Jamie Huckbody - Editor

:shock: Yes, I'd like to know why he left too! What he was doing with Harpers I was beginning to like..it's a shame, because he only appointed not long ago!

Can someone please post some editorial(s) he styled or worked on? I forgot his attributes for the magazine already. :P Thanks! :flower:

I can only remember how he put Scarlett Johansson on an all-red cover. :innocent: I hated it!

Last edited by a moderator:
I remember coming across some articles that he wrote in old issues of Harper's Bazaar - after all he used to be its Fashion Features Director I believe, as well as work as a fashion features writer in the UK (Elle I think, and a newspaper or two?)

Hmmm I don't think he left voluntarily if you catch my drift :( I wonder what he's up to now?

^^From those issues that he edited and i got, i felt like he was in over his head in the position. His Bazaar was disjointed and lacked good content, plus he was heavy on the re-prints. Australian Bazaar always had them, but it never felt like they overshadowed the original features, just imho.

Apparently(a commenter from my blog:(

"Let’s just say he certainly didn’t choose to leave. Hopefully Alison and Edwina will return it to its former glory. Jamie is an amazing fashion journo but not the right ed for the current climate."

^ oh my gawd noooo!!!! Grazia fails...
Just a random comment: I think Grazia is actually quite a good read and it is cheap and current - sometimes you feel it is better to spend your money on Grazia than waiting for a month to get bloody expensive-and-boring Vogue AU / Harper's Bazaar. :stuart:

So it means that he was fired!?

Yes definitely fired.

I wonder what Edwina McCann will be like. As an editor, as a person...

let's hope bazaar will still be bazaar and not 4 grazias combined into one ....

When is the switch over going to start? Not this month (Drew B cover) obviously, next month?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alliexcx
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->