Angelica Cheung - Editor

rangerrick14 said:
I wonder though how she works in a communist country. I know consumerism and luxury has gone up there due to the government allowing more personal capitolism but what about the articles inside; I wonder if there is some censoring going on.

From the Herald Tribune article sethii posted:

Are there stories in American Vogue or French Vogue that you cannot run because you are in a Communist country where censorship is practiced?

- Really, the only thing is nudity. There are rules, but then some pictures are O.K. and you see them in other magazines. Honestly, though, it's not my taste.

^ this is the most sexual photo from june issue

mo wandan

scan by ecec

there is actually an image of a painting of 4 nude women also. but not full nudity.

Maybe one day there will be a striptease page like Paris Vogue :D

^ oh so they don't put nudity in the issues...
maybe that's why the ed about lingerie in the July issue is an illustration only instead of photos of real people

I love reading Vogue China (that's probably because it's in Chinese though haha) I love "the great debate" section the best :heart:
like "leggings vs tights", "body-con vs volume", "fabrics vs leather", etc.
Is it an unqiue section of Vogue China or other magazine(s) has/have it too?

are there any photos of Angelica going to fashion shows?

"like "leggings vs tights", "body-con vs volume", "fabrics vs leather", etc.
Is it an unqiue section of Vogue China or other magazine(s) has/have it too?"

I've seen that in UK VOGUE; but I don't think it's a regular feature. :flower:

The only photos I've found of her are in this thread :( Perhaps the european press don't recognise her when she does attend shows. Hopefully as more people become aware of her we will see more pics ^_^

I wish she would get a new website that loads in less than one day! :yuk:

Wow. I'm eager to see how she develops China Vogue. Her style, from the very limited pictures we have, seem to be a hit/miss for me. It's inconsistent, but at least her haircut's constant.

editor's letter, august 2007

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
my scan
[/FONT]

Seems to me, no offense to anyone, that Conde Nast's trying to brainwash the Chinese to buy all the made-in-China, over-priced, "luxury" goods that their counterparts in the West guzzle blindly. I can't believe she defined "sophisticated" to mean trend following.
We add an educational element. Military looks are a big trend now and there is a story in the September issue. For Italian Vogue or American Vogue it would be enough to just run the fashion pictures because the women are sophisticated enough to get the idea. But the Chinese women are not there yet.
Also, it was never specified where the brands came from, or who the four young fashion designers were. But I suspect that the brands are US Vogue's mainstays, ie corporate sponsors, versus homegrown Chinese talent--which should exist in such a large, populated country.

She makes Vogue China seem like a vehicle for US Vogue's advertisers, all over and over again. It's not really a fashion magazine more than it is a corporate vehicle.

a bad news for her,and Vogue China

Recently 6 or 7 editors under her resigned ALL TOGETHER.

OH MY GOD! why?! Can you post the news source? :shock:

from danwei

''
UPDATE (by Jeremy Goldkorn:( From the media gossip mill: apparently Vogue editor Angelica Cheung is leaving Vogue to have a baby. Other gossip indicates that the publisher has also recently resigned.
What's up with China's own Condé Nasties? Tips about the recent staffing changes are welcome: send to suggest -at- danwei dot org. ''

http://www.danwei.org/magazines/vogue_in_the_winter.php

These people resigned collectively due to the issue of housing subsidies.

Where's Cheung?

Why Vogue China's EIC skipped the shows

Thursday, March 01, 2007

(PARIS) While Anna Wintour, Franca Sozzani, and Carine Roitfeld have all been present and accounted for at the Milan and Paris shows, fellow editor-in-chief Angelica Cheung's absence from this season-included January's couture shows-raised a few eyebrows from fashion insiders looking for some juicy gossip. As it turns out, there's nothing indecorous to report-unless your idea of dirty involves diapers and burping. The Vogue China editor is eight months pregnant with her first baby with her English husband and is under strict doctor's orders not to fly. The baby girl is due in March.
fashionweekdialy

Last edited by a moderator:
no comment

5566189394795119080ay9lr6.jpg

model2007

the bob she has on the first page is identical to my mum's haircut...how strange....

she should be an editor for elle or marie claire the smaller venue magazines, china vogue has been too much for her

How could she let her staff be photographed like this? :ninja: I don't even want to give my opinion...:cry:

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
model2007

[/FONT]

^ you mean they look like factory workers? i'll go there if you won't.

Oh gosh that is... not good.

It's a shame too because it's not an accurate depiction about style in Hong Kong (Vogue China's offices are in HK I believe) at all. If you go to the right places, there are so many more elegantly and more put together dressed people about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amywhiffen
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->