted this one - Chic girls' dinner in NY, posted by Pania Rose on her Model Feed blog - here.

dscf1717-457x342.jpg

modelfeed.com/chic-dinner

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jobrams
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->