Alyssa Sutherland

Ooh and she opened and closed Kirrily Johnston's show at RAFW! Awesome to see her back on the catwalk.. will try and dig up some pics. She was sitting front row at the Little Black Dress show too.

Who knew the unassuming Kirrily Johnston had so many famous and fabulous friends? The designer’s show turned out to be a hot ticket with model Alyssa Sutherland opening and closing. Emma Lung, Miranda Otto, Miss Connie from Sneaky Sound System and a band member from Thirsty Merc (letting lose on the PDAs with someone we can only assume was his girlfriend) were all sitting front row. But the real star of the show was the clothes. It was a fairly typical collection for the designer; a muted palette with a highlight colour (this season it’s orange), slouchy pants and billowy draped and ruched creations that somehow always managed to look flattering on the female body. Colourful patchwork knits also added a lovely texture to the range. And her clothes had the charisma to distract from the PDAs going on in the front row. Thanks Kirrily.[/quote

[all from grazia.ninemsn.com.au]

kirrily01.jpg

Kirrily18.jpg

Kirrily41.jpg

More Kirrily Johnstone backstage, from gettyimages.com

86276019.jpg

86275989.jpg

Alyssa has posts on modelfeed.com, a kind of models' twitter! Love the pole dancing vid!

http://modelfeed.com/author/alyssa/

All pics from modelfeed.com!

strike-a-pose.jpg

sami-ugly-phil-i-457x327.jpg

me-ursula-457x257.jpg

me-morgan1-457x368.jpg

sausage-roll-457x257.jpg

img_2509sm.jpg

img_2356sm1.jpg

img_2438sm1.jpg

She wasn't in this week's Grazia for some reason, very disappointed, but searched Factiva for the first time in donks and found some recent entries. What a bummer she didn't make it onto Gossip Girl! Stupid visa. Am keen to know what the new campaign is....... ^_^

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Model out for a new act
Luke Dennehy
207 words
3 May 2009
Sunday Herald Sun
1 - FIRST
English
Copyright 2009 News Ltd. All Rights Reserved

ONE of Australia's most successful models Alyssa Sutherland is looking to make a career in acting.

Sutherland, 27, shone during the week at the Rosemount Australian Fashion Week in the Kirrily Johnson parade. I thought she had personality on the catwalk -- unlike many of her contemporaries.

The word is Sutherland was set for a role on the big US hit show Gossip Girl, but had the wrong visa so couldn't take the role.

She had a brief role in The Devil Wears Prada.

``I'm old in model years,'' she said.

``I'm trying to conquer the world a little bit more than that now. I'm studying acting in New York and waiting for a great role.

``I want to work really hard now. I want to use my head, I need a new challenge.''

Fairytale end to this yarn
Shelly Horton
1389 words
3 May 2009
Sun Herald

First
English
© 2009 Copyright John Fairfax Holdings Limited. www.smh.com.au [http://www.smh.com.au]

THE DIARY BEHIND CELEBRITY LINES

Model Behaviour: Alyssa Sutherland was a knock out on the Kirrily Johnston runway but zipped her lips about a secret new campaign she's shooting while Down Under. Stay tuned all will be revealed soon.

Sydney Confidential
Annette Sharp, additional reporting: Marcus Casey, Joel Christie and Jen Melocco
852 words
5 May 2009
Daily Telegraph

1 - State
English
Old model ready to act up a little

* ALTHOUGH her sassy personality shone on Kirrily Johnson's runway at Rosemount Australian Fashion Week, Alyssa Sutherland has declared she is ``old in model years'' and is turning her good looks to acting. While whispers say the 27-year-old landed a role on Gossip Girl but had to pull out because of visa issues, she longs for something a little more challenging than cruising down a catwalk. ``I want to use my head, I want to work really hard now,'' she said.

Sydney Confidential
Annette Sharp, additional reporting: Marcus Casey, Joel Christie and Jen Melocco
1812 words
25 April 2009
Daily Telegraph

1 - State
English
Scratch Kristy

* PUTTING the cat into catwalk, Alyssa Sutherland had her claws out on live radio yesterday, taking a sneaky scratch at fellow model and newlywed Kristy Hinze. In an interview with Ugly Phil and Sami Lukis on Triple M, Sutherland, who this week returned from her New York home base, was asked if she was seeing any 60-year-old men, a la Hinze and her billionaire husband Jim Clark, who is 65. ``No, my career is still going strong so I don't have to do that yet,'' was her reply. Meow.

Maternal mind of a model agent
Kelsey Munro
1822 words
25 April 2009
The Sydney Morning Herald

First
English
© 2009 Copyright John Fairfax Holdings Limited. www.smh.com.au [http://www.smh.com.au]
Chic was a pioneer in having an in-house publicist (Ward) who builds media profiles for the models to parlay into a second career. "More than anyone else I've met, Ursula's thinking about longevity and a real career for us," says the Brisbane-born model Alyssa Sutherland, who now lives in New York. Hufnagl discovered her in 1997. "It's not just short-term goals with her; she's always thinking long-term - five, six years from now. She makes you think about it as a business."

Sutherland stayed at Hufnagl's home, rent-free, for five weeks when she moved to Sydney to work, aged 16. Hufnagl and Ward often act as surrogate parents to new models. "We like to keep that family atmosphere in their lives," Hufnagl says.

Home-grown and world-class fashion
By RACHEL BROWNE
216 words
26 April 2009
Sun Herald

First
English

THE likes of Jerry Hall, Jade Jagger and Linda Evangelista have previously lent their particular brand of international glamour to Australian Fashion Week.

But this year the highest profile model to strut the catwalk at the event is local girl made good, Alyssa Sutherland. The Brisbane-born stunner will model exclusively for designer Kirrily Johnston, who will unveil her latest collection this week.

New York-based Sutherland has modelled for global luxury brands such as Gucci, Giorgio Armani, Moschino, Yves Saint Laurent, Chanel and Calvin Klein but she said she was delighted to do her bit for Australian designers.

"I love coming back to Australia to work," the 26-year-old said.

"I think Kirrily makes some gorgeous creations and this collection is beautiful."

Finally found a pic! Alyssa at the Little Black Dress show afterparty, RAFW'09. Scanned by me from Aus Famous magazine (May 11 issue).

Attachments

• Alyssa LBD Party rs.jpg
    Alyssa LBD Party rs.jpg
    209.9 KB · Views: 9
^I loved reading her bio:

about me
I KNOW IT'S TIME TO SHUT MY MOUTH WHEN...
1. ...I’ve told a few too many stories about my dog, Harry, to someone I’ve just met... and their eyes are glazed over.
2. ...I’m ranting about the decline of society through vapid reality TV and I let a detail slip about Kelly and Bethenny’s mind-blowing catfight on last week’s episode of The Real Housewives of New York.
3. ...I’ve relived point after point from my tennis clinic in minute detail to my boyfriend... and his eyes are glazed over.
4. ...I’m describing every delicious bite of a medium-rare burger from New York’s Corner Bistro to a slightly ill-looking vegan.
5. ...I’m trying to explain what new pole-dancing trick I’ve mastered to my friends at brunch... and their eyes are glazed over.
6. ...I’m on yet another rant about just how bad the “Master Cleanse” and colonics are for you to a person that’s stirring cayenne pepper into their glass of lemon juice.
7. ...I’m reading this out loud trying to come up with one more thing ...and my own eyes are glazed over!

Great sense of humour! :D

Alyssa was on Seven's The Morning Show!

Sunriseon7 @ YouTube

lmao^
she looks great there!
i remember watching price is right and literally all the show girl models would tower larry

Oooh really?! She's done their covers so many times, they must really love her! Fingers crossed for an ed inside. Will try and dig up a cover pic.. :D

Ahh it's beautiful!

182_240_0_1242165600_ELLE_06_130509_Cover.jpg

elle.de

Last edited by a moderator:
Helligirl, thank you so much!

Alyssa has just now updated her modelfeed, she's going to be on tv from the sounds of it....!

I just taped an episode of “Talkin’ About Your Generation” in Melbourne. It was such a laugh! The panel of comedians (Amanda Keller, Charlie Pickering and Josh Thomas) had me in stitches along with the host, Shaun Micallef. This pic was taken once our episode wrapped.
Josh was a bit of a mess after our end game! I won’t give anything away, you’ll have to tune in to see who won…

l1030035-438x600.jpg

http://modelfeed.com/talkin-about-your-generation/

ETA: "Talkin' About Your Generation" is on Channel Ten on Tuesday evenings at 7:30pm. Just my luck we don't get Ch10 where I live!

^ I will have to watch it now :smile: Thank you.

Thank you so much helligirl for the scan! :woot: She looks great on the cover :crush: Amazing. Hope to see more new stuff :woot:

From the Sunday Mail:

News
Brisbane models rule the catwalks
Kellie Alderman
226 words
3 May 2009
Sunday Mail, The
2 - State - Main Country
English
THEY were the two shining runway stars of Australian Fashion Week -- Brisbane models Alyssa Sutherland and Myf Shepherd.

The pair, both living in New York and in hot demand worldwide, proved just as popular at home during Sydney's Rosemount Australian Fashion Week, which ended on Friday.

But it may be one of the last times Australian audiences get to see Sutherland in action. At 27, she feels it is time for a career change.

``I'm old in model years,'' she said. ``I'm trying to conquer the world a little bit more than that now. I'm studying acting in New York and waiting for a great role.

``Modelling is not really that difficult. I need to try something I can put a lot into and get something back from,'' the former face of Chanel cosmetics said.

She is in Brisbane this weekend to spend time with family, and may return to her home town in August for the Mercedes-Benz Fashion Festival.

She is on the cover and inside Italian Grazia issue N. 20

Srsly?! Whoooooooooo! :woot:

ETA: Ta-daaaaa! Posted by Tarsha in the Miscellaneous Magazines - Europe thread.

c12a193c98b0.jpg

radikal.ru

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jobrams
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->