American Models - Full Lists on Page #1

Well, Angela Lindvall, Erin Wasson, Carolyn Murphy are still going strong.

There's also Lindsay Ellingson, Missy, Cameron Russell, Michelle Buswell, JP...who else is there?

Oh yeah, and technically Emina as well.

There's also

Bridget Hall
Sessilee Lopez
Susan Eldridge
Trish Goff
Devon Aoki
Kemp Muhl

masquerade said:
(Lindsay's) a socal girl

That's hott.

I also heard that Emina is from the States too. Btw are pics okay for this thread?

Last edited by a moderator:
fouroclock said:
That's hott.

I also heard that Emina is from the States too. Btw are pics okay for this thread?

She was born in Michigan, but then moved to Albania with her family and then she moved back. So technically, she's from the US.

Add in SI staples Mallory Snyder, Molly Sims, and Marisa Miller.

And don't forget Crystal Renn!

For some reason I'm really convinced that Erin Wasson is Canadian :huh: ... maybe I'm making it up though.

The majority of the supers of yesteryear are Americans.

Cindy Crawford
Christy Turlington
Veronica Webb
Janice Dickinson
Patty Henson
Jerry Hall
Gia Carangi
Beverly Johnson
Naomi Simms
Beverly Peele
Amber Valletta

^ How did I forget Mimi Roach and Lydia Hearst? Thanks for the link MakeUpJunkie :flower:

No problem. Thats why I made the site. It makes it easy to find out where models are from.

KhaoticKharma said:
The majority of the supers of yesteryear are Americans.
I agree (or British), but today's list are all second rate or underwear models. Once the eastern bloc countries opened their borders, the US could not compete. And now with Brazil and China showing up, forget it. Something about (generally*) too-close eyes, longer faces, shorter bodies, and homogenized features for the caucasians. African and Asian American models are where the recruiters should focus. :innocent:

* not Susan Eldridge and JP tho

i believe coco rocha was born in the states and moved to canada (unless there is a richmond in canada...)
the best explanation i've heard from people in the fashion industry for why there aren't too many american girls modeling is because they whine to much. it's much easier to work with more dedicated russian girls who will "stand on one leg for 12 hours without complaining" :rolleyes:

gnu2 said:
I agree (or British), but today's list are all second rate or underwear models. Once the eastern bloc countries opened their borders, the US could not compete. And now with Brazil and China showing up, forget it. Something about (generally) too-close eyes, longer faces, shorter bodies, and homogenized features for the caucasians. African and Asian American models are where the recruiters should focus. :innocent:

just curious... are you asian or african?^_^

Hmm -I think model ethnicity is more interesting than nationality and therefore American and Brazilian mean very little. Some of the top models were American but do we honestly think Christy Turlington would have been the heartbreaking beauty she would be without her Salvadoran mother?

Which is why when people talk about Daria being Canadian, I think of her as Ukrainian, when they talk about Eugenia being Russian, I think of her as Tartar and when people talk about Yasmin W being Canadian, I think of her as Somalian.

No, just observing something and seeing if anyone agrees. :hardhead::angel::evil:

BaroqueRockstar said:
i believe coco rocha was born in the states and moved to canada (unless there is a richmond in canada...)
the best explanation i've heard from people in the fashion industry for why there aren't too many american girls modeling is because they whine to much. it's much easier to work with more dedicated russian girls who will "stand on one leg for 12 hours without complaining" :rolleyes:
Coco Rocha is from Richmond, British Columbia, Canada, it is just across the river from Vancouver.

SiennaInLondon said:
Hmm -I think model ethnicity is more interesting than nationality and therefore American and Brazilian mean very little. Some of the top models were American but do we honestly think Christy Turlington would have been the heartbreaking beauty she would be without her Salvadoran mother?

Which is why when people talk about Daria being Canadian, I think of her as Ukrainian, when they talk about Eugenia being Russian, I think of her as Tartar and when people talk about Yasmin W being Canadian, I think of her as Somalian.
That's very true, but apart from their original ethnic backgrounds, I think alot of the model's expressions and personalities come from where they have grown up. Let's say for example, as Daria is Ukranian in terms of looks, but when it comes to personality and actions I would say she is more on the Canadian side of things, which in the end contributes a lot to the whole package of the model she is today...

But back to the American models, they don't seem to be in much of favour, as many people say they do not work as hard as the models from other countries...

There really hasnt been anyone "big" from America since Angela Lindvall and Carolyn Murphy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
imjustken
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->