Ana Carolina Reston - RIP

sinstinker said:
ana carolina and family I am so sorry for your loss karma to you bianca, I will say this and not to much for this is time for carolina , but I find this hyprocritical that many can come on and make conments if the girl is fat and this is okay you can put down model on there thread but you can not talk about them being thin I ask you what are you sending out there it's okay to bash them for being fat or if they think ugly but dont talk about the "A" word. you can erase this but I will make a copy for myself.

you are mistaken in thinking that people can come and make comments that ppl are fat--any weight comments whether a person is "fat" or "thin" are not allowed at tfs.

you seem to be implying that tfs is a pro-anorexia environment, which would be a hugely inaccurate statement. Forgive me if I misinterpreted your statement but as I said before, this thread is not the place for this kind of discussion...

we all know tfs works hard to keep weight out of the discussion at all times. even though it may be true sometimes, we can't always assume that when people say they think an underweight model is thin that they are helping to create a "pro-ana" type of environment. if we were to say that some of those very thin girls were not so cute, it might urge them to try and get even skinnier because they would think it was because they were overweight. whichever way the pendulum swings those with eating disorders who read either type of comment about them will continue to act as they are unless they get treatment. i highly doubt tfs has the ability or power to make someone continue to have an eating disorder or urge on the trend. ed's are a mental condition often related to ocd. a simple and wonderful internet forum can't create or urge on something that complex, nor is it trying to do so. people who comment on these forums comment because they love the model, not because they love the ED or the appearance or existence of an ED.

Poor girl :(
yes, here in spain it's supposed that models who wear a size less than 38 can't be in the catwalk shows because they don't want THIS to happen.I don't know if it's the best way to stop anorexia on models but...
RIP pretty girl :(

Oh God... It's so sad!!! :(:(:( I hope it's the last girl wchich died, just because she wanted to be more fit.

RIP ana carolina.
hopefully ppl will learn from this horrible tragedy.
its a shame this continues to happen all because of a job requirement.
she was just beginning her life and was so beautiful :cry:

Last edited by a moderator:
4035711ov4.jpg

orkut

fashionista-ta said:
In the Armani ad, she does ... it doesn't even look like there's a body in there. :cry:

and even though their rep called and said she was too thin they used her.

go figure.

She was beautiful, the poor thing. :( Rip. Her poor family and friends, God.

A brasilian model, Ana Carolina Reston died from anorexia tuesday in Sao Paulo. She was in hospital for 3 weeks to cure a kydney infection. she feed only eating tomatoes and apples.
"An anorexic person loose all her immun capacities and are victim of any infection" according to professor Alain Meunier.
"Anorexic people are most of the time denying their didease", says Alain Meunier." A 21kg girl can imagine she's fat. Plus, diet gives the feeling of euphoria, hyperactivity and keeps you away from moral and phisical pain.
It's all the more difficult for people around to realise something is wrong with anorexic people that they are often brilliant coz they concentrate on their work to escape food."
Ana Carolina Reston, who was a modeling since she was 13, was recently on a shooting for Armani catalog in Japan.
As she was too exhausted she had to come back home in Brasil.

mariemaud said:
dunno if it shows...:unsure:
it's an acticle I've found today in newpaper.
I've started the translation (hope it's correct, sorry for the bad quality, my english is poor for the moment...:doh:)

translation part 2

After too skinny models have been banned from Madrid last september, the anorexia issue happens right now in Brazil.
"the trend of skinny models doesn't lead to anorexia" assume Alain Meunier.
" I agree that this trend can accentuate the disease of a person who is suffering from anorexia"
But anorexia is a true disease which has always existed even during periods when skinny people were not trendy"
Despite he noticed there are more eating disorder cases, he doesn't think it's useful to search for which/who is guilty. He says that most of models don't suffer from anorexia.
Kate Moss could't have worked so much (catwalks + shootings) if she had been anorexic.

Last edited by a moderator:
Model Ana Carolina Reston, 21, died of anorexia

This is so scary, the modeling world is so vicious.

Model's Death from Anorexia Spurs Warnings

FRIDAY NOVEMBER 17, 2006 10:40AM EST
By Stephen M. Silverman

Ana Carolina Reston Photo by: REUTERS / L'Equipe Agence
ana_reston.jpg

The death Tuesday of anorexic model Ana Carolina Reston has those close to her hoping the fashion industry will finally wake up to the dangers of the eating disorder.

Reston, 21, a Brazilian model who weighed only 88 pounds at the time of her death, succumbed to a generalized infection caused by anorexia nervosa, officials at Sao Paulo's Servior Publico Hospital said.

Reston's mother, Miriam, told the Estado de Sao Paulo newspaper she'd pleaded with her 5-ft., 8-in. daughter to eat more, the Associated Press reports. "She would say: 'Mom, please don't fight with me. There is nothing wrong with me, I'm fine.' "

Also speaking out is the mother of Reston's model boyfriend, Bruno Setti, 19. "Ana's death should serve as a wake-up call to modeling agencies about the danger of anorexia," Setti's mother Viviane said, according to the London Times. "There's nothing glamorous about an ending like hers."

Reston's cousin, Dani Grimaldi, told Estado de Sao Paulo that Ana Carolina also suffered from bulimia. "Fifteen minutes after eating she would lock herself in the bathroom and turn on the shower so no one could hear her vomiting," he said.

In September, the organizers of Madrid Fashion Week banned models below a minimum body-mass index from the event's shows after the death of model Luisel Ramos, 22, from heart failure, reportedly after weeks of consuming nothing but lettuce and diet drinks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
darvesh
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->